(Link to video)

This run still contains blood and nudity and is not to be seen by anyone.

Well, its faster than before. 3710 frames faster in fact (that's 1:01.83). Yay.
  • Is still made with fba.
  • Still 1 player all the time.
  • Makes me realize my first run sucked and I should be ashamed for submitting it.
  • Still takes damage.
  • Still forgoes death.
  • Still makes the NES version look like shit

Improvement

Level 1

I realized that i missed a speed boot at the start of the level. Picking it up is slower at first, but the speed i have eventually makes up for it.

Level 2

I used a corner boost on the falling spikes. By doing this I dodged the arrow I had to wait out in the last run. Not much to say in this straightforward level.

Level 3

Faster Medusa kill and more damage abuse.

Level 4

I killed the two bug bosses much faster, also lots of damage abuse during the level because I totally missed a health refill in my last run.

Level 5

Picked up a lightning weapon, this wastes time here, but will save time in the next level.

Level 6

At the start, I grab a strong weapon, so to not waste my lightning bolt. I use it to kill both bug bosses and kill the bottom dragon, then the lightning comes out to play.

Level 7

I managed to kill him so fast, he doesn't even make it to the middle of the screen. Yay.
Thanks to The Green Herring for linking me to a longplay which showed where some items were that I overlooked. And thanks to Eino for the longplay.

turska: Judging.

turska: Nice and fast, good audience feedback. Accepting for publication.

natt: Processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3676: NitroGenesis's Arcade Dragon Unit in 02:35.85
That's much better. Looks good!
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Editor
That was quick. I would have demanded my money back if I had seen this in an arcade.
Yeah, this looks much more optimized than the previous submission. In fact, the final boss battle was hilarious, as I wasn't aware he could be defeated that quickly. I can only vote Yes to this for being quick and well-played.
- The Green Herring
Editor, Experienced player (894)
Yes vote for being Castle of Dragon. What's up with the volume boost in the last boss sound effects... a part of FBA glitching up?
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Good run, nitrogenesis. It's fast and entertaining, and I enjoyed watching you dominate all the bosses, especially the final boss. Yes vote!
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
This game looks silly. Also, what's up with the sound effects at the last boss?
I was unaware Castle of Dragon had an arcade version (or had forgotten). It looks and sounds much nicer, and is more awesome in general. This run looks to be well-played and kills bosses real fast-like. Voting No because the Medusa boobs were onscreen no more than a second. Voting Yes. Good run.
1/60 of a second is important; every frame matters.
AKheon wrote:
What's up with the volume boost in the last boss sound effects... a part of FBA glitching up?
FractalFusion wrote:
Also, what's up with the sound effects at the last boss?
The final boss has multiple places where he can be hit, and I'll hazard a guess that the apparent sound boost in that fight is because the lightning blast is hitting all of them at once. It would make sense, at least.
- The Green Herring
Yes vote. I didn't see the previous submission, but that was crazy quick. The stages are really short when you don't stop to kill the enemies. Actually, I thought the player was moving kind of fast. Is that normal? Was there some trick being used to make the player run that fast? (Like SMW.) I thought the ending of the encode was way funnier than it should have been.
Violence and tities easiest yes vote ever
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Catastrophe wrote:
Actually, I thought the player was moving kind of fast. Is that normal? Was there some trick being used to make the player run that fast? (Like SMW.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjgfsjvmk0&feature=player_detailpage#t=24s
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Voted yes, 'cause I voted yes for voting meh ...
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
TASeditor wrote:
Voted yes, 'cause I voted yes for voting meh ...
Wut.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
Syncs on FBA 007 "drgnunit" set, crcs in database...
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2092] Arcade Dragon Unit "1 player" by NitroGenesis in 02:35.85
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
I'd like to know what a manupilater is.
A manupilater pilates your manus. NitroGenesis, thanks for this TAS . It is entertaining, watchable, and rich with content.
Ugh, this video gave me the shivers when I did this too, not a legit video I might add :).But anyway, good job on this hard game.