Submission Text Full Submission Page
F-Zero X is a highspeed racegame for the N64 with vehicles up to 1500 km/h.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: mupen64-rerecording-v2-reset
  • Video: Direct64 v0.5.03.25
  • Sound: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 1
  • Input: TAS Input Plugin 0.6
  • RSP: Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin
Note: the textures for the Boostfield and the Energyfields weren't rendered.

Comments

This movie shows the first track of F-Zero X in Expert-Mode with C. Falcon.
I did this TAS, because we have one for F-Zero (SNES) here, and it shows the first track, too.
Lap 1: 00'37"776
Lap 2: 00'27"100
Lap 3: 00'27"172
All laps: 01'32"048
Maxspeed: 1184
Length: 1 minutes and 52 seconds
Frames: 5612 (5550 input)
Re-records: 425
Start from: Start

mmbossman: Judging Rejecting due to poor goal choice, wrong ROM, and poor optimization levels.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2896: TASeditor's N64 F-Zero X "first track" in 01:52.24
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
When's the last time we've seen a First Track run get published? ... 2004? Oh, okay.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
First track only TASes are ancient and not preferred nowadays. The F-Zero (SNES) TAS you mentioned is from 2004. Voting no for not showing off all of the main game.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
please watch it on an mupen64, something hasn't work well with avi recording.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Mothrayas wrote:
Voting no for not showing off all of the main game.
I do main game TAS after I had finished my double dragon project.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
Also, this run doesn't seem to be optimal. This TAS by Lord Tom seems to be faster, and at MrFixitOnline the world record for Mute City 1 seems to be 1'06"006, significantly faster than your times.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
I can't get it to synch, even with the settings you gave in your submission text. Any particular thing I am missing ? Anyway, as stated in the rules, you should have used the (U) version, not the european one.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
I know this is done with the PAL version. I would like to see a run done with the reset recording version of the emulator with the NTSC version of the game on Master level.
Post subject: Re: #2896: TASeditor's N64 F-Zero X "first track" in 01:52.
TASVideoAgent wrote:
F-Zero X is a highspeed racegame for the N64 with vehicles up to 1500 km/h.
Voting no because:
  1. Does not beat the complete game (I might vote yes for a complete cup, at least, but not one track)
  2. Uses the E version instead of the U version
  3. Does not know that F-Zero X can go up to 3000 km/h (NTSC) or 2500 km/h (PAL)
Player (116)
Voting no, Captain Falcon is hardly the fastest character in the game. There are far faster, and better choices.
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
Voting no for the reasons mentioned above
Player (70)
Another NO from me I'm afraid. Not optimal, uses a European ROM without a reason for it, does not complete the entire game. Not really a concept movie either right? I hope that you will come back and slap all our faces with a new production with the right premises though. Good luck!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
Banned User, Former player
Highness wrote:
uses a European ROM without a reason for it
By the way, I forget now why the U version is preferred over the E version of games, unless there's a good reason to use the E version. The rules don't seem to state what the rationale is.
Experienced player (822)
Warp wrote:
Highness wrote:
uses a European ROM without a reason for it
By the way, I forget now why the U version is preferred over the E version of games, unless there's a good reason to use the E version. The rules don't seem to state what the rationale is.
Primarily it is one of consistency. Previously, the rules were "whichever ROM is better" (or something equally nebulous), which led to a lot of arguing, etc. (in case you don't remember, reference the JXQ et al. vs. Phil RE: Bionic Commando). In general, it's easier to have a preferred region choice for a ROM, and have the author present reasons why a (J) or (E) should be accepted over the (U) version. The (U) version was chose to be the default in that most of the community reads English as a primary language (ruling out J), and NTSC is preferred over PAL (ruling out E).
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
In the specific case of F-Zero X, the game runs much more slowly with the E ROM than with the U rom -- apparently no adjustment was made to account for the longer frames in PAL compared to NTSC.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.