Submission Text Full Submission Page

About

• Hardest difficulty
  • Random menber select
  • Using my favorite characters
  • For entertainment

Attention

This game is hard to sync perfectly,so there are some savestates helping you. [dead link removed]

For you

This is my favorite KOF,and it is the best choice to making a TAS. This is the first time I made fighting game run.So...
Have fun now.

DarkKobold: The branch name is not necessary. Removing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3215: X2poet's Arcade The King of Fighters 2002 in 07:25.75
Oh my. Looking forward to an encode.
Skilled player (1470)
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
I don't know much about the game, but I liked the run, voting yes there should be more fighting game TASes imo
You sure are fond of the female characters, aren't you? I'm not a fighting game expert, but this seemed reasonably decent. There was a small amount of playing around (e.g. running into the side and having the AI get completely confused) and the cast changed often enough that nobody really outwore their welcome. I won't say it's the best fighting game TAS I've ever seen, but it's good enough to publish.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
fruitbane
He/Him
This TAS is lacking something. Aside from occasionally demonstrating some bizarre AI weirdness, the rest of this comes off like a very tame combo video. I think more needs to be done for this to be worth accepting. We need more obvious game mechanics abuse and craziness.
Boring, really really really boring. I know it takes a whole LOT to make a TAS out of anything but how many times we've been through this: *MOST* of the fighting games are only fun when there's really heavy glitching going around. Voting No.
Player (98)
I know nothing about the game, but I enjoyed it. I would vote between a meh and a yes, which gives a bad pun mess.
GabCM
He/Him
Sorry, but an usual combo video is more impressive than your TAS, and it's not even a TAS. No vote.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
This game seems to have buttloads of characters... It's a lively run with style and a certain calculated edge a TAS ought to have. Don't know the game, but I enjoyed watching this run. Yes vote. EDIT: voting after a brief thinking pause. EDIT 2: yes!
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Zavalix wrote:
http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/168/son-i-am-disappoint.jpg Boring, really really really boring. I know it takes a whole LOT to make a TAS out of anything but how many times we've been through this: *MOST* of the fighting games are only fun when there's really heavy glitching going around. Voting No.
you don't like fighting games, do you?
Patryk1023
He/Him
Not better upload that to YouTube, not to that f*cking Japanese sties? YouTube tha bazt! Do a YouTube Account and there upload all encodes, x2poet
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
GabCM
He/Him
Patryk1023 wrote:
Not better upload that to YouTube, not to that f*cking Japanese sties? YouTube tha bazt! Do a YouTube Account and there upload all encodes, x2poet
Dude, he can't access YouTube. btw, this is Chinese. lol
Skilled player (1470)
2002 has less useful glitches than 97. making a 97 TAS is impressive,but only due to who know that game. 2002's female character is the greatest. Combo Video is not a TAS,so it cannot submit in this site. And this is not a combo video,so players have no full power all the time. There are many hidden 2002 TAS I have already seen.But I still think 97 would be better. And for the preferance.I choose this one.
Do the work.
Has any of you guys ever linked to something like this?
I like Doraemon
Skilled player (1470)
Don’t Be Afraid to Try It Anyway.
Do the work.
I did try a movie of Hyper Street Fighter II as WW Ryu, but I never finished it.
I like Doraemon
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
You won my Yes vote on Athena's fight, .. and after seeing Blue Mary humiliating Rugal in the end... voting Strong Yes here \o/ (was that a spoiler?) x_x'
Mister Epic wrote:
Sorry, but an usual combo video is more impressive than your TAS, and it's not even a TAS. No vote.
Sorry, but this usual combo video was very much less impressive than this TAS, it uses unrelated background music, and it doesn't even fight against CPU.
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
ALAKTORN wrote:
you don't like fighting games, do you?
That's kind of my point. I DO like them but look at all the MK submissions. My point here is that all this combos and such looks kinda-kind of "normal" (that can be done by a professional player with lots of time in his hands) while in a TAS I'm expecting heads flying around, people catching on fire for no reason, CPU punching himself or something around that. I mean no disrespect to anyone who knows this game (and loves it) but this run honestly looks kind of boring if you match it up with other "fighting style" TASes already published. Just my opinion though, I can be dead wrong and most of the people like it and I'm just the stone in the shoe.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
This was an entertaining fighting game TAS. Good job! I liked the crazy combos and taunts (yawning, going "nyah nyah"). Yes vote.
Lex
I enjoyed watching this video, but I would have preferred speed over subjective "entertainment". I still think it's more interesting (and entertaining), even for fighting games, to show the fastest way to win in a TAS.
Editor
I heard Random Characters and I thought it would be a single random team. Nope, every round is random team. It's fun to watch.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Skilled player (1470)
Lex wrote:
I enjoyed watching this video, but I would have preferred speed over subjective "entertainment". I still think it's more interesting (and entertaining), even for fighting games, to show the fastest way to win in a TAS.
I don't think so. If aim to fastest way,using the same character,the same skill,all the enemies is killed as same as each others.That is the fast,and need to test which character's attack would be the fastest. As is to say,it would be boring.
hegyak wrote:
I heard Random Characters and I thought it would be a single random team. Nope, every round is random team. It's fun to watch.
There is no difference. If using Random team,I can also manipulate luck to get the characters I want to use.
Do the work.
Lex
X2poet wrote:
Lex wrote:
I don't think so. If aim to fastest way,using the same character,the same skill,all the enemies is killed as same as each others.That is the fast,and need to test which character's attack would be the fastest. As is to say,it would be boring.
It wouldn't be boring to me. The most exciting thing to me is to see the speed their health bar goes down, anyway. When focusing on the health bar, the current run seems sloppy. Here's an example of a fighting game maximizing damage and being entertaining simultaneously.
Skilled player (1470)
I can't access youtube,sorry. It maybe not boring to you,but boring to me,I have no intention to make a run as you say.
Do the work.