Submission Text Full Submission Page
Pokemon Adventure is a pirated game made in China on the Game Boy by Yong Yong. This was originaly called Sonic 3D Blast 5 and then released as Sonic Adventure 7, and the graphics are really inspired from the Sonic the Hedgehog games. The physics in them were HORRIBLE, and the music was even worse. Now this version, which this time is inspired by Pokémon and stars Pikachu, goes through 5 levels with a little upgrade in graphics and sound, but the game's terrible gameplay and bugs are still present.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VisualBoyAdvance rr v24 svn422 (NOT Bizhawk because of the desyncs.)
  • Main objective: Entertain with a TAS of a horrible unlicensed game
  • Heavily abuses from the programming errors in the game
  • Focuses more on the in game timer instead of real time.
  • Saves time by taking damage.
  • Survive the horrificness of this game and the making of this movie...
  • GOTTA GO FAST

Comments

Entertaining movie for a Terrible game... Yeah... and its hard as hell.

Stage by stage comments

Stage 1:

This stage was the one with I discovered all of the tricks in the game. I improved this one twice and the tricks were later used in the rest of the stages. The spikes can hit you twice and kill you instantly (and thats the worst part of the game.)

Stage 2:

The use of the spin dash was more used in here than the rest of the stages. This is because the stage got more straight routes than the others. The stages also includes those annoying fireflies (which looks like an enemy from Megaman) and those fuckers are hard to avoid.

Stage 3:

Koopas and those cute Megaman guys are introduced now, and a maze like stage too. I got to get the physics of Pikachu's jumps to continue through this one for those very very accurate jumps. Holding the B button (yes B and not A, which is ridiculous BTW) you control the height of Pikachu while jumping... and again, is VERY hard to do.

Stage 4:

This one is more focused on the jumping and being hit than before, and the placing of enemies here is the worst in the whole game. This required being hit and a lot, and spindashing too.

Final Stage:

Lava pits replace spikes and work just the same... Except for those stupid fireballs. Its kind of a maze again and again required a lot of precise jumps.

Other comments

You would want to see a terrible game beaten in 5 minutes? Well this TAS is just for you... Regularly, this game can be beaten in 40 minutes due to the horrible gameplay, or even you'll never beat it because of your raging and breaking your Game Boy.
This movie could be improved if someone could find a game breaking glitch or something. Someone could also find a better route for the spindash, which I still haven't found yet.
Suggested Screenshots: 1374/4376/8686/14476
Good day!

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This run is poorly optimized, as demonstrated in the discussion thread. It seems to have been rushed out quite quickly, as the whole run was created over the span of one evening, and the author did not wait for feedback on his WIPs before submitting. Rejecting due to being quite suboptimal.
A helpful tip for the future: take your time when working on a run. Without rushing, you can optimize your TASing work much better, and you could get constructive feedback before submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4317: dekutony's GBC Pokémon Adventure in 05:01.59
Active player (471)
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
I didn't really find this entertaining. Voting no.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
I couldn’t last more than a minute, and it doesn’t look optimized either
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2122)
It isn't optimized. Less time needs to be spent jumping since it almost completely kills your forward speed. Other routes should be tested instead of just winging a route through the entire game. That being said, the way the game runs doesn't really chalk up to a game I could consider entertaining. The controls are bad and because of that, even a completely 100% optimized run would just look sloppy and unoptimized. Voting no.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
I agree w/ Alacorn that your running strategy doesn't appear to be optimized. For instance, there were spots where you jumped on enemies when it looked like you could have damage boosted, instead. Can the spindash only be used when you're hit? All in all, it was alright for what it was (a sub-par pirated game). I gave it a 'meh' vote. edit: I also noticed that you posted your WIPs on the homepage pretty fast. It would've been better to seek feedback in the forums, first, before submitting.
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Just went ahead to check something. Damage abusing correctly can make you move a bit faster than running.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (630)
Spikestuff wrote:
Just went ahead to check something. Damage abusing correctly can make you move a bit faster than running.
Can you please explain that in the thread of the game?
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Spikestuff
They/Them
Kurabupengin wrote:
Can you please explain that in the thread of the game?
Uh... no, because you went willy nilly and completed a TAS without it getting it verified.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2122)
Yeah, from the look of it you just kinda knocked out the entire run in a couple hours without waiting or asking for any input. Maybe you should try collaborating with someone on your next run? The ability to have immediate feedback and a second eye would probably help immensely.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Experienced player (630)
Samsara wrote:
Yeah, from the look of it you just kinda knocked out the entire run in a couple hours without waiting or asking for any input. Maybe you should try collaborating with someone on your next run? The ability to have immediate feedback and a second eye would probably help immensely.
How...?
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Kurabupengin wrote:
Samsara wrote:
How...?
Posting WIPs in the forums.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Former player
This game looks painfully slow, I guess this wouldn't change even with absolutely perfect optimization. Voting no, sorry, this isn't entertaining at all.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
It's not entertaining enough for Moons, and I don't think the game is notable enough to have an exception made to allow it in the Vault. Voting No.
Previous Name: boct1584
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
wait, dekutony is Kurabupengin…?
Eszik
He/Him
TASeditor wrote:
Kurabupengin wrote:
Samsara wrote:
How...?
Posting WIPs in the forums.
Actually he did. He just didn't wait for any feedback before going ahead.
I problably made mistakes, sorry for my bad English, I'm French :v
Experienced player (630)
ALAKTORN wrote:
wait, dekutony is Kurabupengin…?
Well, yes! What about it?
Former player
Why is your nickname Kurabupengin instead of dekutony then?
Experienced player (630)
Brushy wrote:
Why is your nickname Kurabupengin instead of dekutony then?
I thought using my normal nickname was kinda overused by me and I thought that it could be a dozenware nickname, so I used this one instead.
Pokota
He/Him
I'm handing this a meh vote. I've played this game and most of the entertainment factor is in trying to puzzle out what resources got stolen from where; with that said, regardless of the optimization or lack thereof of the submission, it looks unoptimized.
Adventures in Lua When did I get a vest?
Samtastic
He/Him
Player (60)
This one looks like it's going in the gurefood.
Enjoys speedrunning, playing and TASing Oddworld games! Has TASed: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee in 12.06.13 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Adventures II in 20.03.78 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 100% in 2:08:28.4 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:05:01.65 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 37:18 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 37:15 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 100% in 2:!5.44.12 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee any% in 13:01.3 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee any% in 12:59.95 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:04:16.27 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:04:01.07 Currently working on: Waiting for Windows TAS Tools to work so I can TAS PC version of Exoddus.
Voting meh because it looks unoptimized :\
Spikestuff
They/Them
2 things I'm shocked about: 1. Bizhawk desync. I did a test and it synced 2. Using an older version of vba Anyways. No vote, unoptimal as proven by another user.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
Experienced player (630)