1 2
11 12
Post subject: crash bandicoot XS
this side-scrolling game for game boy advance can be beat fastly.
I am a Mega Man fan that hates Megaman X8.
I don't remember seing a GBA emu whit re-recording though. Don't think I've even seen recording. But I think it's a good idea.
Bein' away for like five years, and not a single new post in the ZSNES forum... :'-(
Former player
VBA can record movies.
Can it re-record aswell? And then, can it make AVI? (I know I can look this up by myself but I don't have time or energy)
Bein' away for like five years, and not a single new post in the ZSNES forum... :'-(
Post subject: Crash Bandicoot XS/Huge Adventure/N-Tranced
Active player (440)
I'll start a 25-crystal run once I get VBA back. Strategies? Suggestions? Thanks to all.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Active player (440)
I've started a run of The Huge Adventure. I'm currently working on Level 5: Just in Slime. I'm hoping this thread gets attention :(
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
PLease post WIPs ;-)
Active player (440)
Okay, so I've scratched the 20-crystal run for two reasons: 1. It doesn't officially end the game. and 2. It's boring as hell. So now I'm doing an all-gem, platinum-relic 100% run of Huge Adventure. Here's a WIP up to selecting Frostbite Cavern which includes an INSANE time trial of Shipwrecked: 43.50 seconds (ten seconds faster than the platinum minimum and three seconds faster than the best legit time :) ) http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=997C62C51E703A2C
I don't think you're allowed to post ROM links, even rare, hard-to-find ones. But I'm watching the movie now regardless. EDIT: The run looks good. And yes, I do agree a 100% run, all crystals and platinum relics included, would be much more interesting than just a red crystal run. I assume that you will go back and do the levels where you have to run on foot once you have obtained the "running shoes" of some kind after defeating a specific boss. (Sorry, just haven't played the game... yet XD) And you just... abruptly died at the end by falling into lava. At least finish the level :P I am looking forward to the run. Keep up the good work.
Active player (440)
First of all, the crystals aren't red. They're pink ;) I just finished the bear chase in Frostbite Cavern and it looks absolutely beautiful :) I'll edit this post once I'm done the first warp room with a new VBM. Here's a WIP that ends a few seconds into Rocket Racket. This level is giving me major headaches, and I might use this thru frame advance just to get some of the pressure off.[/url]
Active player (308)
Hey, it's hard to get attention if your thread is not about Mario, Metroid, Zelda or Megaman... I took a look at this game, and it's really cool! These guys at Vicarious make really good ports... But, why didn't you use DeHackEd's Micro Uploader to store your VBM movies? About your run... it's nice, but you need to work harder on it. It looks like you use slow motion, but you shouldn't... use frame advance instead. Anyway, I'll be visiting this thread often to check your work.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Active player (440)
Before I forget, here's my outline for how I will do my run: (redone) Level 1 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 2 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 2 Relic Level 3 Crystal, First Clear Gem Level 4 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 5 Crystal, Clear Gem Boss: Dingodile, Super Body Slam Level 6 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 7 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 7 Relic Level 8 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 9 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 9 Relic Level 10 Crystal, Clear Gem Boss: N. Gin, Double Jump Level 11 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 12 Crystal Level 13 Crystal, Clear Gem, Green Gem Level 14 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 15 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 15 Relic Boss: Tiny, Tornado Spin Level 16 Crystal, Clear Gem, Red Gem Level 17 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 17 Relic Level 18 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 18 Relic Level 19 Crystal, Clear Gem Level 20 Crystal, Clear Gem, Yellow Gem Boss: Neo Cortex, Speed Shoes Level 20 Relic Level 19 Relic Level 16 Relic Level 14 Relic Level 13 Relic Level 12 First Clear Gem, Second Clear Gem Level 12 Relic Level 11 Relic Level 10 Blue Gem Level 10 Relic Level 8 Second Clear Gem Level 8 Relic Level 6 Second Clear Gem Level 6 Relic Level 5 Relic Level 4 Relic Level 3 Second Clear Gem Level 3 Relic Level 1 Relic Boss: Neo Cortex, End Game
dtm
Hey, it's hard to get attention if your thread is not about Mario, Metroid, Zelda or Megaman...
Don't worry! It'll get plenty of attention pretty soon due to being dumb enough to link to illegally distributed materials! (hint... hit 'edit')
dtm wrote:
Hey, it's hard to get attention if your thread is not about Mario, Metroid, Zelda or Megaman...
Don't worry! It'll get plenty of attention pretty soon due to being dumb enough to link to illegally distributed materials! (hint... hit 'edit')
Yep, the link to the ROM download got removed, even if it's rare. Toldja. :P
Post subject: This might be illegal too, and may attract some attention
Active player (308)
THIS IS A NICE THREAD!
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Active player (440)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
THIS IS A NICE THREAD!
Thanks. I appreciate the comment :) And on a more relevant topic, I'll be posting a new update soon, as soon as I finish the time trial for Shark Attack. As promised...OHNOS TEH WIP!!!!!1[/url] ;) Also, this is the last update I'll be doing for a while. I'm away from Gens for a week then I'll be having tonsil surgery with a two-week rehab period. Just so you know. I haven't abandoned this project. Yet. ;)
Post subject: OLD Suggestions
Active player (308)
It's really really cool, but some little mistakes may take out some of the fun. Check this sample. It's really old thing, from the last minute of 1969. I hope that helps you out.
Bisqwit wrote:
Post subject: Re: OLD Suggestions
Active player (440)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
It's really really cool, but some little mistakes may take out some of the fun. Check this sample. It's really old thing, from the last minute of 1969. I hope that helps you out.
I'm away from VBA at the moment. Will this work on the ROM I used to record my TAS? NOTE: I have finished N. Gin and up to a screwed-up run of Ace of Space where I don't realize you need a coloured gem to get the box gem until I get to the portal :(. So I'll update it on Thursday. For that run, DO NOT WATCH ACE OF SPACE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE BRUTALLY MURDERED BY THE TAILZ DOLL! :o
Active player (308)
Yes it will. It's the same ROM.
Bisqwit wrote:
Post subject: Sample: meh.
Active player (440)
Okay, I saw the video and it wasn't that helpful at all. Slide-spin is slower than slide-jump, especially on ice (though I do slide-spin if I intend to a break a box on the ground). Also, I need some help for my current run. I'm trying to hex edit a few shots that I flubbed in my N. Gin fight. However, I have two problems with that: 1. Replacing the flubbed shots changes Crash's acceleration rate and 2. As I am not the administrator of my computer, I can't install hex editing programs on said machine. If anyone could possibly hex edit the flubbed shots for me (and possibly when I get stuck in a wall on my Shark Attack relic run, though it's not necessary) will get credit in my final submission and will recieve a banana :) I'll post my current VBM once I'm back at my real computer again (on a school PC now :() Well, it's been talked about and discussed (somewhat): my LAST update before my surgery, which is scheduled for June 6th.
Active player (308)
If slide spin is slower than slide jump, how do you explain the 400 frames difference between your run and this sample? About hex-editors, check here. There you'll find many hex-editors which doesn't require setup.
Bisqwit wrote:
Active player (440)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
If slide spin is slower than slide jump, how do you explain the 400 frames difference between your run and this sample? About hex-editors, check here. There you'll find many hex-editors which doesn't require setup.
All right. I'll try to fix the running levels over the summer. Is there a way to completely redo one level without hurting any of the others if a sequence of events is too complicated to hex edit? (Because I don't want to do some the blimp levels again. Ever.) Or maybe a way to "cut and paste" a snapshot run into an existing VBM? Once again PS, I need your help. And anyone else's too (if anyone else even cares bout this thread).
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
> Is there a way to completely redo one level without hurting any of the others if a sequence of events is too complicated to hex edit? Not really, no. If you want to change something not at the end of the movie, your only option is hex-editing it in.
Active player (308)
It's not too hard to hex-edit, but any changes you make in the beggining of the movie will affect the random things in the rest. But, if you know the the exact frame numbers, you can delete the wrong parts, redo them, and paste into the VBM file. If you check the "VBM format.txt" that comes with the emulator, you'll see that the input data starts(if there's no SRAM or savestate) at address 100 (hexadecimal). The data for each frame is 2 bytes long, so you can calculate and change what you need (especially if the hex-editor GOTO feature has a "Start from current location" option, like Hexworkshop). If you're lucky, you may save time with this technique. But Zefiris is finishing his TASeditor, what will obsolete all this hex-editing.
Bisqwit wrote:
Active player (308)
"Slide & jump" is faster in slippery surfaces. In normal surfaces, "slide & spin" or just "slide and more slide" works better. And slide & jump into pits is fun!
Bisqwit wrote:
1 2
11 12