Post subject: Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth
Player (200)
Here's a quick-and-dirty WIP up to the beginning of stage 2: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/156451616/Wurm%20Test%20Run%201.fm2 Wurm is one of those love-it-or-hate-it kind of games that some people really adore and other people want to banish from the face of the earth. It's also one of those games, like Bayou Billy or Battletoads, that has a variety of different styles of play. There are side-scrolling shooting levels, autoscrolling top-down shooting levels, first-person battles that combine RPG and FPS elements, and side-scrolling Metroid-style exploration. The first-person boss battles are a unique feature of this game. At the beginning of each battle, you have the opportunity to talk to members of your crew. By listening to their advice and talking to everyone in a particular order, you can raise your "possibility" factor. After a few rounds of conversation, the battle begins, and you can attack the enemy to further raise your "possibility." Once it reaches 100%, you can strike the fatal blow. IMO, the only really dull parts of this game (as far as watching goes) are the two autoscrolling stages and a few instances in which I have a couple of turns to burn before resuming a boss battle from the talking phase. I suspect that the test run will clock in at under 20:00 and gradually go down from there. So, is anyone interested in seeing a run of this game?
Rayas wrote:
Dunno if I'm really clear. I need to drink more.
<br>
adelikat wrote:
The idea was to kill off my family to avoid lost time to them getting sick and other inconvenient things.