Submission Text Full Submission Page
My new TAS chip'n'dale 2. Overtaken goofydylan8'a. Basically, the idea of ​​passing was to take a smaller number of icons (points), which at the end of each level slowed (if counting) So they had to run some non-standard ways, such as the level of 1-1. Also used the system "of injury" in order to speed up again. For example in the second level of an injury to the fish, not to take the badges. At level 6 was damaged on the nail (took the idea from goofydylan8'a), not to wait for the lift. And further, do not zhdav next lift was able to jump on him from a distance. (Even a little chip out of the screen). At this time, manipulation of the bosses was more successful, such as level 4 (Boss ghost) was obtained almost every turn to pick 2 balls. At the 7th level before the boss cat-bit gambler stopped and lost a number of personnel to better smanipulirovat of the boss.
Possible improvements: a boss level, level 4 can go for about 0.4 seconds faster.

NitroGenesis: Fixed title and submission text is now english thanks to BBkaizo.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: From russian to english
Banned User
My new TAS chip'n'dale 2. Overtaken goofydylan8'a. Basically, the idea of ​​passing was to take a smaller number of icons (points), which at the end of each level slowed (if counting) So they had to run some non-standard ways, such as the level of 1-1. Also used the system "of injury" in order to speed up again. For example in the second level of an injury to the fish, not to take the badges. At level 6 was damaged on the nail (took the idea from goofydylan8'a), not to wait for the lift. And further, do not zhdav next lift was able to jump on him from a distance. (Even a little chip out of the screen). At this time, manipulation of the bosses was more successful, such as level 4 (Boss ghost) was obtained almost every turn to pick 2 balls. At the 7th level before the boss cat-bit gambler stopped and lost a number of personnel to better smanipulirovat of the boss. Possible improvements: a boss level, level 4 can go for about 0.4 seconds faster.
Post subject: Re: From russian to english
Patryk1023
He/Him
BBkaizo wrote:
My new TAS chip'n'dale 2. Overtaken goofydylan8'a. Basically, the idea of ​​passing was to take a smaller number of icons (points), which at the end of each level slowed (if counting) So they had to run some non-standard ways, such as the level of 1-1. Also used the system "of injury" in order to speed up again. For example in the second level of an injury to the fish, not to take the badges. At level 6 was damaged on the nail (took the idea from goofydylan8'a), not to wait for the lift. And further, do not zhdav next lift was able to jump on him from a distance. (Even a little chip out of the screen). At this time, manipulation of the bosses was more successful, such as level 4 (Boss ghost) was obtained almost every turn to pick 2 balls. At the 7th level before the boss cat-bit gambler stopped and lost a number of personnel to better smanipulirovat of the boss. Possible improvements: a boss level, level 4 can go for about 0.4 seconds faster.
Many thanks for RUS>ENG translation. :D
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
Experienced player (508)
Warning to all... Frame war is coming.
Отэто в разы лучше того, что было :) Двачую! :)
Banned User
Aldorr wrote:
That is many times better than what it was :) Dvachuyu! :)
Experienced player (508)
I predict this can be improved by 9 further seconds and intend to do so. I haven't actually started yet but simple level by level comparisons gave me this number. This is a nice improvement as certain levels are greatly improved, one boss is almost 8 seconds ahead so now I know to get that boss randomness, but at the same time other levels are beat by a combined 9 seconds as stated above. Now some of that may be lost due to getting proper randomness on bosses and maybe a frame or so on the boxes but I have no qualms saying that there is at least 5-6 seconds guaranteed. Now, I will not be voting as I feel conflicted due to the known improvements. But if people enjoy this run as it is a nice improvement on certain levels and want this to be published I have no qualms as it followed the rules and improved the movie. Though, I predict that by next Sunday my improvement will be submitted.
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
Framewars are awesome! Especially when both competitors use TAS Editorr, woo!
Skilled player (1175)
Nice improvement,yes vote.
The king is always lucky.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Going to participate. I mean, in teh war. Pity this game can't provide Y subpixel tricks the first version can, because it doesn't alter the Y subpixel while you're on the foor. And there's no X subpixels either. That means it's gonna be all about manipulation and route.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Experienced player (508)
feos wrote:
Going to participate. I mean, in teh war. Pity this game can't provide Y subpixel tricks the first version can, because it doesn't alter the Y subpixel while you're on the foor. And there's no X subpixels either. That means it's gonna be all about manipulation and route.
If you want to participate challenge accepted. Just so you know you will want to compare routes with mine and his. He beat me as a whole but he lost out on a bunch of levels (I believe if I left my input the same for the first two levels it would be ahead of his, but it may just be the first level). Also sorry I haven't given an update. This week has been busy for me but I still say Sunday or Monday I should have the improved version up.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
It's good to see people are improving the boss fights in this run. I'm looking forward to further improvements. (This scenario reminds me a little of the submissions for Little Nemo. There was a submission that beat the published run at the time, but it was too sloppy in other places.) Also, are any of you interested in improving the 2-player run on the original game? Some months ago, Aglar was looking for a partner to help with running that game, and from the looks of things on the game's thread, that run hasn't seemed to make much progress yet.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
goofydylan8 wrote:
Oh come on, can't you let anyone else have a NES record for once? I hope he doesn't realize that there's a 20 minute improvement to The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle...
All the best, Brandon Evans
mklip2001 wrote:
Also, are any of you interested in improving the 2-player run on the original game? Some months ago, Aglar was looking for a partner to help with running that game, and from the looks of things on the game's thread, that run hasn't seemed to make much progress yet.
He was speaking about the first game only.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Experienced player (508)
Brandon wrote:
goofydylan8 wrote:
Oh come on, can't you let anyone else have a NES record for once? I hope he doesn't realize that there's a 20 minute improvement to The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle...
But its my record. He is trying to steal it from me. Granted I did start it from his initial submission text but that is irrelevant. I am apparently not a rookie by 21 hours so I need to compete with quality TASers. In my case that means upping quantity (see Double Dare, Uncanny X-Men, Terminator 2, many future soon to be rejected TASes) I now know that there's a 20 minute improvement to The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle... though I am sure that was your intention and you just want an improvement made.... EDIT Not that I have any idea of where the improvement is by simply looking at it because you seemed confident in the quality and in neither the walkthroughs, submission discussion or the forum topic I can't find where there would be a huge improvement.
But its my record. He is trying to steal it from me.
Don't say that. Here we have a true competition spirit when every trick is open once the run is submitted. And one always may miss a trick another have used, and learn it only from the latter. When several people can really contribute to the run, they team up. But for the games that are very simple, it's more interesting to check your skill, because such pure competition gives a cool inspiration to do your best. The main idea here is THE GAME, not THE PLAYER. We want perfection, because we love games. One can never call himself an owner of the record, because anything can be improved, it's just a matter of will and time. And skill :)
Feos, это он про меня? Если да, то это он пытается "украсть" у меня, потому что Я первый сделал TAS этой игры за 1 игрока. Но мне не жалко :) Если он меня опять обойдет, то Я потом вновь постараюсь его обойти.
Experienced player (508)
feos wrote:
Don't say that. Here we have a true competition spirit when every trick is open once the run is submitted. And one always may miss a trick another have used, and learn it only from the latter.
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. It was supposed to be a joke. I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't translate to text especially when there are speakers of many language on the site. I was trying to sound whiny. I am looking forward to seeing what you can put forward and what my final result is though. It will be interesting how a relatively simple game can be beat in different ways to save seconds.
Experienced player (508)
feos wrote:
I was just wondering if you had put any work into trying to improve this run? I am currently at the mummy boss that drops rocks (the one where he beat my run by an impressive 7 seconds). Up to this point I am ahead by 00:03.58 seconds which is roughly a second faster than I believed I would be at this point. I am currently struggling to figure out how on earth fisker N. managed to get the outcome he got on this boss because it simply isn't working out for me. I could continue with the times I am getting and beat the run but only by about 3 seconds but if I can figure this out I could get around a 10 second improvement I believe so I am going to continue to work. fisker N. you do not have to inform me, since I am trying to beat you, but if you would like to share how you got such amazing luck it would be nice to hear. Was it simply brute force the frame you enter the level or is there some other trick?
I have done a test til the beginning of level 2. I saved something about 90 frames.
Feos, в каком именно моменте спас 90 кадров?) на боссе 2 уровня или на самом уровне?
fiskerN wrote:
Feos, в каком именно моменте спас 90 кадров?) на боссе 2 уровня или на самом уровне?
Везде по немногу. И не на боссе, а к НАЧАЛУ 2 уровня.
Experienced player (508)
feos wrote:
I have done a test til the beginning of level 2. I saved something about 90 frames.
If you are at 90 frames before the second level then you are ahead of me by around 14 frames. I am going to continue working on this but I want it to be the best it can so I am going to post up my information so that you can have the most recent to compare to. Here is my most recent WIP (the one that is ahead by 3.5 seconds up to the mummy ghost). And here is an Microsoft Excel document with all of my data on the run. It contains frame by frame comparisons of each black to black screen, with each level highlighted an individual color. It then shows for that individual black to black how many frames I beat, or lost, to his run by. It then has my total number of seconds to finish the movie, his total, in seconds how far ahead or behind I am total, the percentage ahead or behind, the percent of the run finished and finally the estimated amount of time saved. The first page has my published run compared to his submission so some of the factors are useless. The second page has my WIP compared to his submission so it shows some good estimates of how much time will be saved. I am going to continue to work on this but if you are going to beat me I would prefer that you beat me with the best time possible.
I'm surprised that you posted the WIP, I thought you wouldn't want to share your decisions. For now I am at the end of second floor of the refregerator. When the screen scrolls left and reaches the left end. Well, I reach it 164 frames faster than you. I mentioned about the openness, but didn't force anyone to share what he came up with. I find it more interesting to invent everything yourself. Also I'm paranoid and think that if you know the exact amount of frames I'm ahead, you'd TAS the shit out of that game just to match my time. Surely I hope you wouldn't and my movie would appear still faster, but whatever XD Anyway, you know my time now.
Experienced player (508)
feos wrote:
I'm surprised that you posted the WIP, I thought you wouldn't want to share your decisions. For now I am at the end of second floor of the refregerator. When the screen scrolls left and reaches the left end. Well, I reach it 164 frames faster than you. I mentioned about the openness, but didn't force anyone to share what he came up with. I find it more interesting to invent everything yourself. Also I'm paranoid and think that if you know the exact amount of frames I'm ahead, you'd TAS the shit out of that game just to match my time. Surely I hope you wouldn't and my movie would appear still faster, but whatever XD Anyway, you know my time now.
The problem is that I have been TASing the shit out of this game and tried extremely hard for the published run. It turns out you are coming up with better strategies than me and that is why I sent the WIP. I am feeling pretty confident I am not going to win this war so I just wanted to make sure that if I am obsoleted I am beaten as thoroughly as possible.