Submission Text Full Submission Page
things in this run youll see: tons of jumping people coming out of pipes goombas with sunglasses nighttime in World 1-1 and more if you don't see me go to World 8-4 is because it is clarified as "impossible" because no matter what pipes you take or glitches you do the games data is scripted to be "infinite" so there is no way of "beating the game"

Noxxa: Cleared up game name and claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: I am cancelling rejecting your run again. To see why, read this forum post.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4394: kusoman's NES All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. in 04:59.62
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
Hello kusoman. Your attempt is better than last time, but still far from good enough. There are still a few issues:
  • There are still many obvious pauses, as well as bumping into walls, which slows you down a lot. It seems you learned from last time and fixed many problems, but you didn't seem to bother fixing it completely.
  • This is a arguably not a publishable game choice, as the game is just a hack of the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 game, and every stage in this run except 8-4 is identical to Super Mario Bros. (8-4 being from SMB2 instead).
  • You do not finish the game, as the movie stops at the start of 8-4. You mention the stage is infinite, which is false - it is a maze like some other Super Mario Bros. levels, and requires you to take specific paths to progress. You seem to not have noticed this. Look at a Super Mario Bros. 2 JPN run such as this, and see how HappyLee clears 8-4 in that run, which is the same stage as in this run. This cancelled submission of this exact game also shows how to clear the stage. Without such knowledge even just on how to finish the game, how do you expect to make a good speedrun of it?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
I see.... ill try to fix this
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
this game is actually not a hack
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
kusoman wrote:
Going have to agree with that. It was a raffle prize for a radio show called All Night Nippon and it was published by Fuji Television.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Okay... now lets have a look at the input shall w-. What in the world? Okay I'll explain it. In FCEUX there is a TAS Editor located under Tools. It shows your inputs in a keyboard roll. These red boxes are known as Lag Frames. These are frames where you cannot put any input. To see if you're in lag frames while TASing go to Config > Display > Lag Counter What surprises me is you actually got the input to start the game (784) correct. Your movement in this game starts at frame 944 (Judging if you hit start at 784). It's also missing the common trick which is used in Mario Bros. to get to top speed.
R L
R L A
Rx19
No Input
R B
L
R A
Rx7
13 No Input
B R
Something like that. Here's a comparison between my input and yours for 1-1: Link to video I think my ingame time is equal to HappyLee's Mario Bros. Probably slower by a few frames or same. shrugs
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
my fault for saying "infinite" 8-4 i used as placeholder message while i was recording it i just remember after that the recording got cut off after world 8-3 i didn't notice that i pressed something and sayed "Movie Finished Playing" or somthin like that my bad.
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Spikestuff
They/Them
Shoutouts to Longplays.org and the user ScHlAuChi. Shoutouts to The Mushroom Kingdom For the Map on 8-4: and yes it is similar to 8-4 on Lost Levels:
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
kusoman wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
Going have to agree with that. It was a raffle prize for a radio show called All Night Nippon and it was published by Fuji Television.
True, it was officially published, but it's still pretty much a hack. That's why I said it's arguably not a publishable game choice - if it were a regular, not-officially released hack it definitely wouldn't be publishable.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
26 levels are taken from the original game with different power up placements. The platforms are narrow staring in 5-2. 5-3 is lifted from 4-3 of Lost Levels. 5-4 is lifted from 2-4 of Lost Levels. 6-4 is lifted from 4-4 of Lost Levels. 7-2 is lifted from 6-2 of Lost Levels. 7-3 is lifted from 6-3 of Lost Levels. 8-4 is lifted from 8-4 of Lost Levels. The extra worlds (A thru D) have levels lifted from Lost Levels. There is no world 9. Only the extra worlds have upside-down pipes. 11 levels are taken from the extra worlds of Lost Levels/ B-1 is lifted from 5-1 of Lost Levels. B-3 is lifted from 3-3 of Lost Levels. C-3 is lifted from 7-3 of Lost Levels. C-4 is lifted from 7-4 of Lost Levels. D-1 is lifted from 8-1 of Lost Levels. Altogether makes it 48 levels. The mazes in 4-4 and 7-4 are different 4-4, it's the BOTTOM path before the TOP branch. 7-4, stay at the TOP until you're in the middle of the second maze, take the MIDDLE then the BOTTOM at the end. The Arcade version has a similar twist. 1-4 is lifted from 1-4 of Lost Levels. 2-4 is lifted from 1-4 and 6-4 of the original. 3-2 is lifted from 2-2 of Lost Levels. The platforms are narrow starting in 4-2. 4-4 is lifted from 5-4 of the original. 5-3 is lifted from 6-3 of the original. 6-3 is lifted from 4-3 of Lost Levels. 6-4 is lifted from 5-4 of Lost Levels. 7-2 is lifted from 6-2 of Lost Levels. 7-3 is lifted from 6-3 of Lost Levels. There is no way to warp to world 8. The mazes in 7-4 is different. Take the bottom path then the TOP branch in the latter two of the first maze. Then take the BOTTOM then the TOP then the BOTTOM. Failure to do so makes the level unable to be completed.