Submission Text Full Submission Page
Gun.Smoke Pacifist run. Kills one bad guy.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk 1.4.1
  • Gun.Smoke Pacifist run
  • Kills one bad guy. He was wanted. The rest were not.
  • Also kills barrels.
  • Has a distinct lack of dinosaurs.

Comments

Billy, our hero, is in the town of Hicksville to exact revenge on his most hated enemy. Who? What? Why? Who, barrels. What?! Why? He has infinite ammo and two guns. You ask him why.

Stage by stage comments

Stage 1 Town of Hicksville The town's people tried to stop Billy but he wasn't going to stop on his rampage of barrel destruction. He also killed a guy for $10,000.

Other comments

This game has some real nice lag manipulation. It only lags during the loading screens between area name, wanted poster and game level. Even if the screen has lots of enemies, there's no lag. But it does flicker crazily.
Happy April 1st.
If you really like this, I will try and make a full run.

feos: This run picks a "pacifist" goal, which can't be published in the Vault, and it got a quite bad feedback and votes, with prevent mooning it either. If a full run is done someday, this post must be taken into account while optimizing it, and this submission must be also noticed. I remind that there are only 2 branches possible in Vault: fastest completion (any%) and full completion (100%), both without any time tradeoffs. Rejecting this one meanwhile.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3918: hegyak's NES Gun.Smoke "Pacifist" in 03:17.13
Editor, Experienced player (608)
A certain YouTube LPer would be very proud of what you've done here. I'll wait for an encode, this sounds interesting.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Thanks for the encode, feos. I thought this would hold my interest, but unfortunately I would have to go with No if this were a full run. And judging by the rest of the votes (all No), I don't think a full "pacifist" run would be able to be published as a Moon, and since it wouldn't be an any% or 100% run, it wouldn't be accepted to the Vault either. If you were to make a normal TAS of this game, it could definitely be published in the Vault though, so feel free to make one if you want. You could use this movie as a reference too, and it should be easy to top his time.
Editor
Some things I know about optimizing this game: The boss won't load until the area is cleared (see towards the end of the Pacifist encode for this). The horse allows me to take three hits, but it also needs to walk on screen (causing everything else to pause) and also causes MASSIVE flashing/flickering. The bosses can use optimization. LUA possible? Anyone up for that? Otherwise the game scrolls normally until the boss area is reached. Other guns can be purchased but I won't need them. Getting them takes time. Game rules: Player must get the wanted poster to face the boss. It's hidden in each stage. You can also buy it for 2X the boss's bounty (reward). After the final boss is beaten, the credits roll and the game loops over. Other things TVTropes says this game in Nintendo Hard. I can beat it unassisted.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
KennyMan666
He/Him
hegyak: Are they talking about this port of the original arcade version, though? Because the arcade game is insanely difficult.
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom