Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • This is a real and my first tas
  • Hope this will be good :p
  • I used the Emulator : vba-rerecording v24 Binary (svn 422)
  • With BIOS emulator :)
  • I take some hits but it's more Time
  • i Aim More faster possible but i try to take the more lums possible.
  • The game it's the easiest Rayman 2 for TAS because you can finish it with 0 cages and 0 lums vs the pc and ps1 and n64 version who needs some lums
  • And the boss is ridiculious... so easyy!!
  • And you must save the world from Darkness, Mr.Razorbeard
  • I didn't endcode movie because i don't know how and a guy say me you can encode me :p
  • I start with this tas because nobody tas it
(Sorry for my english, i'm french)
(And i wondering if you can e-mail why my movie is rejected if it's)
  • i do 1832 rerec and i played like 5,6 hours non stop for finish this :)

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: Hello got4n, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, I will have to reject this movie. The play quality is not up to par for this site; I see many times where you wait for a few seconds without moving for no discernible reason, and the playing in general looks like it could be significantly improved. It looks like with more time investment (5 to 6 hours is definitely not enough for most TASes, much less one that's over 40 minutes long), and more careful play (1832 rerecords also definitely aren't enough for a run of this caliber), the movie could be improvable by several minutes. Because of that, I'm rejecting this run.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3688: got4n's GBC Rayman 2 "53%" in 43:45.35
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
Where does that "53%" come from? Is it some sort of goal (seems very arbitrary) or is that just what the completion percentage happens to be? If the latter, you should clear the branch name.
Experienced player (703)
No it's just because i tried to get the more possible lumz and after movie stop i see i was at 53%
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Skilled player (1706)
The amount of frames and the number of rerecords don't give me a good impression on this. I'll wait for an encode before voting.
Experienced player (703)
Thanks for your impression!! But what do you mean by don't give a good impression? The amount of frame is what it should do ok for rerecord but it's my first frame
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Skilled player (1706)
got4n wrote:
Thanks for your impression!! But what do you mean by don't give a good impression? The amount of frame is what it should do ok for rerecord but it's my first frame
I mean that it may not be optimized, or have no noticeable improvement. But I haven't watched it yet so I'm not going to vote based on rerecord count in case it was not entirely correct.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2142)
By the look of it (And certainly the time it took for you to make it) it seems like you played this in real time. If you want to make this an optimised TAS you'll have to record your run with Frame Advance with lots of research and testing. Making a 43 minutes long TAS in 5 hours just shouldn't happen. I also did a rough test at the first level, improving what you did by 263 frames. If you want a run to be published, you'll have to make the run worthy by putting more effort in the making. So good luck to any further attempts you do at this or any other game. But for now, this gets a no vote from me.
Experienced player (703)
Sorry, but it's my first tas :(
Tompa
Any
A tip you can do is to show your work in the forum so people can give you some feedback on it. Helping you out how to improve your run and such. One thing is to avoid playing it in real, as I mentioned in my previous post. This is one of the most crucial things in a good TAS. While Frame Advance takes a lot of time to record a run with, it is neccesary for it to be a fast run in the end. Also keep testing different strategies on levels. "Could this be faster if I did..." instead of being satisfied with your result. You just have to keep redoing the same thing over and over again until there is no way to improve it further. Just some minor advice to you. Keep practicing TASing and I'm sure you'll get a nice run eventually =).
Experienced player (703)
Yh but i don't know how to active Frame Advance and maybe someone can help me :)
Tompa
Any
For VBA, you can go to Options -> Input -> Customize All Commands... and in the "File" section you can set a button for Frame Advance. To unpause the game you can just use your "Pause" button on the keyboard, or just assign a different hotkey for it. When you use it you hold the button(s) you want to press, and then you press Frame Advance. That's the basic idea how to use it at least. Also, I recommend you having a look at this page: http://tasvideos.org/TASHowTo.html. It explain the process of TASing and is always a good place to start with if you are new to TASing.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Voting No. I liked some parts, BUT the thing that stood out most for me (besides the rerecord count being low) was the entering bonus round and walking into a wall (Countless times). Try again next time EDIT: also everything fsvgm777 wrote
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
I stopped watching after the third stage. In the third stage, you go to a bonus game to get a 1-up for no apparent reason. A bit later, you forget to jump after destroying the cage, losing time this way. Sorry, but No vote. Definite lack in optimisation. What I suggest to you is to make WIP TASes (in short, you show your progress in the TAS after every stage or so) of a game first, then post it in the appropriate game thread (for the appropriate console) and/or in the French forum. Take especially the advice of other users in consideration in order to make your TAS better. French: J'ai arrêté de regarder après le troisième niveau. Dans le troisième niveau, tu vas vers un niveau bonus pour obtenir une vie supplémentaire sans raison apparente. Un peu plus tard, tu oublies de sauter après avoir détruit la cage, donc tu perds du temps. Désolé, mais je vote Non. Manque définitif d'optimisation. Ce que je te suggère est de faire des TAS WIP (en gros, tu montres ton progrès dans le TAS après à peu près chaque niveau) d'un jeu et de le poster dans le topic du jeu approprié (pour la console appropriée) et/ou dans le forum français. Et surtout, prends compte des astuces des autres utilisateurs pour améliorer ton TAS.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Editor
Another problem, why does this run use the E version? Most runs are U or J.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
This game looks really slow. If there is no way to speed up Rayman, then I'd say it is a bad game choice.
got4n wrote:
i Aim More faster possible but i try to take the more lums possible.
That is a conflict of goals. Just focus on being as fast as possible. Do not waste time to take lums. A 100% goal may be used (such as collecting all the lums) but to do that, you must collect all the lums, no less.
Damn, and I was halfway through a 52.5% run! This isn't going to obsolete mine is it?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
hegyak wrote:
Another problem, why does this run use the E version? Most runs are U or J.
It seems to be the only one that exists in ROM format.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Player (98)
Voting yes for the unique goal
Why did you use European rom? NO vote.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
iiro2 wrote:
Why did you use European rom? NO vote.
If you read what nitrogenesis said (and I checked this myself): There is no other dumped version of this game around the internet. I think this is a pretty good excuse to use the E ROM. I will not comment on the run itself because I have not had the chance to watch it yet.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Active player (325)
Aww, blast. I saw this on my RSS feed and I was hoping someone had finally TASed Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Disappointed!