Post subject: Idea to tas windows games
nocash4u
She/Her
And if we can make a game run inside another program, and from that point, add things that are necessary to make a TAS, when I thought I found it a good idea,I don't know if it may work
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
That made no sense at all. edit: ok, i think deciphered what you meant. If so, then what you're looking for already exists, and is called hourglass.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
rog wrote:
That made no sense at all.
It's called HourGlass.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Guga
He/Him
Emulator Resources wrote:
Windows: Hourglass
We already have it -.-'
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
You silly people, you all repeat each other about Hourglass but none of you actually put a link to it. You must help this poor man find it! Hourglass.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
nocash4u
She/Her
You guys do not understand what i mean,i was saying , literally , inside another program , like Crysis inside a box , and then makes the possible to do a TAS on it , understand now? Not like Hourglass do
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
retardedhorse wrote:
You guys do not understand what i mean,i was saying , literally , inside another program , like Crysis inside a box , and then makes the possible to do a TAS on it , understand now? Not like Hourglass do
That still sounds exactly like hourglass.
Noxxa
They/Them
retardedhorse wrote:
Isn't that just what Hourglass does? Sure, it doesn't support much more than smaller 2D games and especially not something as grand as Crysis, but other than that, Hourglass is basically like what you're describing.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Post subject: Oh, I get it!
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
No you guys don't understand him, it has to be literally inside, not figuratively inside. Here's a diagram:
/----------------\
|Box             |
|/-------------\ |
||Inside       | |
||             | |
|\____________/  |
\_______________/
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
Mothrayas wrote:
retardedhorse wrote:
Isn't that just what Hourglass does? Sure, it doesn't support much more than smaller 2D games and especially not something as grand as Crysis, but other than that, Hourglass is basically like what you're describing.
The only issue would be is that the "box" for Hourglass is not complete; there are "holes" in it, that is, unintercepted services that make some games unable to be TASed. The fix then though is to just develop Hourglass more..
Post subject: Illustrative mockup of revolutionary inside-the-box tech
Experienced player (758)
Emulator Coder
turska, good but let me explain better. The top two images is HourGlass. The game is not literally inside HourGlass. In the second row, the game is indeed inside the application.
I find the concept of Nach being a doctor to be profoundly disturbing. I feel certain that he would prescribe cyborg limb replacements regardless of what you were complaining about.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Active player (458)
Retarded Horse... what?
Post subject: Re: Illustrative mockup of revolutionary inside-the-box tech
Experienced player (758)
We have a working prototype. Prepare to be amazed: it's HorseBox!
Banned User, Former player
Derakon wrote:
I find the concept of Nach being a doctor to be profoundly disturbing.
"Doctor" is an academic degree, not a synonym for "practicioner of medicine". (There's some overlap in "Doctor of Medicine" ie. MD, though.)
Everyone's assuming by "box" he means "window." Maybe he wants you to put your computer in a box. Or maybe he means for you "to do a TAS on" a box, like instead of a regular desk. Have you guys tried moving your computer on a box? Because you shouldn't judge if you haven't. Heck, maybe he wants to do a TAS while IN a box, like a hungry hungry hobo. Or perhaps the box belongs to Schrödinger, and the TAS inside is neither optimized nor not. I'm just saying, before we assume he means the obvious, let's think outside the box a little.
I will not use self-reference in my signature.
Former player
Hey guys, you have to think outside the box.
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
Uh, no, we actually need to be inside the box. Hourglass is outside the box. That's not what he wants.
Emulator Coder
Derakon wrote:
I find the concept of Nach being a doctor to be profoundly disturbing. I feel certain that he would prescribe cyborg limb replacements regardless of what you were complaining about.
If you think that's disturbing, I can now legally prescribe marriage in 4 different countries.
rog wrote:
Uh, no, we actually need to be inside the box. Hourglass is outside the box. That's not what he wants.
Hoisted by my own petard!
I will not use self-reference in my signature.
nocash4u
She/Her
Wait , Horsebox 0.0.1? Are you kidding meh ? XD This is what i mean guys , duuh I want a program that support all other games without brokin peoples computer ,like a game inside other program , The hourglass starts the game in a way that limits the types of games loaded by it, we could make a program that simply makes a log file with the buttons that were pressed, just like autohotkey
Noxxa
They/Them
retardedhorse wrote:
I want a program that support all other games without brokin peoples computer
And I want a billion dollars. And a cure for cancer.
nocash4u
She/Her
Well , i don't want the impossible , i was just asking because in my mind it's a great idea , but you guys , do not understand
Noxxa
They/Them
retardedhorse wrote:
i was just asking because in my mind it's a great idea
Oh, it's a great idea. It's also nearly exactly what Hourglass is trying to achieve. It's just that it's still at least several years away from being able to support everything, let alone anything even close to TF2 or similar modern games.