Submission Text Full Submission Page

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.5
  • Fastest time
  • Abuses glitches
  • Manipulates luck

Comments

I found a way to avoid stopping in the second last stage, so I started this run. On the way, I managed to slightly reduce the amount of lag, but it resulted in worse luck than klmz's run. I tried the last stage, but it was shit compared to klmz's version, so I just copied his. klmz, if you're reading this, I hope you don't mind. If you do, I'll replace it with mine.

Stage Comments

Stage 1

Frames saved: 5
I managed to reduce 5 frames of lag somehow while TASing through this stage. I beleived there were a couple of frames also saved, but they were killed off by a frame rule. I redid the boss battle, because my improvement changed the behavior of the 3 enemies that appear from the helicopter. I hope the dancing was entertaining enough.

Stage 2

Frames saved: 1
The frame saved here for no apparent reason. I redid the entire stage, and managed something the previous run failed to do - obtain health lost from taking damage. During the boss battle, I danced around a bit for a brief period of time just like the first boss battle.

Stage 3

Frames saved: 33
I had worse luck than klmz on the first hook, causing me to lose 2 frames. The frames saved here were from better lag reduction and not taking damage from the semi-circular enemy. However, I lost a few frames due to the falling platforms mysteriously falling later than klmz's run. The boss batte couldn't be improved, so I just copied klmz's run.

Stage 4

Frames saved: 21
Most of the frames were saved from using a glitch that prevents the camerea from moving to get further ahead so I can casually walk past the falling platforms unlike in klmz's run. The rest of the frames were saved from better lag reduction. Initially, the savings in this stage were ~11 frames due to losing 10 frames from the accursed frame rule, but a reduction of a single lag frame in the previous stage was enough to pass the frame rule. Somewhere in the middle of the stage, I found a minor graphical glitch that results in item sprites appearing under ground. The boss battle, like the previous one, was unimprovable, so I just copied klmz's.

Stage 5

Frames saved: 0
Since it is an auto-scroller, no frames could be saved. I tried to redo this stage, but around the middle, I realized that my version was inferior to klmz's, so I just copied the entire stage from his run.

Other comments

Thanks

I would like to thank klmz and the previous TASers of this game for their strategies that I plagerised used.

Important addresses

• 0500 - X Position
  • 0501 - X Sub-position
  • 0504 - X Speed
  • 001F - Boss HP
  • 00B0 - Player HP
  • 00B1 - Ammo
  • 0506 - Camera X Position
  • 0507 - Camera Y Position

Suggested Screenshot

Frame 21687

Baxter: Awaiting the improved version. Claimed for judging.

Baxter: Replaced the submission file with an 18 frame faster version at the author's request.

Baxter: Submission file replaced again with yet a faster version.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3485: jlun2 & klmz's NES Journey to Silius in 09:29.78
Active player (432)
First to have the honor to vote yes. Beautiful run jlun. A bit surprised you managed to find improvements on klmz's tightly optimized run. Loved how you synches your moves to the music.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1706)
AngerFist wrote:
First to have the honor to vote yes. Beautiful run jlun. A bit surprised you managed to find improvements on klmz's tightly optimized run. Loved how you synches your moves to the music.
Thanks. I'm sure this run is probably improvable due to better luck, since I wasted some frames throughout the run to manipulate the hooks, ammo drops, and enemy behavior. :/
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Very nice run, and great to see JtS getting an improvement. Yes vote
You really should credit klmz as a coauthor. Voting yes.
Skilled player (1706)
GeoCorn wrote:
You really should credit klmz as a coauthor. Voting yes.
I only copied the last stage and 3 of the bosses, but ok, I guess. :P
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Thank you for improvement. Voting Yes
Guga
He/Him
I don't know why, but I love the dancing you done on every boss. Yes vote.
ThatGugaWhoPlay wrote:
I don't know why, but I love the dancing you done on every boss. Yes vote.
Agreed, this run had huge entertainment value, especially during the last stage. Despite the reduced luck, it seems worthy of being published. Yes vote.
Samus plays the SA-Xaphone
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
It's fairly hard for me to tell the improvements, though any technical improvement to this game is pretty impressive with all the ammo drops. Entertainment-wise, I think you did alright compared to the published run. Keeping klmz's dancing in Stage 5 was awesome. Your dancing in the Stage 1 boss was ok (I liked seeing shots get used), but I think you were a little off tempo. Regardless, Yes vote. It's just difficult to be as impressive when klmz's run was so strong compared to its predecessor.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
This is really entertaining (just like the currently published run). I also like the dancing to the boss music you do. Yes vote.
Skilled player (1706)
mklip2001 wrote:
Entertainment-wise, I think you did alright compared to the published run. Keeping klmz's dancing in Stage 5 was awesome. Your dancing in the Stage 1 boss was ok (I liked seeing shots get used), but I think you were a little off tempo.
I think I know what you mean. Let me see if I can fix it. :) Edit: LOL! Due to the edit, it changed the RNG of the health drops in stage 2, allowing me to get full health at the end of the boss fight. :P Edit2: It desynced due to having less lag in stage 3. I think the submitted run could be improved now, so for anyone interested in encoding, please wait abit. Sorry.
Skilled player (1402)
Could you specify exactly which parts are copied from klmz's TAS, and which parts you TASed yourself?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Baxter wrote:
Could you specify exactly which parts are copied from klmz's TAS, and which parts you TASed yourself?
jlun2 wrote:
I only copied the last stage and 3 of the bosses, but ok, I guess. :P
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1402)
Ugh, how did I miss that? :S
Skilled player (1706)
Uh... I managed to save 11 frames... ...until the loading screen at the end of the 4th stage, where it took 10 extra frames to load. So...here's the improvement. :P Edit: And here's the suggested screenshot for the "improvement". Frame 21708 Edit2: I managed to reduce a lag frame in stage 3 again. Please wait.
Skilled player (1706)
jlun2 wrote:
Edit2: I managed to reduce a lag frame in stage 3 again. Please wait.
Done! Here's the new run . New Suggested Screenshot: Frame 21687 The final time is now 34261 frames.
Guga
He/Him
Skilled player (1706)
Sorry, but... Frame War? :P Btw, could anyone please help check if there's anymore room for improvement? I don't want to continously bug Baxter and ThatGugaWhoPlay every now and then to replace the submission. :/
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Set to delayed, post in a game topic?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Skilled player (1706)
feos wrote:
Set to delayed, post in a game topic?
Sure. You can find yet another improvement here.
Guga
He/Him
More improvements? >_< When you think you already improved enough, PM to me the movie file so I can encode it, jlun2.
Skilled player (1706)
I managed to save another frame from lag reduction on stage 3. Since I keep finding improvements, I'll cancel the submission. Sorry Baxter and ThatGugaWhoPlay. :|
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry