About

• Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulate luck
  • Abusing Glitch
  • Take damage to save time

Comments:

This is the version I redid,Yunshui would cancel his run after a while.

Glitch:

There is a glitch that pressing A and B together can jump higher when going out of the up pipes. This improved about 30 frames in mission 2

Improvement:

Stage 1

Avoid lags for 80 more frames.Manipulate luck to control the DEVIL walking straight to the left,and it can eat food fast.

Stage 2

heavy luck manipulation so that it comes from the 1st pipe for 2 times.Reducing lags. Using glitch and manage the damage.

Stage 3

Faster boss battle,manipulate boss's movement,and change some path.

Stage 4

Faster boss battle.lag reducing.

Stage 5

Change the tactics in the truck zone,so I can jump from the right,and need not wait for walking.

For Yunshui

This is the improvement for all things I suggested. I want to edit your movie,but it is hard to sync and many lags look serious. So I redid a movie. I hope you can learn some experience from this improvement. And looking forward to your new submission.

GabCM: Added YouTube module and SD Stream link.

Nach: A bit slow paced, but nevertheless, a solid run. Accepting as first run for this game.

GabCM: Publishing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3148: X2poet's GB Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break in 15:23.20
Player (44)
Yes,my previous movie is canceled
Rongorongo
There already is an NES TAS of Tiny Toons Adventures. Is this the same game or something different? Never mind, looks like it is different. Waiting for encode.
Skilled player (1470)
I'm not at home,I cannot encode by myself with the bad mechine. Suggested Screenshot: Frame 14177
Do the work.
GabCM
He/Him
Still no encode? I'm going to resolve this. SD Stream (RadioKJ) SD Download (13.4 MB) - Alternate link HD Stream (YouTube)
Editor, Player (68)
So many memories... wow. Did Japanese kids really watch this show?
true on twitch - lsnes windows builds 20230425 - the date this site is buried
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Just makes me want to update my old SNES Buster Busts Loose run. This run looks rather solid, but the game is seriously slow paced and not very interesting to watch. Plus, it's BABS' big break, why is Buster doing all the work? pffff I was expecting her to be the main player and thought it was a nice change to the formula.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
It's a bit slow-paced, but ok. The manipulation looked good. So, here's a medium-sized yes vote.
Slow-paced, but looks well executed. One question though: at around 4.55 till 5.05 you wait next to some flames from a few pixels distance but at 5.10 you wait right next to it. Is that possible to do at the earlier flames? If so, it will save a few frames :)
Skilled player (1470)
Spinal wrote:
Slow-paced, but looks well executed. One question though: at around 4.55 till 5.05 you wait next to some flames from a few pixels distance but at 5.10 you wait right next to it. Is that possible to do at the earlier flames? If so, it will save a few frames :)
That's an automatic manipulation.And all of the NPC did. I cannot do anything at that time.
Do the work.
Execution seems fine, have owned the game as a child and still found it barely watchable, but I can imagine this being somewhat entertaining to people who aren't familiar with the game. Voting meh.
Stage 2 heavy luck manipulation so that it comes from the 1st pipe for 2 times.Reducing lags. Using glitch and manage the damage.
I don't think that counts as heavy luck manipulation at all. Should be a 1 in 9 chance.
Skilled player (1470)
Kuwaga wrote:
Stage 2 heavy luck manipulation so that it comes from the 1st pipe for 2 times.Reducing lags. Using glitch and manage the damage.
I don't think that counts as heavy luck manipulation at all. Should be a 1 in 9 chance.
So,what is heavy?I only said for that situation.And it's due to Yunshui's miss in Stage 2. Darkwing Duck on NES,it's only 1 in 7 chance for one random item dropping manipulation.
Do the work.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
X2poet wrote:
Kuwaga wrote:
So,what is heavy?I only said for that situation.And it's due to Yunshui's miss in Stage 2. Darkwing Duck on NES,it's only 1 in 7 chance for one random item dropping manipulation.
Such decisions about chances aren't so accurate; if we have 7 items to drop, and it depends on some weird RNG, the chances are far not 1 of 7.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Skilled player (1470)
So,it's the same in this situation.The chance it get into the third pipe is the biggest. Edit:Feos,I'm working on a run for your avatar ;).
Do the work.
There has been some discussion as to when exactly luck manipulation should be considered heavy, but it's certainly not heavy if you could easily get the same amount of luck during a nomal speedrun.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
feos wrote:
X2poet wrote:
Kuwaga wrote:
Such decisions about chances aren't so accurate; if we have 7 items to drop, and it depends on some weird RNG, the chances are far not 1 of 7.
The odds of getting a large canister in Darkwing Duck is about 2%. More importantly this event is repeated very many times throughout the TAS. The odds of achieving that luck in a real speedrun is one is a billion or so. THAT is heavy luck manipulation.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1470)
The comments"Improvement",only compared with Yunshui's run.
Do the work.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thanks for the encode, Mister Epic! The run seems fairly simple at first. It was more fun as it got harder a few stages in. It could have been a more fun game if it was styled more like Wai Wai World, where you could play more often with the characters you rescue. Oh well. Still, if you managed to make 30 seconds of improvements, that means the game is more technically difficult than it seems, and that's impressive. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
Why was the Japanese version used?
All the best, Brandon Evans
You start out with only 2 hearts in the US version, which gives less room for taking damage to save time.
Skilled player (1470)
http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11177 This is Yunshui's run,he used Japanese Version.So I used the same version to compare with his run. And I also think Japanese version is more suitable for doing TAS.
Do the work.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1804] GB Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break by X2poet in 15:23.20
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
4K 60 FPS YouTube encode: Link to video
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
LGTM
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.