Editor, Active player (296)
I have two NES-clone controllers, which look remarkably similar to the ones in this picture (even the console is remarkably similar, though rounder): image copied from: http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/pirate/images/consoles/home_computer_3600.jpg As you can see, only one of them has start&select buttons. Now, the problem is that the rubber mat which the select&start buttons are constructed from is borked. But I'd like to use them... Any ideas what to replace it with?
Are there four buttons on those? Two orange and two black ones, or is it just what it seems? What are those for?
Former player
I'm not familiar with the word "borked."
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Cazlab wrote:
Are there four buttons on those? Two orange and two black ones, or is it just what it seems? What are those for?
The orange buttons are turbo versions of the normal A and B buttons. In my controllers though, there's a sliding selector for turbo level instead of buttons.
Feitclub wrote:
I'm not familiar with the word "borked."
Sorry. Broken. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bork&r=d - definition 1.
Bisqwit wrote:
Sorry. Broken. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bork&r=d - definition 1.
2. bork Exclamation commonly used by muppet swedes. WTF?! :D I've never used that w0rd!
Ok... I found a solution, sort of. Because of a LASIK surgery I underwent a few months ago, I have a package of eyedrops (Celluvisc), and it just happens that the caps of those capsules are just the right size to represent the select & start buttons, and they have a widening that enables them to stay inside the controller and not drop out. So I just need to adjust the length and it should be fine...
Player (104)
Let me get this straight ... you replaced Start and Select buttons on a controller with ... eyedrop caps??? That's a weird controller LoL
Halamantariel wrote:
Let me get this straight ... you replaced Start and Select buttons on a controller with ... eyedrop caps???
That's right!
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
>WTF?! :D I've never used that w0rd! You're saying you're a swedish muppet?
Former player
Ha...the Swedish Chef...I haven't seen him in twenty years.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Halamantariel wrote:
Let me get this straight ... you replaced Start and Select buttons on a controller with ... eyedrop caps??? That's a weird controller LoL
show us a picture of it Bisqwit
SSVegetto wrote:
If only I had a camera.
Bisqwit wrote:
SSVegetto wrote:
If only I had a camera.
Oh I assumed that you had a camera, from looking at the first picture.
Active player (278)
Oh, I think that's just a look-alike picture he found somewhere.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Bisqwit wrote:
Ok... I found a solution, sort of. Because of a LASIK surgery I underwent a few months ago, I have a package of eyedrops (Celluvisc), and it just happens that the caps of those capsules are just the right size to represent the select & start buttons, and they have a widening that enables them to stay inside the controller and not drop out. So I just need to adjust the length and it should be fine...
I just had LASIK too. I, and I imagine my friend Bisqwit, strongly recommend anybody who is unhappy with their vision undergo the surgery. You won't regret it, it is unbelievable to wake up and see the world. Shapes are shaper, colors are brighter and just generally I'm happier with the way I see. I hope, and would be pretty sure, Bisqwit would agree with me.
Love, Ev
Player (67)
air__devil wrote:
Shapes are shaper
I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty good. :)
Blublu wrote:
air__devil wrote:
Shapes are shaper
I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty good. :)
I'm not really sure how to expain it, so I'm going to [drunkly] photoshop an example. The same shape Before and After //Wow I did that quite well in my opinion Is that more clear [haha, play get the play on words?!] now, dude?
Love, Ev
I agree with air__devil. It's like the world's rendering resolution has increased. :P
Player (67)
Increased resolution? Are you sure your glasses werent just incredibly dirty or scratched? Oh well, glasses will be fine for me for now...
Former player
I just had LASIK too. I, and I imagine my friend Bisqwit, strongly recommend anybody who is unhappy with their vision undergo the surgery. You won't regret it, it is unbelievable to wake up and see the world. Shapes are shaper, colors are brighter and just generally I'm happier with the way I see.
I'd try it if there was some more conclusive research on the long term effects of walking around with thin corneas.
Former player
I have biweekly disposable contacts and they work fine. I always pass out with them on, however and they end up being irretated and scratchy.
Deviance wrote:
I'd try it if there was some more conclusive research on the long term effects of walking around with thin corneas.
For the procedure, they make a map of the depth of the cornea. The minimum thickness has to be at least 530 micrometers or so. I had 544. The flap which will be cut is about 150-190 micrometers in thickness, and it's flipped back after the operation and it'll attach back and heal. The thickness of the cornea only changes by a few micrometers - less than 1%, which is hardly significant at all but has effect in the refraction, which is why the operation is performed. Edit: What you probably had in mind was PRK, which permanently removes 5-10% of the surface tissue of the eye.
I would rather be able to fire laser beams out of my eyes.
suraimu wrote:
I would rather be able to fire laser beams out of my eyes.
Read my comics. I totally incorporated that into what happened after the procedure... http://students.oxy.edu/airdevil/comics This is a good example of the laser eye in use: http://students.oxy.edu/airdevil/comics/031305b.jpg Enjoy! //Shameless self promotion... [edit]Props to anybody you can identify which games the characters are from...
Love, Ev
Skilled player (1405)
I love how this topic got derailed so quickly... So I'll just go with the flow. :P For me my personal physical image is so tied up in the preseence of glasses I don't see myself abandoning them anytime soon. Besides, $.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.