This movie is a full run-through of Super Mario Bros., using no warps. Well,I think this movie is much better then the old one: [275] NES Super Mario Bros. "warpless" by Phil & Genisto in 18:57.73
In 2-1,I can't do the pole trick,because if I do,then time goes "6",it will waste times,same in 8-3.And in 7-1's end,I step on a bullet to complete,it can't save times,but it can't waste times,so I did.Nothing else I can say about it,enjoy watching!!!
FCEU0.98.16 Aims for fastest time Uses no warps Abuses programming errors in the game
Xipo: You use a bug called “flag pole glitch” which can reduce 21 frame in almost stage.And you don’t use it only in 2-1,8-3 because program will congratulate you(time is 346 and 243).It will lost much time. In stage 4-4,you use a bug called ”pass the wall”. In stage 7-1,you wait a little,and you use a bug called “legendary flagpole-stuck glitch” The reason why you become big Mario(level up) is that you can beat BOSS with bullet instead of destroy bridge.Then you can reduce some time.
HappyLee: And some interisting pictures about this movie:

adelikat: Accepted and Processing.

jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Very nice run! 7-1's glitch was crazy and i love the way you did the water in 8-4. Yes Vote.
HappyLee wrote:
Who votes NO???
Probably someone jealous or maybe it's just a mistake.
HappyLee wrote:
Who votes NO???
Don take it too close to your heart )
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
I suspect this run can be improved, but I am not sure. Maybe you should try harder in 8-2 to perform the flagpole-stuck glitch. Yes vote because "I liked watching this movie".
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Skilled player (1670)
jaysmad wrote:
HappyLee wrote:
Who votes NO???
Or someone who did not like the movie. Which would make more sense. Edit: Like myself for example. Super ZZZ Bros indeed. I will not vote, however, since my vote will not make any difference.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Cardboard wrote:
jaysmad wrote:
HappyLee wrote:
Who votes NO???
Or someone who did not like the movie. Which would make more sense.
How could someone not like this, if it improves the current run. We all know how smb goes. Mario does fakie throws fireballs and saves the princess. The person that votes no on a movie like this is either a SMB hatter, a guy that is pissed because his time got beatten, a TAS hatter or just a complete ignorant. Edit: Also, some people, here, tend to reject new players so having a you ,HappyLee, breaking every SMB record on the site can bring some hate from some.
Senior Moderator
There is more than that to dislike. E.g., stylistic choices.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Skilled player (1670)
I did not like it because it was boring and predictable. Same stuff happened all over again. SMB1 is not suited for TASing THERE WE GO I SAID IT. I'm not gonna enjoy a run just because it is an improvement to a run I did not like. That being said, I was not the one who voted no.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
When i dont like a game, i dont go download the ROM, the movie and lose my time watching it, to see if im gonna like it, all of a sudden, but you are right... The more opinions, the better.
Senior Moderator
What if you do like the game but don't like the movie? Seriously, this is an endless debate. Accept the no votes and walk by.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
moozooh wrote:
What if you do like the game but don't like the movie? Seriously, this is an endless debate. Accept the no votes and walk by.
Ok for now... But I will be back :P
Expert player (2453)
klmz wrote:
I suspect this run can be improved, but I am not sure. Maybe you should try harder in 8-2 to perform the flagpole-stuck glitch. Yes vote because "I liked watching this movie".
Oh,my god,klmz's here! in 8-2,I didn't try too many times,because this action is too hard for me,my technique is not good as yours.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Experienced player (822)
Cardboard wrote:
Same stuff happened all over again. SMB1 is not suited for TASing THERE WE GO I SAID IT.
I concur with Cardboard
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
arflech
He/Him
I'd vote Yes but for some reason I still can't vote, even though I've moved from Lurker to Newbie.
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
You ability to vote isn't determined by your post count, it's set manually by an admin Also I vote yes on the movie and hope it gets published soon
Editor, Active player (296)
P.JBoy wrote:
You ability to vote isn't determined by your post count, it's set manually by an admin
Not manually. There's a mechanism behind it, but the details are kept secret to avoid abuse. The rank/title has nothing to do with it.
Expert player (2453)
Oh...
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Lord_Tom
He/Him
Expert player (3273)
Great looking run, yes vote.
Expert player (2453)
Thanks^_^
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1106] NES Super Mario Bros. "warpless" by HappyLee in 18:49.65
Expert player (2453)
Thank you,Mr robot!
Banned User, Former player
Bisqwit wrote:
P.JBoy wrote:
You ability to vote isn't determined by your post count, it's set manually by an admin
Not manually. There's a mechanism behind it, but the details are kept secret to avoid abuse. The rank/title has nothing to do with it.
it probably has something more to do with posts and register time. of course, this is just a guess.
Perma-banned
Active player (410)
I was expecting this run for some time by mushadv. However, happylee just did it. Before watching this run, I did watch the SMB FDS run and notice all those annoying backward and unnecessary jumps all the way to Bowser. I was hoping it wasn't the case for this run. But NO, HE JUST JUMPS BACKWARD ALL THE LEVELS. Also, wtf with those random wobblings in water stages... There is no style in this movie. No playing with music, didn't show many bugs that didn't slow down the run etc... etc... I am 100% disappointed. That run is inferior, for entertainment value, to preceding SMB1 warpless movies. Yes, movie in plural that includes old speedruns on console. So, let's go mushadv, you can do better.