-FCE Ultra Emulation
-Damage to save time
-Speed-run
-The previous author described the game just fine - the objective of the game is to collect all of Freddy's bones in the game, defeat him in the final stage, Elm Street High, and toss his bones into the furnace. There are several mini-bosses throughout the game, all of which you need to fight again in the final stage before taking on Freddy.
-There is nothing hard about this game. This movie is 3:06 faster than the currently published movie for one simple reason - the boss battles are way faster. Obviously, he wasn't aware that the "Dream Warriors" can be accessed at the end of every stage once the music changes and the boss appears. This also eliminates the necessity to wait for that extensive period of time to slip into the dream sequence, which he clearly thought was the only way to use the Dream Warriors during the final battles. Overall, the dream sequence in the stage only saves one reverse jump, hardly worth the wait. Other than this large oversight, there were only about 10-12 errors in the original movie.
Ironically, the first two bosses are the most difficult to defeat fast. The rest fall easy. I had an unlucky spawn with the third boss, but I used all three warriors rather than the simple "Acrobat" to make up for the time I would have lost.

Phil: I have decided to publish it since it's 3 minutes faster than Jackic did.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #438: -ziplock-'s NES A Nightmare on Elm Street in 16:31.93
Former player
Hey, this was pretty cool. A couple questions, though: - Why don't you jump down ledges when you need to go down? - There are a lot of awkward-seeming pauses here. Are they truly necessary? Thanks, Josh.
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Former player
I fell down ledges when there was a bone underneath me to collect, and I'm not aware of any strange pauses - only 4 hits per stage and dying takes a butt-ton of time, so sometimes I had to wait out an enemy for a split second, but I attacked as often as possible.
Former player
Ah, I didn't know you could only take 4 hits. Makes more sense now, thanks. But what I meant was, if you need to go down somewhere, it's usually better to jump down rather than fall. Time it so that you drop off during your descent from the jump, then go back the other way or whatever else you need to do. This is how it works in most games, and it seems like this one isn't any different. Maybe I'm wrong, though. *shrug* -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
desynced for me at the first boss. correct rom and everything so i dunno whats up with it.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [248] NES A Nightmare on Elm Street "1 player" by -ziplock- in 16:31.93
It also desynced for me at the first boss. I have the (USA) version. You did use FCEU 0.98.12 right? edit: found the problem. You must use FCEU 0.98.13 to play this video.
Active player (410)
Encoded using FCEU 0.98.12. So, you were using wrong ROM that makes it work good using 0.98.13 :P or some settings de/activated that makes the movie to desync under 0.98.12.
Banned User, Player (142)
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks