Post subject: False lag frames bug
Editor, Experienced player (608)
A while ago, I was working on a TAS of JezzballDS, and I noticed that making and loading a savestate closer to a single lag frame would create more false lag frames and delay the earliest frame input can be read by the game. I posted about this problem in the DeSmuME emulator development thread, but no one has fixed it in almost 11 months. This problem is also present in 0.9.8, as VanillaCoke and ALAKTORN have also experienced this false lag frame problem. So can I count on this being fixed soon? VanillaCoke and I were going to work on KMA in a few months, and the game is hard enough to TAS without the emulator creating false lag frames.
Editor, Skilled player (1941)
Issue now reported at sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=164579&atid=832291 zeromus and co. are still 99% likely to ignore your requests, but I made the effort to bother since it is heavily implied that requests here will be ignored 99.9% of the time. So don't count on this being fixed anytime soon.
Thanks, FractalFusion. But what do they fix if not user-reported issues? VBA developers fix bugs and release a new svn quickly. Why isn't the DeSmuME team the same way?
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
I researched about the bug and made a fix for it. Check the new version and see if the situation changes, please.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
Oh, I think that fixed it! I used the 0.9.8 fix, created a savestate on frame 139 and the earliest I could press Start to skip the intro logo was frame 168. Then I made savestates on frames 160 and 164, and both were able to press Start to clear the intro on frame 168! Thank you very much, gocha. I really appreciate you spending your time and effort on fixing this!
Skilled player (1707)
Hi! I'm not sure if it's related, but in GTA: ChinaTown Wars, you can only change the the camera angle at frames the emulator considers to be a lag frame. In the non-laggy frames, you can only use the buttons instead; the stylus won't do a thing. How exactly does this work?