= Tier: Moons
|SGB Pokémon: Blue Version (USA/Europe) in 1:18:58.78 by Primorial#soup.|
|VBA movie (.vbm) (date: 2007-08-23)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 46.82 MB, length: 1:21:07)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 51.43 MB, length: 1:21:07)
Mirror www.archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.dailymotion.com)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #1671 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #548 (1:41:58.52)
Rating: 7.0 (31 votes)
|- Uses death to save time|
- Takes damage to save time
- Forgoes major skip glitch
- Forgoes final boss skip glitch
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Forgoes save data corruption
- Foregoes memory corruption
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Genre: RPG
This movie has been obsoleted!Click here to see the movie that obsoleted it.
Primorial#soup used CONFUSION. Critical hit! Audience is confused!
Pokémon is a phenomenon that made itself very famous in a short time several years ago. Pokémon: Blue Version is part of the first generation of the games of that series that were made.
In this movie, Primorial starts, as usual, as a teenage boy in Kanto with a level 5 starter Pokémon. Through vigorously fighting, intermittently doing actions that apparently make no sense (such as bicycling in circles), he beats
all eight seven gym leaders, earning himself their badges and the right to challenge the world champion in Pokémon battles. And he wins, of course ― 23 minutes faster than in the previous movie.
It is recommended to read the author's comments as well as the discussion relating to the movie in order to fully enjoy it.
There is also a run that glitches to the end of the game faster via overflowing buffers, as well as one that resets during saving, corrupting the save and allowing an even faster completion.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff