Submission Text Full Submission Page

Game objectives

• Aims for fastest time
  • Plays using Luigi
  • Uses warp
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Genre: Platform

Improvements

This run is 64 frames faster than the previous run.Here is the main improvements
  • 1-1 to 4-2:Different route,63 frames saved. Thanks for Mars,he told me Luigi also can go through the ground with the Mushroom jump.And I turn back faster than previous run in the warp zone stage.
  • 8-4:1 frame was saved in the water stage because I speed up instead of squat down as soon as the time appeared.

Nach: Judging.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3598: KFCMARIO's FDS Super Mario Bros. 2 "Luigi Version" in 08:14.54
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Now this sounds interesting! I'm going to watch it now.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Looks good, although I'm not overly familiar with the FDS version of SMB2J. Enough for a Yes vote, though.
Previous Name: boct1584
Hm. It's pretty similar to the published Mario run, but it has some really good technical achievements, like the mushroom jump in 1-1. I don't know what to vote yet.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
CoolKirby wrote:
Hm. It's pretty similar to the published Mario run, but it has some really good technical achievements, like the mushroom jump in 1-1. I don't know what to vote yet.
For the record, SMB2 Luigi isn't a new category. This run is an improvement of [1042] FDS Super Mario Bros. 2 "warps, Luigi" by Phil in 08:16.42.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Oh...thanks. Well then, it's a nice improvement and a nice run overall and I vote Yes!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I feel like this run overused the sound of backwards-skidding (even if the skidding doesn't lose time). Apart from that, though, it's a good run! I especially like when, in 4-2, an enemy is killed on the left side of the screen and its score display appears partially on the right side. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
someone encode this?
So yea, how's it going? Currently TASing: Nothing
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
someone encode this?
Yep, yep I'll get on encoding now it should go up in about 3/4 hrs in HD Also mentioning before I forget YES vote to this tas I really enjoyed it and since I like games that are faster by frames or by time YES would most likely come out of my mouth
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Expert player (2453)
Well, me and Mars are working on this. And we believe there are more improvements. But since this is already an improvement, I'm going to vote yes, and there will be a faster version coming soon this year. Actually I told Mars that 63 frames can be saved in by using the mushroom and go through the ground. And I remember that I also saved 21 frames in 1-2.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1477)
More entertainment. And faster by using mushroon in 1-1. Voted YES.
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
HappyLee wrote:
Well, me and Mars are working on this. And we believe there are more improvements. But since this is already an improvement, I'm going to vote yes, and there will be a faster version coming soon this year. Actually I told Mars that 63 frames can be saved in by using the mushroom and go through the ground. And I remember that I also saved 21 frames in 1-2.
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
HappyLee wrote:
Well, me and Mars are working on this. And we believe there are more improvements. But since this is already an improvement, I'm going to vote yes, and there will be a faster version coming soon this year. Actually I told Mars that 63 frames can be saved in by using the mushroom and go through the ground.yep. And I remember that I also saved 21 frames in 1-2.
Ja, There will be something faster!
Spikestuff
They/Them
Link to video UPDATED THE VIDEO NOW HD EDITION AND NO GLITCHES :P
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
YES vote for me
live life
mklip2001 wrote:
I feel like this run overused the sound of backwards-skidding (even if the skidding doesn't lose time). Apart from that, though, it's a good run!
I agree with this. Also, there needs to be a hack to make fire Luigi look lean, mean and most importantly green rather than like the Mario every other run uses. But can't really blame the run for that.
Expert player (2453)
Here's a problem... KFCMario has stolen my ENTIRE key inputs from the second stage in 1-2, without declaring or telling me first. Here's my WIP. It was done 1 year ago, and I only sended it to Mars as I remembered. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/442848143/Luigi.fcm It was paused till 4-1 because I found 5 different places to get the flower, and they all end up with the same time. I believed that there must be at least 1 way to save 21 frames from the flower. It was a bit shocked when I found that KFCMario has used my inputs in his TAS. I do believe I have successfully saved 21 frames in 1-2, which should be in this submission, too, but it isn't in the submission text. His action of getting the mushroom seems a lot like mine, too. I remembered that Mars has told him that I got the mushroom in a very strange way, but I don't know if Mars has sended my WIP to him. I feel strange, that's all. I don't think it's appropriate to copy others' input without credit or notification, and I'm not sure if anyone's agree with me. I don't know what to do, either.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Spikestuff
They/Them
HappyLee wrote:
~Detail of KFCMario Copying HappyLee~
Get revenge? By that I mean get alot of skilled Mario Bros players and tas this game crazy and get special "Frame Wars" to help. (Hey atleast it's better that one word answers :P)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Expert player (2453)
Well why would I want to revenge? I'd just like to know whether TASVideos would accept a TAS that copies inputs of others, because it's the first time I see something like that happens here.
Spikestuff
They/Them
HappyLee wrote:
Well why would I want to revenge? I'd just like to know whether TASVideos would accept a TAS that copies inputs of others, because it's the first time I see something like that happens here.
I was joking around. To be honest I wonder why too
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
TASVideos Grue wrote:
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
serves 'em right.