Getting a page
As a TASer on this site you can request a user page. Contact an administrator or admin assistant
, or simply send adelikat
a PM on the forums. On the page, you can write things about yourself, about your TAS projects, about your thoughts, and so on.
User pages differ from regular pages in these aspects:
- User pages can be edited by their owner, even if they're not an editor.
- User pages provide automatic links to the owner's forum profile, submissions etc.
- User pages enable [user:name] links on the wiki, which lead to your user page.
- User pages are denoted by a house icon on the Recent Changes page.
Do not use the user page as a notepad. Rendering and storing the pages requires expensive server resources.
You should read the Text Formatting Rules
to learn how to do add
simple formatting to your text.
The administration reserves the discretion to delete user pages that do not follow these guidelines.
Once you have a user page you can also create subpages within that namespace.
For example, if your username is "Bisqwit
", you can create a subpage "Projects" by editing the page "Bisqwit/Projects
If your page is becoming too long, you should consider dividing it into subpages.
Subpages are pages that consists of the main page name, a slash, and the subpage name. For example, Bisqwit's projects
page is Bisqwit/Projects
. A subpage can also have subpages: Bisqwit/Projects/ChronoCross
- To automatically list your subpages, insert this code onto your main page: [module:ListSubPages].
- To automatically create a link back to the parent page, insert this code onto your sub page: [module:ListParents].
UserPages last edited by RachelB on 2012-03-24 21:32:30Page info and history | Latest diff | List referrers | View Source