Submission Text Full Submission Page
Emulator used:PSXjin2.0.1 This is my TAS of crash bandicoot 100% complete (that means take all the gems and the 2 keys)and the secret ending. Enjoy!
Some glitch used
-Hit a TNT box with a spin and escape quickly to avoid the explosion
-Spin on some object that hurt you and don't get damage
-Go to the yellow gem special area in the third level without the yellow gem by jumping in the corners of the goal
In this movie sometimes i take hit and death for skip the box counts in the end of the levels where I can't get immediately the gem.
(Sorry for my bad english)

Mukki: Judging...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3041: turbofa's PSX Crash Bandicoot "100%" in 1:17:19.73
Skilled player (1470)
I will vote this after watching.I like crash 1-4 in PS. Good effort to have a try for 100% version.
Do the work.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Sorry, but I can't believe in an optimized HOUR of a TAS movie only with 5 thousand rerecords. Vote MEH.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Former player
I just finished watching it. To be honest, this felt more like watching a test run rather than a finished product. There were various places where you did things that seemed less than optimal, with a worthwhile mention of (in native fortress) jumping up past the log that you have to hit with a spin, but not actually spinning and needing to jump back down to redo it. This gets a 'meh' vote from me.
Skilled player (1470)
I agree with Atma. It is just like a test run.
Do the work.
Editor
Can I get an encode?
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
GabCM
He/Him
hegyak wrote:
Can I get an encode?
SD Stream SD Download (Sorry for MegaUpload)
Active player (441)
First of all, I want to welcome you to TASvideos. I'm sure you will be a great contributor to the site in time. As for the run, I agree with the other posters above me: this run looks like a practice run. The route looks solid, but this run does not show the high level of precision typical of the runs we publish on this site. It's very noticeable during levels where you use a checkpoint death to skip the end bonus screen; you often go out of your way to break boxes beforehand, as if you're trying to shorten the results screen, yet also deathskipping it later on. Additional entertainment is also critical in a run of this nature. If you have to wait for a platform or a scripted event (or ESPECIALLY during the extremely repetitive boss fights), why not dick around a bit and keep us entertained? The entire point of this site is to create runs that are entertaining to watch; superhuman play is only one part of the equation. That's not to say the whole run was bad. Many of the 2D sections were downright impressive with shortcuts that came out of nowhere. The gem skip at The Great Gate was also great too (I remember trying forever to get around that level-end gate as a kid, and I could never pull it off...grumble grumble...) I also seem to remember that beating Cortex might have been slightly faster than going through The Great Hall. I mean either way you finish the game with 100%, I don't think you're required to activate the secret ending. My favourite levels in the run were Sunset Vista and Heavy Machinery, hands down, but I guess it's one of those things where you can only fully appreciate how hard a level is if you've played it yourself. Despite the critique, this is not an insult directed again you, turbofa. I used to make some really sloppy runs when I was a newbie here, and it's part of the learning experience. I encourage you to go ahead and try to make a faster version of this run. I know you can get a run in this category published; the game deserves it. But alas, it deserves better than this. I'm giving this run a meh vote, borderline no, because despite the imprecision it was still entertaining to watch and a great nostalgia trip.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Former player
Thanks for all the comment and the critic! I have alredy tried to do a better run, I will upload it in the forums.
i'll go with everybody and give a meh vote too, there where a lot of realy good moments but this is still far from perfect... also i was suprised that the % counter jumped to 100% like that and that in the "save screen" i saw a 2/32 in green maybe the bonus rounds count as % and if yes what does qualify a real 100% of the run ? anyway, i realy liked the run and i'd be happy to watch an improved version.
Former player
Nicos wrote:
i'll go with everybody and give a meh vote too, there where a lot of realy good moments but this is still far from perfect... also i was suprised that the % counter jumped to 100% like that and that in the "save screen" i saw a 2/32 in green maybe the bonus rounds count as % and if yes what does qualify a real 100% of the run ? anyway, i realy liked the run and i'd be happy to watch an improved version.
I think the game considered complete only the levels where you get the bonus. It says 2 because I have taken those of the cortex for the key. When you get all the gems, the game automatically thinks that you have completed all the levels and the game. If you watch carefully after that I got all the gems the way to cortex is unlocked, although I haven't completed "the great hall"
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
turbofa wrote:
Thanks for all the comment and the critic! I have alredy tried to do a better run, I will upload it in the forums.
If you are working on an improvement, perhaps you should cancel this run (submission page -> Edit -> "decision: cancelled" at the bottom -> Save).
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!