Submission Text Full Submission Page

NES Street Dance & Hit Mouse "Street Dance, all tracks" in 57:26.31 by Noxxa

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.2
  • Plays all tracks
  • Aims for score, high score, or scoring percentage

About the game

2-in-1 Street Dance + Hit Mouse is an unlicensed NES game with an unknown release date, though it is speculated to have been released after 2008. Besides the latter half of the game settling once and for all the dispute on legitimacy of left+right or up+down input (seriously, just watch this run), it also features an assortment of 12 music tracks, which was enough to get the YouTube encode of this movie blocked in a few countries, including Japan and the United States.
The ROM is surprisingly only 2 megabytes in size. The tracks are stored as 4-bit ADPCM audio and are heavily segmented (which is more obvious with some tracks than others). Enjoy the sound quality!
And yes, that is a dancing Jar Jar Binks you're seeing there.

Tracks

• Boom Boom Dollar (King Kong & D Jungle Girls)
  • Boys (SMiLE.dk)
  • Bad Wei (5, 6, 7, 8 by Steps)
  • Rap House (Kick Da Vibe by Rat House)
  • Dub I Dub (ME&MY)
  • Spaish Dance (El Baile del Pescao by Aldo Ranks)
  • Hero (Miss Papaya)
  • Butter Fly (SMiLE.dk)
  • Barbie Girl (Aqua)
  • The Rhythm of the Night (Corona)
  • Get Ready for This (2 Unlimited)
  • Two Times (Ann Lee)
Every track is repeated twice.

Scoring

I'll just leave this here
[02:19:12] <FluffyTheMoth> any misses are intentional
[02:19:21] <FluffyTheMoth> plentiful too, but mostly intentional
[02:22:24] <FluffyTheMoth> the reason is because the scoring system is buggy as hell
[02:22:35] <FluffyTheMoth> even if you hit everything, you won't get a perfect score
[02:22:44] <FluffyTheMoth> even if you get a perfect score, it displays as 0%
[02:23:06] <FluffyTheMoth> you can even hit enough targets that the score overflows past 25500
[02:23:24] <FluffyTheMoth> so some tracks I aim for 99% score, some for 25500 score, some just hit everything

Other comments

No comments. Just watch.
Bonus trivia: This run was entirely bot-generated, from beginning to end. You wouldn't think I'd do all of this by hand, would you?

Scepheo: Judging...
Scepheo: While the run itself is solid, I cannot bring myself to accept a run including Jar Jar Binks. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Techokami
He/Him
Video blocked in the United States! Land of the free my ass
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Definitely sets the 90's Dance Vibe. Surprised it doesn't have What is Love though. Yes vote for sure.
DwainiumB
He/Him
Player (57)
Techokami wrote:
Proxy m7
Perception is the greatest deception. nitrogenesis: 04:43:04: but TAS is life nitrogenesis: 04:43:23: TAS everyday MKWii TAS Discord: https://discord.gg/z5bu44H MKWii TAS Records: https://goo.gl/ZrGKgt Currently Trying to TAS: On Hold: The Incredibles (GC) The Incredibles: Rise Of The Underminer (GC) Future: (GC) Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness (Wii) The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of The Unicorn Mario Kart Wii 32 Track GP
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
I'm legitimately blown away by the music they pulled off on a NES. Suck it, Sunsoft.
PCachu
He/Him
Cooljay wrote:
Surprised it doesn't have What is Love though.
Obviously, they couldn't work out how to represent the head bob on a step pad. I especially like the way the rhythm required to hit the arrows drifts onto and away from the actual audio rhythm, plus the way the arrow patterns bear no correlation with what the audio is doing. Truly, this is the honey badger of rhythm games.
As much of a joke submission as this was, I am genuinely entertained. I can NOT believe they crammed so much music onto a cart, let alone it sounding as good as it does. The desire to find this bootleg cart is now legit, just for the pure lolz. Sincere Yes vote [Local time, 23:08, March 31st, 2015] Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Patashu
He/Him
Is there an .nsf of this game? I searched on zophar.net and did not find one.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor, Player (53)
Cooljay wrote:
Definitely sets the 90's Dance Vibe. Surprised it doesn't have What is Love though. Yes vote for sure.
I think songs are closer to (actually over) year 2K though. Voting meh, liked half the list of songs (because I already had them :P) but watching the run was too repetitive to saying I liked it (though there's nothing really what you could had done to make it more entertaining I guess...) Edit: Odd, I though they were from around 2000-2001, but they are from the 90's (at least the ones I have and could check...)
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
AntyMew
It/Its
Encoder, Player (35)
The music is apparently high enough quality to trigger YT's audio detection, getting it blocked in my country Now I'm really curious
Just a Mew! 〜 It/She ΘΔ 〜
Skilled player (1706)
Not blocked in HK. My thoughts is that it's rather....trivial for a TAS. DDR games make Myst look difficult to TAS lol.
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
7.8/10 not enough Tranz Muzak. ... Nah, seriously. I'd rather have this in ADPCM. I voted Meh just to be clear.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
The amount of work I did just to see Jar Jar dance. 100% worth it.
DiscoRico wrote:
The amount of work I did just to see Jar Jar dance. 100% worth it.
i was about to say it DAMN YOU JAR JAR
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
Screw WMG. Why can't I see it? Stupid Content ID.
Former player
What a fabulous TAS, a broken NES game with super-cheesy dance music! This type of music is my kryptonite, so I have to vote yes.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
Yar! I suggest this screenshot featuring Mothrayas' cousin:
Techokami wrote:
I don't know why, but I found this post hilarious.
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
d-feather
He/Him
Techokami wrote:
Because of that, no vote. EDIT: Also, this is motivating me to jokingly TAS Dance Dance Revolution GB, and I don't like it.
:shrug: I'm more active on Twitter nowadays: @HunterCoates5
Here's a temporary AVI recording. Link to video
I like Doraemon
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I second Zeupar's screenshot. It was nice of them to invite Jar Jar to the party. I only recognized two songs, but got introduced to ten more! Really interesting how they fit all this on an NES cartridge.
Lorenzo_The_Comic wrote:
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Familiar with 8/12 songs, 5 from being a DDR fanboy in the early 2000s and the other 3 from the radio.
Previous Name: boct1584
Post subject: I can't even
This NES game has audio quality high enough to be flagged by YouTube. Some of the levels feature Uncle Sam superimposed on the American flag, wearing an eyepatch. The temporary encode is exactly 57:30 long. Why does the results screen say SMOKER at the top? Please tell me this works with the power pad.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!