Post subject: RSS feed is being wonky
I don't know what other section would be more appropriate, so into "General" it goes... For a week or two now, the new movies RSS feed has been acting very strangely, giving links to obsoleted versions of movies. And it's not even like the movie was recently updated, and the RSS link is pointing to an obsolete version. I'll get like a link to a 16-star speedrun of Super Mario 64, when the most recent run (0 stars, of course) is from 2008! What in the world is going on? Can you guys fix it?
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Older movies are being updated.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Nach wrote:
Out of curiosity, in what way are they being updated? But why can't you do something so that these updates don't masquerade as new movies? You could change the date/time of the entry in the RSS feed to match that of the original submission, or just put a "date originally published" line in the entry at the top, so that it's clear?
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Clefaria wrote:
Nach wrote:
Out of curiosity, in what way are they being updated?
http://tasvideos.org/MovieMaintenanceLog.html?begin=19851
Clefaria wrote:
But why can't you do something so that these updates don't masquerade as new movies? You could change the date/time of the entry in the RSS feed to match that of the original submission, or just put a "date originally published" line in the entry at the top, so that it's clear?
Actually, I'm in middle of rewriting the RSS code. When it's done we'll have the issue solved, among other things.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Nach wrote:
Clefaria wrote:
Nach wrote:
Out of curiosity, in what way are they being updated?
http://tasvideos.org/MovieMaintenanceLog.html?begin=19851
Clefaria wrote:
But why can't you do something so that these updates don't masquerade as new movies? You could change the date/time of the entry in the RSS feed to match that of the original submission, or just put a "date originally published" line in the entry at the top, so that it's clear?
Actually, I'm in middle of rewriting the RSS code. When it's done we'll have the issue solved, among other things.
lol, I thought you were a different person. No, instead you have some ability to show a different avatar every time the page is loaded. @.@ Okay. How will you announce completion of this work, if at all? Maybe its own entry in the feed?
Emulator Coder
Clefaria wrote:
lol, I thought you were a different person. No, instead you changed your avatar in the last five minutes. :P
Nope.
Clefaria wrote:
Okay. How will you announce completion of this work, if at all? Maybe its own entry in the feed?
No. Via the news feed.
Post subject: Re: RSS feed is being wonky
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
Clefaria wrote:
For a week or two now, the new movies RSS feed has been acting very strangely, giving links to obsoleted versions of movies. What in the world is going on? Can you guys fix it?
Making torrents for those movies that lack them. Due to the fact that first pass through all movies has finished, the rate of entries from updating movies will drop a lot (from tens of movies per day to update or few now and then).
Emulator Coder
See the Wiki: News.