Former player
BOOOOOOOOOOO, I WANNA SEE IT DONE! For long jump, get the bonus for each person with the triple digits(I think thats how you get them) Try and rack up as many points for each character you can. And remember to have the MAX speed show up RIGHT before you step.
Change my sig. again, and I will murder your pet fish.
Active player (410)
So, what you want is: Player 1 and 2 do 14m66 jump One player doing the bug. Player 1 and 2 obtaining the bonus. And it remains an extra jump for? Is that what you want guys?
Former player
Well, every jump counts for score right? So get the highest score possible by the end of the 2nd event! (With Both Players of course)
Active player (410)
GuanoBowl wrote:
Well, every jump counts for score right?
Not as far as I know. Only the skeet shooting event that all tries give you points. I think it's because you can obtain bonuses in every tries .
Former player
Im pretty sure in Long Jump and Triple Jump, you wanna get as far as you can with every jump (except for the triple digit jump) and the score will be high as hell. I could be wrong
Former player
Well, Phil. Looks like this isnt being done and I would like to do help/finish it. 2 Player T&F is needed for a boost in highest score possible.
Active player (410)
Stealing my work!!? I asked a question which too few people had answered..... Anyway, 1 player run would be better. The game won't be too long to do. Be patient, when I will be ready to work on it, I will finish it.
Post subject: Track & Field
Hey everyone ! I just wanted to show you my first TAS, which is a Track & Field speedrun done in 8:32.14 and 22 rerecord. I used FCEUX to did it, and it took me about 1 hours to finish it. I'm sorry if it's the wrong section, and for my bad English... (I've actually got a pretty sh*tty Internet connection, so I can't upload it on Youtube now. So here's the record file) http://www.sendspace.com/file/82a1n7 Please, comment my run, tell me if I did something wrong, and help me to improve it :) Have a nice day !
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
Merged above post with existing thread.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Post subject: Track + field wip1: YouTube
Thank you for posting my run on Youtube :) Edit: I've really improved it this time ! First time: 8:32.14 Second: 8:32.22 (+ 0:00.08) Now: 8:31.27 (- 0:00.47) Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sqgps
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
Try to see if you can find out what went wrong/what caused the new run to be slower, then see if you can improve upon whatever went wrong. It can only help you improve!
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
I know what made it slower ... It's just because I jumped/threw my javelin farther, so it took more time to land ... But I've improved it (and editing my post, while you were posting your)
XkyRauh
He/Him
In most of the events, you blasted the World Record pretty well, but Archery seemed pretty lackluster. You got 600 points for a bullseye on your very first shot, but then no other shot was higher than 400. What gives?
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
XkyRauh wrote:
You got 600 points for a bullseye on your very first shot, but then no other shot was higher than 400. What gives?
It's says in his submission text he wanted to get exactly 5800 for all tries
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
He hasn't submitted the run, so I'm curious where you got that information from.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
NitroGenesis wrote:
He hasn't submitted the run, so I'm curious where you got that information from.
Oops I thought he was talking about Phil's sorry Edit: Didn't notice there was another encode above his post.
I've improved it, and beat my precedent game record. I will post it on Youtube now ! Link to video Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3den65
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
nicolasd71 wrote:
I've improved it, and beat my precedent game record. I will post it on Youtube now ! Video Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3den65
Going to mention something. Phil did his as 2 player right now yours is 1 player only, are you going to fix that and make it 2 player?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
As i can see this topic is dead for like 2 years now, but i want to say that i've been working on a TAS for this game with one player (mode A) that aims for the fastest completion possible and i have saved a lot of time so far. So, i would like to hear some opinions, if anyone is interested in a new run. (also i think i've found a new sound glitch which i find hilarious)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
[34] NES Track & Field by Arc in 08:28.05 was updated to [970] NES Track & Field "max score, playaround" by Phil in 12:55.43 Oh, and it was done on the harder difficulty too (GAME B) (The old one (34) was GAME A) If you want to update it you basically got to beat all the records set either get the same score or better. But note: Player 2 was for speed/entertainment tradeoffs being the clumsy one. So you're in for a ride if you're doing it in GAME A when the harder was done.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff wrote:
If you want to update it you basically got to beat all the records set either get the same score or better.
You mean to beat/tie the record in each event or the high score? (the score that shows at the top left corner)
Spikestuff wrote:
So you're in for a ride if you're doing it in GAME A when the harder was done.
So, am i good to go? In what i'm making i'm aiming for speed and only speed. Meaning that in some events if it's faster to fault in one attempt, then i fault. And just get the score required only in one of the three attempts. EDIT: Here's what i made. Link to video[/video]
Experienced player (699)
Interesting, but unlikely to replace the current tas. I mean, its more interesting to see the best of each event. The fastest is only interesting for 100m dash and 110m hurdles. However, I enjoyed the optimization using extra pauses in between events, etc. Honestly though, pausing rapidly in 100m and hurdles hurts your goal i think. Also, it is lame for all t&f tases...pausing to gain in-game time is a bit silly. Is the timer being abused or is it actually faster? Even if it is faster in-game, if the game timer didnt stop every time it is paused, it would be slower, so it is sort of weird in that aspect. So technically, pausing when using ingame time is abusing the timer. Though clever, it defeats the purpose. I would be fine with it if the game timer kept running the whole time. Its just strange to allow pausingif it stops the timer, and that timer is your goal.
Super Mario Bros. console speedrunner - Andrew Gardikis
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
It is interesting to find out that Game B starts you at Skill Level 4. Skill Level increases after High Jump. Something useful for a marathon TAS.