Table of contents [expand all
] [collapse all
Multimedia movies (AVI, MKV and MP4)
section allows users to download multimedia files. All files are available via BitTorrent. In addition, many of our movies are available from archive.org mirror links.
You will need BitTorrent and the proper codec to play them.
There are multiple BitTorrent clients; any of them should work just fine. Some popular ones are:
is a piece of software that encodes or decodes an audio and/or video file.
Almost all multimedia movies encoded on this site use the H264 standard for video. Very old movies use DivX or XviD. Movies on this site use either Vorbis or AAC for audio, older movies use MP3 instead.
If you can hear sound but there is no video, you need an H264 codec. There are a couple options:
- Most, if not all, of the free media players (like VLC, for instance) already have the codecs you will need to play the movies. See below for the link.
- If the media player does not contain H264 or Vorbis codecs but allows support for one (such as Windows Media Player), you may simply download the latest version of FFDShow which contains all codecs necessary to play multimedia movies on this site.
Your operating system probably already includes a standard media player, but you can try one of these if the standard media player doesn't work well.
MPlayer and mpv on all platforms
MPlayer and MPlayer2 support these encodes.
The latest versions of VLC player supports 10-bit encodes.
Windows with Media Player Classic
In order to play such encodes back you will need the latest LAV Filters
, plugged into Media Player Classic
. To configure the latter to use them for output, go to: View -> Options -> External filters, press "Add filter" button and choose "LAV Video Decoder", then highlight it and choose "Prefer" radiobutton. If you are going to watch .MP4 files, disable
MP4/MOV internal filter.
If you want to watch such videos in greater resolution, still seeing sharp pixels, go to: View -> Playback -> Output, and choose "Resizer" -> "Nearest neighbour". And to see the resized pixels properly, scale only by an integer number.
Emulators and Key Input Movies
All our Movies
include a key input file. You need an emulator and a ROM to play them. We do NOT
needed to play and record key input movies.
Read the FAQ
if you have any problems with playback.
repository offers a number of useful utilities for movie editing, movie making, and various publication work.
- Text editors with line count functionality are used to edit plaintext files.
- Hex editors are used to edit binary files.
- Applications & Plug-ins to interact with the website itself. Including software for easily reviewing TASVideos contents from home theaters, cell phones, and more.
Downloads last edited by Nach
on 2014-08-13 12:02:45Page info and history | Latest diff | List referrers | View Source