Skilled player (1885)
Is this the place to post ideas for future features? Here is something I've thought about: Would it be possible to include the option to display the values in the HexEditor in decimal? Personally, I often use the HexEditor when looking for RAM addresses for a game, and I think it would often make things easier to find if you can display values in the more intuitive decimal system. Just an idea.
Former player
The problem with that is it's difficult to implement for different data types. 1 byte in decimal probably wouldn't be very difficult, but 2 and even 4 byte would leave little room per row.
I think.....therefore I am not Barry Burton
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Maybe as a mouseover text?
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
creaothceann wrote:
Maybe as a mouseover text?
Genius! I doubt anyone would want 2-byte numbers in hex editor, so this must be enough.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Former player
Personally, I don't see a mouseover decimal display helpful when the point is to find a values easier, using a mouseover means the value won't be updated on a mouseover. The best option for this situation is to add the range of addresses to a watch list and just set them to decimal.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
natt wrote:
boct1584 wrote:
Would it be possible to add support for Nach's JMA ROM compression to the SNES core? I asked Ilari about doing it for lsnes, but I was wondering if you guys would be able to do it independent of the core.
Doesn't seem to be much information about it out there. Is there a reference implementation anywhere?
Take your pick: older versions of bsnes SNEeSe Snes9x UOSNES ZSNES I think some of the Japanese SNES emulators out there also implemented it, but I'm not familiar with them.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
I couldn't find a backdrop color change menu for SNES. It's a critical feature for sprites and maps comunities as they have to hack savestates.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Emulator Coder
look harder. in the graphics debugger dialog. after r3505
Post subject: BizHawk 1.2.0 Released
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
BizHawk 1.2.0 Released, including the Atari 2600 core! Full Release notes Windows binary
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Active player (324)
Atari support is awesome. Is there support yet for the wheel controller (supported by Breakout, Kaboom!, and so on) via mouse, and if not, is it planned?
Looking forward to C64 emulation.
Skilled player (1885)
Any plans on adding a lua command for taking a screenshot? I miss this feature a little from FCEUX.
adelikat
He/Him
CtrlAltDestroy wrote:
Atari support is awesome. Is there support yet for the wheel controller (supported by Breakout, Kaboom!, and so on) via mouse, and if not, is it planned?
The paddle was planned, and was actually worked on, but micro hit s snag. It will be done eventually.
Randil wrote:
Any plans on adding a lua command for taking a screenshot? I miss this feature a little from FCEUX.
This is an oversight on my part I think. I'll add it to the TODO list!
Player (21)
CtrlAltDestroy wrote:
One of the coolest TASes ever would be someone doing a superplay of Warlords with 4 controllers! Who wants to be the ambitious one to take on that task when wheel support is added?
If at first you don't succeed, load your savestate and try again
AzumaK
He/Him
TrenchAce wrote:
One of the coolest TASes ever would be someone doing a superplay of Warlords with 4 controllers!
I just mentioned this in the wishlist thread, I thought of this game immediately when I saw the Atari games showing up. I'd really love to see that! Also, I wanted to thank you guys for this amazing software. I've been watching TASvideos for 5 or 6 years (I've even watched a couple of Adelikat's 'how to TAS' videos') and I finally took the first step in creating one. I had a ton of fun experimenting with making my first TAS crash test movies today with Megamania (A2600)... Awesome!
Currently obsessed with: Mega Man 2 hacks, SFA3, Super Metroid Zero Mission, MM8BDM (Skulltag MegaMan mod, it's amazing!)
Active player (405)
feos wrote:
Hell yes!
cak
Totally awesome job on the 2600 emulation. Hopefully the Pitfall II mapper can be supported soon.
speedrunner of SMB2, Metroid, Pitfall II, Blinky Goes Up
Former player
Heisanevilgenius wrote:
feos wrote:
Hell yes!
"Hey Taxi!!!"
Commodore 64 support would be excellent I'll just leave this here...
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Expert player (2580)
AzumaK wrote:
I had a ton of fun experimenting with making my first TAS crash test movies today with Megamania (A2600)... Awesome!
I was about to complain (sorry but one of our duties as true TASers is complain...), when I saw your post about your tests, so I'm clueless; I don't know what's wrong here, some of my favourite Atari games have strange graphic glitches; the ice platforms on Frostbite are stretching and Megamania have duplicated enemies :(
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
adelikat
He/Him
cak wrote:
Totally awesome job on the 2600 emulation. Hopefully the Pitfall II mapper can be supported soon.
Is it by chance the E7 mapper? Or does it use something I'm not aware of?
Expert player (2580)
I didn't solve it yet, but seems to be the same problem on both games, platforms and enemies are not duplicating or stretching, they're changing position for one frame; the ice platforms to the right and the enemies to the left. I have no plans on doing any Atari runs, but I'd love to be prepared to watch them when someone do. I hope the encoders are not upset with what I said about preferring to watch movies on the emulator; I do not have internet connection at home, so the only way for me to watch movies is download the file for the emulator in my work and taking it home to watch later. So, if someone can confirm for me that these games are running without no errors in the graphics I would be very grateful.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
adelikat
He/Him
Those games are indeed broken, and micro500 has already fixed them, they will be available in the next release!
Emulator Coder, Player (68)
adelikat wrote:
Those games are indeed broken, and micro500 has already fixed them, they will be available in the next release!
I did some work on the Atari core last night that fixed Enduro, Pleiades, and Activision Boxing (and probably others), but Frostbite and Megamania are unfortunately still broken. I'm going to look into them more this weekend.
cak
adelikat wrote:
cak wrote:
Is it by chance the E7 mapper? Or does it use something I'm not aware of?
DPC, I think.
speedrunner of SMB2, Metroid, Pitfall II, Blinky Goes Up