Super HeroClear the Game on Hard

Emulator Details - Dolphin r7571

• Dual Core - Disabled
  • XFB (External Frame Buffer) - Enabled | Virtual
  • LLE Audio
  • Wiimote 1: Extension = 'None'

Run Attributes

Comments

This is a run using Bass on Hard Difficulty. I installed the DLC that unlocks Bass as a playable character, and started from a save that has completed the game once already in order to allow access to Hard Mode. For this run, I use Bass. He has several abilities that contributed to the speed of this run.

Bass Ablities

Dash

Obviously, this is definately the best ability for speed. Bass' dash is alot faster that running, and his increased speed is retained during jumps.

Auto-buster

Bass is equipped with an 8-directional automatic buster, and up to 4 shots can be on the screen at once. However, the damage is halved, and he cannot fire while running. He must jump or remain planted.

Treble

Instead of Rush, Bass' companion is Treble. He can fuse with Treble at any time for additional abilites. While fused with Treble:
  • He can fly in any direction (subject to slow acceleration).
  • Shoots a 3-directional tri-buster. Only 1 triple shot on the screen at a time.
  • Suffers no push-back effect from taking damage.

Tricks and Glitches

I use the same tricks that I used in the run with Mega Man. Please refer to #3157: diggidoyo's Wii Mega Man 10 "Mega Man" in 33:42.37 for more information. There are a few tricks that are specific to Bass.

Treble Buster

The damage on Bass' main arm cannon has been halved in order to balance the upgrades. But there are times I need the full power of the buster. In order to achieve this, I switch to the Treble weapon. After calling Treble, every shot is the same as Mega Man's buster. As long as I don't touch Treble, I can use this alternate buster.

Knockback Cancel

As I mentioned, Bass suffers no knock back effect when he takes damage while in Treble Form. to take advantage of this, I simply fuse with Treble slightly before I need to take a hit, cancel out of Treble form, and continue.

Stage Times

Commando Man | 1:14.05

Blade Man | 1:12.41

Chill Man | 1:06.55

Nitro Man | 1:28.88

Strike Man | 1:15.93

Sheep Man | 1:33.78

Pump Man | 1:03.93

Solar Man | 1:17.56

Wily Stage 1 | 2:13.06

Wily Stage 2 | 1:31.26

Wily Stage 3 | 2:04.10

Wily Stage 4 |

Wily Stage 5 |

DarkKobold: Finally! This gets accepted! Sorry for the wait.

natt: LET'S ROCK

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3373: diggidoyo's Wii Mega Man 10 "Bass, Hard Mode" in 28:18.25
Player (208)
This is definitely another well planned and well executed run. I think this is a fine category to feature, and the run is entertaining in a separate manner from the "Megaman" category. Two great runs, congratulations on slaughtering this game. =) (I had watched all the WIP segments on youtube except the last two which I just watched.)
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Coincidentally, I just rewatched the Mega Man version of this run yesterday! I can't get to this run yet, but I look forward to it. Nice work! By the way, why do you take damage in this run? Does it save significantly more time?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
With Mega Man, taking damage results in getting knocked back, which would slow things down. However, as the submission explains, there's a way to avoid the knock back with Bass, which would probably make taking damage be faster than avoiding it.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I wonder why this and the previous Wii Megaman have so low rerecord count.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Experienced player (580)
There is a bug in the rerecord parser. In addition, the way I've been recording, is to figure out the path I want take for a segment, using alot of save states and writing down frame numbers, and then starting from the beginning of the segment to run through with minimal rerecords. If I made a mistake, I would export the recording and try again. I knew this would result in a massively reduced rerecord count, but I found it necessary to avoid desyncs.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Good stuff again, diggidoyo. It's much like the Mega Man run, except faster paced. Yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Alright, I finally watched this run. Diggidoyo, thanks for the YouTube playlist! This run isn't as fun as the Mega Man run, in my opinion, because you don't have as much of an opportunity to show off weapons. However, it moves really well, and the times when you took damage looked quite clean. On the plus side, the boss fights were better-looking in this run, with Nitro Man probably being my favorite fight. I'm voting Yes, and I have a few screenshot suggestions: * That time in Sheep Man's stage where you use Wheel Cutter to stay over a spike pit, waiting for a block to move * During one of the Nitro Man fights, where both of you are dashing and there are ice spikes on the ground * The last Wily fight, showing all of the big energy balls you're jumping over
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
This is really well done. It's very entertaining like the Mega Man run, though in a different way. It has high technical quality too, even though you had to overcome desyncs. Yes vote!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I have to vote YES YES YES YES and YES. By the way, just so it's clear, I'm voting YES.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (372)
Very nice! I love how quick this TAS is with the dash.
Just as great as the Normal Mode. Only much faster. :3 I wonder if there's anything in Proto Mode that makes it stand out.
First a movie gets submitted, and ends up accepted despite breaking rules other runs have been rejected for. And when I vote less than spectacularly on this movie, I become the victim of harassment and threats. Yay, favoritism.
Noxxa
They/Them
Saethori wrote:
I wonder if there's anything in Proto Mode that makes it stand out.
Other than being the fastest run with clear SRAM, not much really.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Mothrayas wrote:
Saethori wrote:
I wonder if there's anything in Proto Mode that makes it stand out.
Other than being the fastest run with clear SRAM, not much really.
It's not really SRAM, it's a file in a Flashchip. (well emulated flashchip in this case, but that would be the same with SRAM) Anywho I can't see where proto man would be faster... maybe a few frames because he can shield damage in sme instances, but nothing significant. On topic: This is a great run! Very fast pased and fun. Yes vote.
Noxxa
They/Them
Slowking wrote:
Anywho I can't see where proto man would be faster... maybe a few frames because he can shield damage in sme instances, but nothing significant.
Proto Man would be a bit slower than Bass, mostly because the slide jump doesn't conserve dash/slide speed like Bass' dash jump does. Otherwise, both characters are close to identical. He's still significantly faster than Mega Man, though, because of the slide.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Finally got to watch the run. Great work, considerably faster and smoother than the Mega Man version. I think I overall like the Mega Man run more because it had more time for fancy weapon usage, though this run had plenty of that as well. Also, the vanilla run took no damage, but, oh well. Great run, yes vote.
Former player
Encode coming?
Heidman wrote:
Encode coming?
You can watch the run in segments in diggidoyo's YouTube playlist.
Mothrayas wrote:
Proto Man would be a bit slower than Bass, mostly because the slide jump doesn't conserve dash/slide speed like Bass' dash jump does. Otherwise, both characters are close to identical. He's still significantly faster than Mega Man, though, because of the slide.
So, it would seem like, all-in-all, that would be rather redundant, adding another category that really wouldn't be able to stand out. ...Now that I think about it, though, I'm beginning to wonder if Mega Man himself actually has anything to stand out on his own, as this run is both faster and on a higher difficulty than the original run. But I suppose that's bound to happen when categories are split by character used.
First a movie gets submitted, and ends up accepted despite breaking rules other runs have been rejected for. And when I vote less than spectacularly on this movie, I become the victim of harassment and threats. Yay, favoritism.
Former player
"Temporary encode can be seen in segments here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL15316BA81C368EAC" I was hoping for a full encode of the run
Heidman wrote:
"Temporary encode can be seen in segments here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL15316BA81C368EAC" I was hoping for a full encode of the run
It is a full encode. It's just in segments.
Former player
Looking for a single file. Now worries. Already watched it so I guess I can wait for it to get published. No worries.
Yes vote, this is so nice to see TAS on Wii.
Just finished watching. Awesome run, way better than Megaman one. Still, I don't think it should obsolete the original.
Come squeeze and suck the day, come carpe diem baby
Eltinho, I'm pretty sure it'll be published as a separate branch, like the Rockman/Forte runs of Megaman & Bass. Yes vote, by the way. How it is that Bass can one-cycle Wily Capsule while Megaman falls short?