Multiple edits made by the same editor within half an hour of each other no longer
count as just one edit in Recent Changes
. The half hour is now reduced to one minute.
- As of now, all non-minor edits are reported immediately to IRC. If you are testing functionality or are just an obsessive editor, either use the preview button, or check minor edit so your edits do not disturb IRC. After you are sure that you are done, you can make a dummy edit and save without checking the minor edit box, if you make a significant change. This includes the Sand Box.
- Please don't do mass changes (a small change that is done to 10 pages at the same time), unless you have discussed their need with other editors. Each edit creates a new copy of the page in database, and the site administration prefers quality over quantity.
Most of the following features are available only to vested editors.
Editors will see an small edit button on the bottom right hand side of a movie module. This allows them to access the movie edit page.
(also available to normal editors)
Edits the movie description text.
Ability to edit the movie categories (such as "Heavy Glitch Abuse"). Clicking "edit classes" brings up a list of available classes.
When editing movie classes, follow the Movie Class Guidelines
(also available to encoders)
Ability to add/remove screenshots, torrent files, mirror and streaming urls. Accessed from the Edit/add files button.
- If adding a screenshot, remember to click the delete checkbox for the existing one.
- Never remove the only torrent file for a movie.
If adding a torrent as a replacement, remember to click the delete checkbox for the existing one.
- All publications must have at least one valid streaming URL and/or an archive.org mirror URL.
Ability to edit the Player name, Platform, Game name, Game version, Branch name, ROM filename and the "Hacked movie" status. Accessed from the Edit info button.
- Do not change the player without good reason (and admin approval).
- Follow the Publisher Guidelines regarding giving the proper Game Name, Version, Branch, ROM Name, and Movie filenames.
- The "hacked game or otherwise impure movie" checkbox places the movie in the Concept/Demos category.