1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
You never responded to Phil's point about SNES having a product name. Quit lying.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
JXQ wrote:
You never responded to Phil's point about SNES having a product name. Quit lying.
You shouldn't have left IRC.
Dec 19 00:10:20 <PhilCote>	Guys, let's start to use SHVC instead of Snes.
Dec 19 00:10:23 <Fabian_>	I know nothing about game boy
Dec 19 00:10:25 <PhilCote>	:P
Dec 19 00:10:25 <Fabian_>	or dmg or whatever
Dec 19 00:10:31 <Fabian_>	I have no interest in that discussion
Dec 19 00:10:38 <moozooh>	right, Phil
Dec 19 00:10:43 <moozooh>	we shouldn't be afraid of change.
Dec 19 00:10:51 <insane_coder>	PhilCote, if I ever make my own emulator, perhaps I'll call it NSHVC
Dec 19 00:10:57 <moozooh>	so yeah, i'm opening my SHVC9x right now...
Enough of this, if you check the logs you'll see I responded to everything, anything you see missing is a deficiency in yourself for not finding it.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Banned User, Former player
Someone should compile this into a mega-flash movie with Phoenix Wright-themed OBJECTION!s and HOLD IT!s. In other news, JXQ has a point. ----- EDIT ------ forum != IRC
Perma-banned
Former player
Nach wrote:
Enough of this, if you check the logs you'll see I responded to everything, anything you see missing is a deficiency in yourself for not finding it.
Wow, I totally see you responding in there at some point. Oh wait...
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Xkeeper wrote:
forum != IRC
To point out I did respond to it in the forums but in a round about manner. If you glean my posts carefully you'll notice I made references to cases where something may have more than one official abbreviation and acronym. Good night everyone.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Former player
Oh snap, everyone is going to get so many +5 it's embarassing. :o Fabian says we can all party at his place.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
1) Wow, what a lame-ass "response". Way to miss the point that SNES has a different abbreviation that should be used according to your principles. 2) Funny how the things you have no good response to are not put on the forums. 3) See Xkeeper's edit. 4) Finished. Discussing things with you is hopeless. Feel free to come up with a witty retort on IRC that I'll never see.
Tub
wow. Now Zurreco has found a way to turn Nach into a convenient instrument to increase his post counter. Also, the priests of Baal were mostly slain for the exp. Some people slay them to be able to hurt baal himself, because he ocasionally drops shiny stuff.
m00
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Tub, do you ever post without making sure to note that you are above all this arguing?
Former player
Tub wrote:
wow. Now Zurreco has found a way to turn Nach into a convenient instrument to increase his post counter.
It's not about post count: Nach wasn't man enough to finish the debate, so I gave him a few chances to redeem himself. Also: <Fabian_> JXQ is stupid lol <Fabian_> and he'll never see this hahahaha
Former player
Just have a quick announcement. Everyone is welcome to the party at my place. Bring stuff to eat and drink.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Tub
JXQ wrote:
Tub, do you ever post without making sure to note that you are above all this arguing?
sure, but only in cases where I'm actually interested in arguing. Now don't go offtopic, this thread is about bashing Nach, not about bashing me. Thank you.
m00
Active player (410)
Stop that please. That topic is Dirty and plentyful of Moronic attitude and I will stop reading it before being Gayed.
Former player
Just to let everyone know, the official abbreviations for Super NES Control Deck aren't SHVC, SFC, or SNES. The only options are clearly ABS and EXT. Fabian, when is the party and how do I get to your place?
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
Former player
Party is going on at all times. Get to Sweden, then call for further directions.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Phil wrote:
Stop that please. That topic is Dirty and plentyful of Moronic attitude and I will stop reading it before being Gayed.
This is Phil's best post since "Festival of stupidities"! :D Fabian:
maps.google.com wrote:
We could not calculate driving directions between JXQ's Crib and Sweden.
Frownsnake.
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
Nach wrote:
In no cases except a matter of court or voting should a decision be based solely on the amount of people saying one way over another.
In the matter of what constitutes clear communication, what the majority of people say becomes what is correct. This is because "clarity" in the context of communication, is defined by what the most people will understand. This would indicate that, in the matter of promoting the "DMG" acronym for gameboy games over the "GB" acronym, you are incorrect if your goal is clear communication. This is because the majority of users on this forum understand "GB" as meaning GameBoy, but do not understand "DMG" as meaning GameBoy. Furthermore, even if you are arguing that people should be made aware that Nintendo's technical aspects referred to the Game Boy system as DMG, so that DMG becomes the clear communication of Game Boy; because DMG is actually an acronym meaning "Dot Matrix Game" the term would become ambiguous if/when Game Gear or Neo Geo Pocket become TASable systems. I would advise you to reexamine your position.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Disclaimer: I didn't even finish the first page of this thread. Flame on! Nach: I don't want to insult you ... yet. (That's for later in the post.) But get off your high horse! No one gives a junk-diddly-unk, and your estimation of your own linguistic aptitude is a bit o-o-overinflated. Your speech is fairly imprecise. You use words slightly incorrectly all the time and don't seem to know it. Here is a concrete example:
I believe in fully upholding precision to the highest standards possible
Precisely interpreted, your sentence is nonsensical. What you mean to say is "I believe in upholding speech to the highest standards of precision possible." Do you perceive the difference? It seems you also failed to notice that no one (here) uses CGB, AGB, or DOL to refer to their respective consoles. Why do you give special status to DMG? Because you are right and everyone else is wrong? Sorry if I seem confrontational. I've been rereading Dawkins lately. Anyway, without further ado, let's proceed to xebra's upholdingly entertained list of Nach's egregiously piddly-shit offenses to the impossible standardness of his ears's stringency:
A quick place to look is the back page
I start explaining what C++ is and one student asked
we were very meticulous about precision in speech
if it's a technical or important manner in anyway
As informed people are or aren't,
It is also wrong of us who knows the correct term to use it
we wouldn't be having this conversation now of the term not being recognized enough
however I hold by my statement that you have to be a bit of an idiot
It will be marketed of course under it's full name
but in many official texts you will see it referred to solely by it's acronym
Finding the errors in the above quotes is left as an exercise for the reader. Domo arigato, Mr. Illiterato.
Former player
jimsfriend wrote:
Just to let everyone know, the official abbreviations for Super NES Control Deck aren't SHVC, SFC, or SNES.
That's right, it's SNS. What was your point again?
upthorn wrote:
because DMG is actually an acronym meaning "Dot Matrix Game" the term would become ambiguous if/when Game Gear or Neo Geo Pocket become TASable systems.
This is absolutely not the case, as none fo these other systems ahve ever been called DMG. Please provide any one internet-accessable source over 1 year of age which uses DMG to mean any handheld gaming system other than Gameboy.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Active player (277)
Not that they've been CALLED Dot Matrix Games, but that they ARE dot matrix games.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'are' are.
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
But surely there was deceit involved! The story can't be intriguing without intrigue or deceit!
How come deceit isn't spelled like receipt?
JXQ wrote:
Thanks for the reference pictures, jimsfriend. There are other words on the Game Boy system as well, such as "Battery" and "Contrast". I now feel like an idiot for having a game boy all these years and never noticing the word "Contrast". That must be what Nintendo meant to call them. If no one believes me, I can whip up a quick png file to make it official. Any good Contrast games I should look into for TASing? Maybe Contrast 3: The Alien Wars. Eh? Eh? Groan.
What the hell is a pong file?
Former player
how do you pronounce your name? >_>
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Former player
Using his vocal chords?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7