• Abuses Programming Errors
  • Use Warps
  • Use Multiple hits
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes Damage To Save Time
  • Uses Game Reset Sequence

About the Run

• This is an improved version of Submission #3170
All the tricks and glitches used in this run can be found here: #2255: arukAdo's DS Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin in 11:40.35

An improving point

• Fadeout lug shortening of the beginning and the highest floor
 Since the random number became good by this, "Short Sword" equipment was also optimized. 
  • Optimization of shopping
 sell "Tome of Arms 1" and buy "Tonic"*4 and "CASTLE MAP1." The necessity that this takes 
 "Head Guard" was lost. 
  • Change of the enemy who Attack for LVUP. Route change accompanying it
 The enemy who attacks is changed into "Final Guard"*4 from "keremet". This one is synthetically 
 quicker although one upper level which it becomes impossible to take "Double-jump" and suffers 
 troubles by "Death" Battle also falls. 

Special Thanks

• arukAdo: The route of "Final Sword" version TAS Submission #2513 which he made is the origin of this TAS.
  • gocha: I was allowed to refer to a memory address list. Moreover, it is the direction first solved in "Multiple hits Glitch". More than half of this TAS is made of his distinguished services.
  • hellagels: It taught that item buy had a mistake.

Author's Encode

Dooty: Accepted. Although it's still not easy to tell exactly what's going on most of the time, and this is a good thing, the new route made it much cleaner than your previous run.
ledauphinbenoit: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3447: mtbRc's DS Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin in 04:27.53
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Yes vote for destroying this game even more and making me have no clue what's going on.
Experienced player (954)
Good job, glad you managed to solve the final sword route.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Stephanie Sheh would be disappointed. I, on the other hand, am not. YES vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Surprisingly, it was still quite interesting watching you destroy the Final Guard 4 times, since you dominate him so thoroughly. Nice improvements!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Post subject: portrait of ruin: youtube + video file
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
…what did just happen
Guga
He/Him
This is one of the TAS that if you blink you lose a lot of it. Amazing. Yes vote.
Editor, Experienced player (852)
Entertaining; YES vote. Jonathan!
Editor, Skilled player (1403)
Excellent work again, and a great improvement. Please, do keep making those runs, yes vote.
I must admit, I looked away for just a moment, and I ended up losing track of everything. But the good use of that one foe to quickly get to the level needed to do well in the final boss was what sold this. YES vote.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Very nice improvement! I enjoyed the new route, and it's still funny to watch the map as you launch upwards through all of the castle rooms. Yes vote.
N._Harmonik
She/Her
When can we expect to see a (relatively) glitchless run?
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
Active player (372)
Liked the previous one. Liked this one more. Yes vote.
The improvement of Castlevania never stops... Yes vote.
N. Harmonik wrote:
Compare to glitchless PoR run, I prefer a "no glitch-warp" 100% soul CoS run. That will be more enjoyable.
hellagels
He/Him
Experienced player (757)
Glad to see you finished this movie! Also, that's my pleasure to help you! Certainly yes vote.
Current projects: Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (833)
Beautiful! The whole run was but my WTF moment has to be when you scrolled up the map. Epic stuff! (Yes vote)
It does kind of make me sad that the DS Castlevania games that I love so much get so abused by TASers :( :P I just need to figure out how to move like that myself. And this one had plenty of character switching which is funny to listen to :P
Patashu
He/Him
NKT...
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Guga
He/Him
Encoding in HD as quick as I can. EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lZE8XfpcDU
aluoaniki wrote:
The improvement of Castlevania never stops... Yes vote.
N. Harmonik wrote:
Compare to glitchless PoR run, I prefer a "no glitch-warp" 100% soul CoS run. That will be more enjoyable.
For DoS, I'd prefer a Julius mode run. The run improves the previous run in both time and Jonasan/Sharotto content. Thus yes.
Expert player (2581)
ALAKTORN wrote:
…what did just happen
I was trying to find a way to describe what I saw, but I'll have to second ALAKTORN. Thank you for letting me clueless, but amazed.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Editor, Player (44)
Hmm, I generally prefer to know what's actually going on in a run like this; the enjoyment isn't in seeing the encode and wtfing for me, it's in seeing a description of the glitches and routes involved. The submission message could do with a link to descriptions of the tricks that make this run possible.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
The glitches were described in detail in the submission text of the first submitted run that used them.
Expert player (2581)
ais523 wrote:
The submission message could do with a link to descriptions of the tricks that make this run possible.
Good point ais523! CoolKirby's link to the previous submission will be added to the text.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.