Submission Text Full Submission Page

Lifeforce NES : Stunt Flyer

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Fecux 2.2.1
  • Stunt Flying : Driving Close to enemies/bullets.
  • Pacifism Attempt *See in comment section*

Video Games Information

Salamander (沙羅曼蛇 Saramanda?), retitled Life Force (ライフフォース Raifu Fōsu?) in North America and in the Japanese arcade re-release (see development), is a scrolling shooter arcade game by Konami. Released in 1986 as a spin-off to Gradius, Salamander introduced a simplified power-up system, two-player cooperative gameplay and both horizontally and vertically scrolling stages. Some of these later became the norm for future Gradius games.

Stage by stage comments

Stage 1 & Stage 2

Doing A Stunt flying. such as driving toward enemy bullet, cycle around the enemy/bullets. and also attempt to kill the boss at the end of stage in shortest time.

Stage 3

After the first section of stage. i switch tactics to pacifist run (actually Attempt to) and avoid all the enemy fire to the end of stage.

Stage 4

Another Attempt on the pacifist run, although accidentally score a kill near the end of stage.

Stage 5

This is the only stage where i do the pacifist run, although not counting the mini-boss part. beside of that i manage to avoid killing any enemy before facing the boss at the end of stages.

Stage 6 (Final)

Stunt Flying and Try to shoot down enemy as much as i can.

Other comments

After the End Credit the game instantly put player back to level one with all upgrade.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello Bloodyspare, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, your movie is not up to the standards of our site. The playaround does not give the impression that it is tool-assisted at all, and the movie just lacks the technical requirements in order to be published on the site. Because of this, I'm rejecting this run.
For any future attempts, I recommend you first post works-in-progress of your runs in the respective topic in the forums. Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4008: bloodyspare's NES Lifeforce "Superplay" in 26:18.22
Quick-encode: Link to video
All syllogisms have three parts, therefore this is not a syllogism.
QuizmasterBos
He/Him
Haven't watched it yet, but reading the submission text and seeing the title tells me it's not going to be that good. In a TAS you don't accidentally do things, if you do a pacifist run you do exactly that. Score a kill while TASing? Rerecord it. Don't let it sit there. Also, Superplay is what a TAS is, there's no need to add this as a branch. So, from what I can understand in the submission text is that this is a failed attempt at succesfully completing a pacifist run, making it not optimized. I'll see the run before voting and probably giving more comments, but you aren't giving yourself a very good start, I'm sorry to say. Please read up on the rules and ask questions about your run. Also, post in the appropriate thread and if it doesn't exist, make one. The thread you should see is here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=929
looks like played in real time without any slowdowns. (
Player (70)
Voting no on this. I think it's a cool game, and it can probably be made to look great. I think you (Bloodyspare) should make another try at it. Use more re-records to pull off better stunts. Not sure if 371 re-records is enough in this game to make it look cool. Cheat death - I.e. Play around closer to the enemies, jam your selves into the walls (or make it look like), dodge bullets on the very last frame possible. Don't make it obvious that you miss shots. I don't mind if you want to shoot 2000 shots into a wall or if you want to syncronize your shooting with the music and stuff like that. But when you obviously miss an enemy it just looks sloppy. Right now this TAS only looks like a speedrun with a turbo rate on the fire button. Maybe move around your ship in a pattern to create a message or something like this. Also, this game allows two players to play at one time. Maybe you should consider to aim for the secondary goal/feature of one player controls two ships? There is plenty room for improvements, and as of that I will cast a vote of NO. Keep up the hard work, and don't give up. Post WIP's in the NES-thread early on to get feedback on what to do, and not to do. Cheers!
had to say no vote to this I would love to see this done with maybe a different play involved not part 1 way then part another especially when you hit some enemies then miss others in the same level. Honestly don't give up trying the game is fun but I hate to say it it looks like something that I would play with the turbo pad on a regular playthrough also how is it really a superplay when that is the basis of a tas? keep trying don't give up ok
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
No vote. This run doesn't represent any superplay. It was boring to watch, no entertainment and not artful at all. The TAS is also not optimized at all. Try to TAS this game again, but put more effort into it.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
QuizmasterBos
He/Him
Watched a bit of the run. Confirmed my suspicions. Most of the first level was just straight flying, no perfect circles, nothing super special. So your attempt at stunt flying was marginal at best. Also, you had a variety of useless and missed shots, which looks sloppy and deters from the run. My advice is to watch adelikat's Gradius run to get a better idea of how to TAS a space shooter: http://tasvideos.org/1324S.html
Active player (306)
No vote for all the already given reasons. First hint: use frame advance ^^ Playing in real time for most (or all?) of the run is not a good idea at all, especially for this kind of game, where you have to entertain the viewer at all time. Too much missed shots, without following a pattern or anything to justify it... And when it's easy to see just by watching the encode that the run is not optimized (the bosses for example), that seals the deal. Hone your TASing skills by maybe doing only the first stage and then ask for feedback and hints on it. But remember that you have to entertain, make some kind of art, with a game like that; create some interesting moments and vary the show. This run lacks a lot of technical AND "art" value. ...But I have to thank you for giving me the occasion to listen to the stage 2 music again, it's been a while :)
Editor, Skilled player (1172)
When I saw this thread's title, I got scared for a moment. Did the world just slip by and produced something decent without a single acknowledgment to my prior efforts? Turns out the responses here indicate low effort. I'll be watching the run at some point, though. I recommend poking about this thread, at least. I made a WIP in FCEUX using the JPN version. Only beats the first stage, but hopefully you see what I'm doing with the two players while waiting for the scrolling. I don't have much more to say, aside from the fact I'm responding to the general responses and this game showing up in the submission list. I'll take the time to watch the run. ... Seeing that old thread is reminding me of my old efforts...
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry