(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
The shadow of the Baby Moses grants his blessings to TASVideos!

Game Objectives

• Emulator used: Gens 11b
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Genre: Action

Improvements

Faster shortcut at the river: 68 frames
Better jump after getting the horn: 2 frames
Last boss: 5 frames
Total improvement: 75 frames

Aqfaq's Comments

I want to keep maTO as a co-author. I hope it is OK. More detailed explanations are available here: #2428: maTO's Genesis Shadow of the Beast 2 in 06:33.33

Anoobis' Comments

I HAVE COME HERE TO CHEW POMEGRANATES AND OBSOLETE TAS MOVIES... AND I'M ALL OUT OF POMEGRANATES!

feos: I have come to add YouTube module!
FractalFusion: Judging.
FractalFusion: Too bad the original movie didn't even reach the ending with the guy holding Baby Moses. In any case, Aqfaq mentioned that the run may be actively worked on for an improvement. So I will set the run to cancelled.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3206: Aqfaq & maTO's Genesis Shadow of the Beast II in 06:32.08
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I'm encoding THIS.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Hooray for Aqfaq submitting a serious movie.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Post subject: shadow of the beast 2: youtube + video file
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
lol wtf is this shit should've never been published
Lex
LOL. This is hilarious. That guy is the most epic video game character I've EVER SEEN. Better not fuck with him or he'll run at you at full speed. He'll obliterate your door. Spears are too weak to even tickle. He's immune to spikes. Fuck drowning. He just teleports instead. He doesn't relent. He doesn't tire. He's like a Nazi eskimo. "Nazi eskimo fires his own spawn in an attempt to dislodge the penguins from Nazi Eskimo's igloo home!" "All nazi eskimos are stone faced badasses that do not feel fear, pain, or compassion."
I'd pay to see this guy with a gun and in any Contra game... anyway, nice improvment, voting yes.
anoobis, you're freaking me out, i just downloaded a list of old tas to rewatch them and already 2 tas of this list are just resubmited ! anyway yes vote for improving an old movie and if you continue to improve old tases, i totaly become one of your folowers !
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Not a big change from the currently published run, but a nice improvement indeed! However, there is one issue. You don't get the same ending as the currently published run. In fact, I think you die before the boss does, so you get the Game Over screen instead of the proper ending. That should be fixed before I can vote Yes on this.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
mklip2001 wrote:
You don't get the same ending as the currently published run. In fact, I think you die before the boss does, so you get the Game Over screen instead of the proper ending. That should be fixed before I can vote Yes on this.
This is a tremendous issue - the current movie does not actually complete the game. Some testing suggests that even if the player is killed after the boss is, it still results in a game over. I therefore present this run, with maTO's original boss fight replacing the one resulting in a game over (and, thus, is 5 frames slower). Since this movie does complete the game, if the run is being considered for acceptance, this movie should take its place.
Post subject: What a noob...
Editor, Expert player (2459)
LOL, Anoobis thought the game over screen was the ending. Sorry about that. The ending can be fixed, and maybe some more frames can be saved by taking less damage on the enemies before the final boss. Hopefully, there is a secret agent working on improving it as we speak.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
LOL beautiful picture
sgrunt wrote:
mklip2001 wrote:
You don't get the same ending as the currently published run. In fact, I think you die before the boss does, so you get the Game Over screen instead of the proper ending. That should be fixed before I can vote Yes on this.
This is a tremendous issue - the current movie does not actually complete the game. Some testing suggests that even if the player is killed after the boss is, it still results in a game over. I therefore present this run, with maTO's original boss fight replacing the one resulting in a game over (and, thus, is 5 frames slower). Since this movie does complete the game, if the run is being considered for acceptance, this movie should take its place.
thats why the end seemed different ! well played
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
I was gonna be the first Meh vote... but there was already one there >_>
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Player (98)
Suggested screenshot: Caveman attempts to walk on water and fails. Baby Moses would be ashamed. Yes vote, the game is so strange and unpredictable that it maintains entertainment value throughout. Do fix the ending, though, as per Nicos' suggestion.
it was mklip2001's suggestion :/
I vote yes, but I hope this movie gets obsoleted if some day an Amiga TAS of this game arrives. The genesis version makes my eyes bleed. T_T
No.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
Good thing I saw sgrunt's post. But there is another problem. The movie file needs to be fixed further, as the game does not proceed to the credits. It wasn't fixed in the published run.
Skilled player (1637)
This should probably be rejected if the great lord Anoobis does not see fit to correct this movie, and soon.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom