Submission Text Full Submission Page
FCEU (for some reason, i can't get Famtasia to work. i don't know what the deal is)
no warps, no passwords.
Abuses:
  • the tank battle. theres a glitch where you get hit by it and can walk right through it.
  • the supercomputer battle. theres a glitch where as soon as you enter the room, you hold right and it will take you to the final battle with Big Boss without having set off the timer.
  • the Transciever/Item Reappearing trick where you call on the transciever and then when you come back to the game, items such as Rations and Ammo will be replaced.
  • none other that i am aware of, but i could be wrong.
i take damage in several areas to get through the areas quickly. gun fire is usually not wanted, but that opening level of the jungle is a toughie and i couldnt figure out the right key combos to make them just sit there. damage on heat panels and underground water facility are on purpose (see me getting all those rations). gas rooms are not on purpose, but its expected to take damage at least once in a gas room due to timing. i do NOT use death at all.
i am for best time and least amount of items picked up. this does not mean i aim for only grabbing enough to suffice, as the ammo carries over to different weapons usually. i do use a low amount of grenades and rockets though. i also save as few hostages as possible (just enough to get to 4 star rank, i think thats 15). no 100% kills or items.
Metal Gear, in its NES form, is no longer as stealthy as it was on the MSX. the idea of sneaking around is aborted in some places almost entirely because of enemy and camera placement.
making the movie was tough because i had to adjust several times to FCEU from VirtuaNES. but other than a few continuity problems, it was easy. the key combos make it that way. and i knew the route perfectly by now. if someone can improve on it, id love to see it. im not really sure what to take out or what to do differently. i didnt save Grey Fox because he doesn't shut the hell up for like 45 seconds. Pettrovich and Building 4 are obsolete because you don't need to save him to beat the game with the glitch. any other questions, feel free to PM me. i will try to answer your questions as best i can.
OTHER:
i try and keep moving at all times. a few times, this falters for a moment or so because the enemy has to pass me or something of the like.
the UNIFORM is needed in the EU version because i couldnt open the door to Building 2 without it.
i did NOT slow down the recording process at any time though. anything you hear oddly is the emulator playing it back that way, not me.
now, if someone would get snake's revenge beat (ive beaten the GBC with Big Boss before and have the videos somewhere lying around if anyone wants them for reference if they ever fix the VisualBoyAdvance for saving purposes), all the MG games (save Acid and Snake Eater) would be online! that'd be a treat.

Bisqwit: Rejected because of three reasons.
  1. This movie stops 2.78 seconds after starting, and doesn't do anything meaningful. Are you sure you used the re-recording version of FCEU?
  2. I don't like that nickname. I prefer something pronounceable that can be recognized as an identity.
  3. You said you didn't slow down the emulator while recording. This is not something to boast on. Read the Guidelines. I quote:
    We do not care about how difficult you made it for yourself to make. Please use the best possible methods you can use to produce the best possible result.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #382: slash_star_dash's NES Metal Gear in 00:02.78
Former player
3 seconds? You are a god among men.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
What the What the What the What the What the What the What the What the You get the drift.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1637)
Is there a reason you revived this troll submission with a useless post?
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Senior Moderator
It's not a troll submission, it's just old. And slash-star-dash was a newbie at the time. :P
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
WOAH! Hey, look, guys! My post count went up one too! Also, I find it funny that bisqwit told off /*- for his forum name. I actually really like it :3
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Player (58)
I'm going to try and pronounce that. lsde.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
LMAO, man I was stupid back then. Thanks for reviving this topic, Grue. (wasn't it locked?)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
The joys of years old bumps. It's always fun to look at old posts and seeing how much of an idiot you were back some years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.