Submission Text Full Submission Page
Skate or Die - Bad 'N Rad is a jump'n run for the Game Boy. You play as a guy who drives and jumps through seven Levels and fights bad guys.
Emulator used: VBA-RR v23.4a
Lenght: 0:16:08
Frames: 58079
Re-record Count: 2414
I took hits to save time.
Making this run wasn't very hard. I made this in half a day.

DarkKobold: The previous run, which was rejected due to lack of interest, was 1 minute faster than this. Rejecting for being suboptimal.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3042: TASeditor's GB Skate or Die - Bad 'N Rad in 16:07.97
Senior Moderator
Apparently this run is more bad than rad. JXQ made a version that is a full minute faster than yours several years ago. It was rejected for the game being too boring. You should have made your research prior to submitting this.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Skilled player (1470)
No vote for what moozooh said. I just want to watch it,and now it is not necessary.
Do the work.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
The majority of the time difference here is on the final boss - you could probably gain 40 seconds or so on him. However, there are a other places that have mistakes that should be caught during a TAS - for example, you take damage in level 6 when trying to hit an enemy, and some boss hits don't happen as early as they could. It also seems like jumping in the overhead levels slows everything down a bit - I didn't notice that before (and haven't confirmed it, just looks slower). I wonder if the earlier bouncing balls in the first level's boss chamber can be reflected forward and used against the boss or not. I don't remember trying that. If you're interested in TASing another Skate or Die game, I bet the NES version has some improvements hiding in it :)
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!