Submission Text Full Submission Page
Game objectives
  • Emulator used: Dolphin 4.0.2
  • Genre: Fighting
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Speed/Entertaiment trade off
  • Luck manipulation
Techniques
  • Enemy control: Hmmm... hard to say. It depend every actions/movent/time in game.
  • Counter Attack: when counter acttack (red flash), it'll make high damage and enemy will get little stun for me make combos
  • Speed/Entertaiment trade off: I have sacrifice little speed for change every ring out style
Taki isn't best character for beat game in fastest time.But I made this for gift to a my friend, the one teach me play this game, Taki is his main character played :D

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4174: NhatNM's GC SoulCalibur II in 03:10.93
Experienced player (703)
I watched, I don't found it entairtaining because everytime all you do is ring out. But quality is good so I'll vote meh
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
short and sweet, but the combos in the "no ring out rounds" seems too short and the "one step" pauses break the pace... maybe can you do longer or more technical air juggle combos ?
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
can't make long combos in air, because this game allow can roll in air. Then they will dodge attacks my combos used can't dodge
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
I'm kind of confused why you made a submission right away instead of showing in your topic for more suggestions until it gets the greenlight to submit.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I have think pretty much this. This game don't many combos can show, don't have good glitch too I played this game around years, then I know about it not bad And I want sent my gift to my friend :P
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
xxNKxx wrote:
I have think pretty much this. This game don't many combos can show, don't have good glitch too I played this game around years, then I know about it not bad And I want sent my gift to my friend :P
Well if that is the case. It's just best to settle with going for fastest time. If there is nothing much the game can offer for entertainment then it seems like the safest option.
Former player
私は似ている映画をniconicoで見た。変化を感じられないのでMehに投票した I saw the alike movie by niconico. Since change could not be felt, its vote was cast for Meh.
Operation related to TAS of N64/GC/Wii/PS2 emulator is often investigated.
Player (131)
Cooljay wrote:
Well if that is the case. It's just best to settle with going for fastest time. If there is nothing much the game can offer for entertainment then it seems like the safest option.
There's a skating ringout at 2:20 and some of the double-outs are kind of bizarre, I think a playaround with this would have some potential. This kind of suffers from not having a clear goal. It's using a suboptimal character and probably suboptimal completions (given the constant approach changes), but also rushes through each fight. There's enough potential in both that I think something interesting could be made by either focusing on speed or making a playaround, but as-is, it seems like a missed opportunity. It's a lot better than the recent wave of Scorpion MKs though! Voted Meh.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I think I agree with oneeighthundred, where a run with a slightly more consistent goal would work well here. I do think, though, that this is still a fairly good amount of variety for all the quick victories, including a couple fights where you actually do drain the opponent's life. Hopefully this makes a nice gift for your friend, but this probably isn't the right SC2 run to get published.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
If it's not going for fastest time or entertainment, then uh...
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
mklip2001 wrote:
Hopefully this makes a nice gift for your friend, but this probably isn't the right SC2 run to get published.
Thanks! I just hope this will get accept it's a TAS About best speed, I need make on other charatcer with a terrible tactic like MK2 I did (the run most ppl don't want watch more than 2 times). I'm so sorry that's not my target. I'll do it if this got beat by anyone Edit: Can this become to a character tag like TAS's SF series?
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I don't think so; you're clearly going for "as fast as possible" in this, despite using a suboptimal character for that goal. (Almost) all of the Street Fighter runs we've published focus on entertainment. EDIT: That having been said, I DID enjoy this, but I'm torn on whether it's publishable or not. It's not the bleeding-edge fastest time, so it's ineligible for the Vault, and it does get repetitive very quickly, which hurts the entertainment. If this went to Moons, it would probably wind up being fairly low-rated.
Previous Name: boct1584
I'm gonna go ahead and throw in a yes vote for this. Think there's any possibility of a all missions TAS for weapon master mode?
My user name is rather long, feel free to call me by htwt or tape.
Player (131)
xxNKxx wrote:
About best speed, I need make on other charatcer with a terrible tactic like MK2 I did (the run most ppl don't want watch more than 2 times). I'm so sorry that's not my target. I'll do it if this got beat by anyone
I agree with you, but I think the right thing to do would be just ditch the speed goal and make a playaround. That would also give you the freedom to do more of what you want to do (and what this run does well, when it's doing it), which is make something that's very technical, entertaining, and varied without rushing to hit a speed record. Compare to something like the N64 MK4 playaround, which is another campaign playthrough: http://tasvideos.org/1387S.html
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
I thought it was reasonably entertaining. A bit repetitive, for sure, but it's only 3 minutes long, so that didn't really detract from it, IMO.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
oneeighthundred wrote:
Compare to something like the N64 MK4 playaround, which is another campaign playthrough: http://tasvideos.org/1387S.html
About combos in this games. You can see this: (note victim location on the air) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUT83vg-QH0 Almost it's exuberant performances, unreal, can't use because enemy will dodge all This game have allow players can roll when get a hit on the air. It mean when enemy get first hit, they can roll in the air for escape or dodge attacks (sometimes with mistake, they can roll to ring out). That why best combos in this game almost are simple but have strongly Back my run, I can control enemy for attacks but for received full combos are impossible. With my simple combos, if repeat every times then will you feel entertaiment? Without combos, just use hacks and slashs simple, then it feel good? In fact, I tried change tactics and actions in every round, maybe it's too fast then you can't feel it
Former player
No Link? I'm disappointed :( voted meh :(
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I played this game on PS2 only. It don't have Link, then I don't have any exp with him :)
Sorry, but I was bored. This looked like normal play besides the lack of blocked hits. If you want to go for entertainment, use a character with a more diverse moveset. Prehaps Ivy or Voldo?
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
are you mean need dancing more than? Taki is character have most skills/commands in game, I didn't use them because I need optimize speed...
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
By the 4th character, I was losing interest since it was nothing but ring outs. Way too predictable and not entertaining. Sorry. Other fighting game TASes (like the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat ones) have done much better. Voting no.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
At best, I have to give this video a meh. It's pretty solid and very fast, but it doesn't show off a lot of what the game can do. I know Soul Calibur 2 doesn't have a lot of combos to show off, and extended juggles are risky, but I feel like a 2p playaround for entertainment would be very fun to watch... especially for someone like me who grew up enjoying this game.
If extended juggles are difficult and risky, I feel like that's all the more reason to be performing them. This isn't optimized completely for speed, nor entertainment, so I don't feel like it should go through.
Player (131)
xxNKxx wrote:
Almost it's exuberant performances, unreal, can't use because enemy will dodge all This game have allow players can roll when get a hit on the air. It mean when enemy get first hit, they can roll in the air for escape or dodge attacks (sometimes with mistake, they can roll to ring out). That why best combos in this game almost are simple but have strongly
Keep in mind that the main advantage of long combos against humans, that they prevent the opponent from responding, means very little in a TAS where you can manipulate the response. If you're aiming for speed, you can end a combo with weak later attacks early to start another front-loaded one earlier. If you're aiming for entertainment, you can use weak ones to drag the fight out, do clever followups (i.e. in the N64 MK4 I linked, I'm pretty sure the second fireball at 2:38 was blockable), and toy with the AI.