Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk 1.0.3
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Plays at hardest difficulty

Plot

Mickey and Minnie are dancing happily as all of a sudden the evil witch Mizrabel, jealous of Minnie's beauty, plunges out of the sky and abducts Minnie. Mickey chases after Mizrabel all the way to the Castle of Illusion...

General Comments

This run improves the currently published run by 3168 frames(52.8 sec). The file will synch with "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (U) (V1.1).sms" but NOT with "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (U) (V1.0).sms" In the following i will describe several tricks i used in this run.
Known tricks:
  • "Ladder trick"
Normally you're supposed to climb up ladders to the next room, but if the adjacent upper room is close enough to get to it with a full jump, Mickey appears in his standing sprite and allows you to do another jump.
  • "Glitch through platform"
When you're standing right under a platform that falls down once you touch it, you can jump through it.
New tricks:
  • Slope-jumping"
When you are not holding left or right on a slope while sliding, you can exceed the speed-cap for a short time.
  • "increased jump height"
When you are hitting the edge of a ceiling, your jump height increases, allowing you sometimes to skip a platform or a climbing section.
  • "breaking the running-pattern"
When you are about to pick up an item, it is advantageous to press the other direction or no direction at all, as opposed to running straight to the item. This saves 2 frames at almost every item.

Level Comments/Additional Improvements

• "Forest" Level:
A more precise throw of the barrel, made me maintain full speed.
  • "Toy" Level:
Delivering the fourth hit on the boss quicker.
  • "Candy" Level:
The cake couldn't catch up with Mickey :)
  • "Office" Level:
The ROM version i used didn't let me destroy the airplane and box simultaneously, thus losing about 30 frames.
  • "Clockwork" Level:
A whopping 45 second shortcut is the reason i decided to tas this game. The cause for using this ROM instead of the other one, despite its disadvantage, lies in the setup of the shortcut. In this version, you'll get the deciding movement of the second topmost screw nut "naturally"(meaning you don't have to spawn and respawn this enemy in a whacky way), which more than makes up for the 30 lost frames in the previous level.
  • "Castle" Level/Final Level:
Sadly, the zip i found during the autoscroll section doesn't save time, but it certainly looks cool 8) Thanks to the invulnerability time after taking a deliberate hit, i managed to get to the upper ghost earlier. Saved 8 frames due to a better pattern in the dragon fight. You might want to watch the final hit against the witch in frame advance :)
Thanks to AngerFist and wwmarx for their run on the site and NitroGenesis for his WIP that included the slope-jumping technique.
I hope you'll all enjoy this run :)

turska: Judging.

turska: Accepting as an improvement to the published movie.
Syncs on Bizwhack 1.0.4a.
Mickey Mouse - Castle of Illusion (UE) [!].sms
md5sum:     e7e1ef0a9e20585e2266e8adbaf4b8c9
sha1sum:    c200b5e585d59f8bfcbb40fd6d4314de8abcfae3
sha256sum:  1ff8862cfff7f66bb4fdebea31eb84dc093315cf0271a166f218ac5b29d283d3

Guga: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Alright! Thanks for your thanking me. I'm glad my test trick helped you out.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Active player (432)
Bastard!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
Yes vote from me! \o Maybe I'll even study this TAS closer .. it could apply for Land of Illusion later on... +D Loved the final frames.. xP
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Shall I encode it?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Woohoo, there's never enough SMS love for TAS! Can't wait to watch this!
52.8 seconds! Incredible; that new clock tower skip is excellent.
WOW, this game is so psychodelic! Mouse can swim from one coffee cup into another! The music is simply mad! But it's very good choise for tasing. Wanna proof? Here it is. Second one is the same with the obsoleted movie: Encoding, in other words...
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Player (191)
Great improvement for me. Easy Yes.
Por que praticamente só jogos de futebol têm versões em português?
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Wow the clockwork zip is insane! Very nicely mad, it looks wonderful. Always good to see childhood game TASed again.
Active player (432)
Very well planned and executed tas. good job. Though I wished you could've done a bit more artistic movement during the waiting periods. Clear yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Well-done and entertaining. Easy yes vote.
very nice yes vote from me have to wonder at times tho was the player playing megaman or ducktales, very nice run
Suggested screenshot
N._Harmonik
She/Her
How about the other Illusion games then?
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2066] SMS Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse by Tee-N-Tee in 12:48.54