Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a freerun which aims to provide entertainment to people.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.1
  • Uses Wall jumps
  • Gets close to death for entertainment
  • Uses a mushroom glitch
Also both deaths were on purpose.
Enjoy the run! :)

Nach: Canceling as this does not complete the game. Please see discussion for more details.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4032: Buddybenj's NES Super Mario Bros in 00:53.36
Experienced player (703)
I liked some parts, but else was not very entartaining. Sorry but .. no :/
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Ultimately, even if it is entertaining, it doesn't complete the game. That's a pretty big requirement for the movies at TASVideos... if the game has a clear end goal, then you need to meet it. Sorry.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Voted no for multiple reasons, as this obviously doesn't meet the standard on this site.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
It's suboptimal and doesn't complete the game, which goes against two big site rules. You need to read up on the Wiki: Rules before submitting a run like this. Voting No.
Glitcher
He/Him
You're kidding, right? This was not entertaining at all.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Thanks for choosing to submit. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, this does not meet the stringent requirements set out by this site for submissions. But that's not a bad thing. I see potential laying underneath this. I see someone who is eager to give it a shot and wants to ultimately entertain and amaze. Please take this not as rejection, but take it as merely a stepping stone. TAS's can take a long time to ever reach the heights required, but if you're willing to be patient, to read all you can and soak it in and learn... you definitely will be able to find that game to which you will connect with and trip the lights fantastic. Please don't give up. Many who have found success have found numerous failures before that. They just never gave up, and that makes the difference. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Glitcher
He/Him
^^^ No, no, no! That's not how it works. You're supposed to tell the guy that his run sucks balls and he should never submit another TAS again. Sheesh!
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Glitcher wrote:
^^^ No, no, no! That's not how it works. You're supposed to tell the guy that his run sucks balls and he should never submit another TAS again. Sheesh!
Oh you.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Buddybenj
He/Him
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
I see potential laying underneath this. I see someone who is eager to give it a shot and wants to ultimately entertain and amaze. Please take this not as rejection, but take it as merely a stepping stone. TAS's can take a long time to ever reach the heights required, but if you're willing to be patient, to read all you can and soak it in and learn... you definitely will be able to find that game to which you will connect with and trip the lights fantastic. Please don't give up. Many who have found success have found numerous failures before that. They just never gave up, and that makes the difference. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Thank you I'll try to continue this TAS. Since this is my first TAS it obviously isn't very good (I never used frame by frame or RAM watch). I just thought I would submit is to TASvideos.
Projects: Interested in TASing N64 Mario Golf. GBA Mario Tennis: Power Tour is on hold.
Patashu
He/Him
TASvideos is not designed to be a repository of every possible TAS ever made, only TASes fulfilling certain objectives (high levels of optimization, beat all known existing records for a category OR is a highly entertaining playaround that still beats the game, can be played back by other people, etc) By all means TAS all you like, post TASes in the topic for the game on tasvideos, upload them to youtube, whatever you want - but if you submit it to TASvideos it needs to meet those criteria. Have fun :)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Expert player (2453)
Keep trying and your skill will be improved. I'm sure you'll do better next time. :)
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Buddybenj
He/Him
HappyLee wrote:
Keep trying and your skill will be improved. I'm sure you'll do better next time. :)
Thank you. Also when your lowest score TAS got rejected that must have been painful because you looked like you worked so hard on it. You did 38625 re-records!
Projects: Interested in TASing N64 Mario Golf. GBA Mario Tennis: Power Tour is on hold.
YoungJ1997lol
He/Him
Player (53)
Um...sorry, vote no. Just because you TAS'd something don't mean you can just submit it to TASVideos. If you wanna keep TASing, by all means do so. But before you submit it, I highly agree with Patashu. Oh, and I'm not sure if I'm the first to say this, but welcome to TASVideos!
So yea, how's it going? Currently TASing: Nothing
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Buddybenj wrote:
HappyLee wrote:
Thank you. Also when your lowest score TAS got rejected that must have been painful because you looked like you worked so hard on it. You did 38625 re-records!
It was painful to reject too. It was a nice run. But ultimately, too many alternative objectives is not what the audience wants.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
Buddybenj
He/Him
Thank you for your feedback. I have just continued this TAS and uploaded it as a WIP. I will continue to upload WIP's until I beat the game. I hope you like the WIP.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
Buddybenj wrote:
Thank you for your feedback. I have just continued this TAS and uploaded it as a WIP. I will continue to upload WIP's until I beat the game. I hope you like the WIP.
I think you should try a different game for a freerun. This game has been TASed so much that almost nothing is impressive anymore. You can certainly use your WIP to practice how to TAS.
Expert player (2453)
Buddybenj wrote:
HappyLee wrote:
It's probably not a good goal to create a entertaining TAS. Although it got rejected here, it became the second most-watched TAS in China for some reasons... :)
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Patashu
He/Him
If you want to make a playaround of a mario game, I recommend Super Mario World. There are an INSANE number of glitches and you could never run out of ways to exploit them if you know enough (see http://www.youtube.com/user/nathanisbored/videos , Some Guy's SMW Challenge series , the game resources page for SMW, ...)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu