Submission Text Full Submission Page
Essentially my first GOOD TAS, this run demonstrates funny things the AI does to trap itself in loops that anyone with a brain could get out of. Apologies for the off sync audio on the YT video, it's a problem with the built in recorder.
  • Emulator used: FBA 0.0.7
  • No damage
  • Fight Q
  • M.S.F. rank

Comments

• I need to figure out Alex's best method to destroy the car. As far as I can tell mashing jab works best.
  • This is my first TAS that I consider good enough to submit. Keep in mind I'm new to TASing, so I'd appreciate some constructive criticism from anyone who has some!

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello mrmelongod, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, your playaround submission was not well received by the audience. The act of just waiting for the AI opponent to do something and punishing with the same types of moves repeatedly gets repetitive and boring very quickly. Things that look impressive to the audience such as extensive combos or juggles are close to nonexistent.
For examples of playarounds that show off much more variety and other entertaining aspects such as long combos and juggles, take a look at playarounds of Twelve by SDR or Twelve by DevilAzite, which use Twelve's X.C.O.P.Y. to showcase combos and tricks from many different characters in a single playthrough. That is the kind of tool-assisted playaround that will continue to keep viewers interested and entertained.
Rejecting due to poor entertainment feedback on a playaround run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Glitcher
He/Him
I didn't find this interesting. AI manipulation is commonplace in a TAS, but it's usually for the purpose of speed or performing outrageous tricks, not plodding around with same moves over and over again. Totally forgettable.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
A little too repetitive, and the AI seems too weak/stupid to do anything interesting with. I didn’t dislike it though, so meh vote.
Active player (434)
weak,do a playaround like SDR or other fighing game TASers votin no.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Active player (434)
BTW,i suggest picking Twelve,Xcopy
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Since you have a full bar of meter in the car destruction, I'd be surprised if using at least one EX Flash Chop at the end wouldn't speed it up. Either way, it was massively repetitive. If you can't showcase a lot of interesting glitches or varied gameplay, it won't make for an interesting TAS outside of people who are very well-versed with the game.
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Btw. audio was slower than the video in the encoding.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Eh i vote no. Got old really fast. Also even though Alex is a Grappler, he is capable of a lot more than what was shown.
I think Fighting Game TASes get a really bad rap on this site, but this one wasn't the one to change everybody's mind. I echo TheReflexWonder (EX Flash Chop or EX Elbow Slash to end the car), and creaothceann's comments. I do think the Hugo rounds are a glimpse of what would make a solid TAS.
xRavenXP
He/Him
My vote: No. A TAS of fighting game needs more variety, combos or glithes. I don't see variety on this video. See more videos from Dark Fulgore, SDR or DarkNoob and use fun combos on your videos. Do again this video from beginning and try to put more features, this char is more capable than this.
I love games and love to record videos (longplays). Visit my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/xRavenXP
Editor, Expert player (2012)
Rather dull. Meh vote.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Patashu
He/Him
Tristal wrote:
I think Fighting Game TASes get a really bad rap on this site, but this one wasn't the one to change everybody's mind. I echo TheReflexWonder (EX Flash Chop or EX Elbow Slash to end the car), and creaothceann's comments. I do think the Hugo rounds are a glimpse of what would make a solid TAS.
We already have a lot of good fighting game TASes on the site. Most of them are under the Arcade section and are moons.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Whiffs for no reason, blocked attacks same, etc. Doesn't look like anything more than basic save states are used honestly.
Input not crisp--I can watch you do a half-circle motion very clearly, for instance. Very few opportunities taken for backthrows despite many opportunities being presented. Combos not ideal or even terribly flashy. Parries in a TAS are wholly uninteresting unless done in a profoundly uncommon way. All in all this looks more like a recording of someone playing with exploitation of savestates for personal amusement rather than chasing any particular goal. Voting no.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
grassini wrote:
do a playaround.
BOO~! Anyways, Meh vote. If I had knowledge on which character is the fastest to use my vote would be No. Since I don't I voted meh due to entertainment and having it follow a few other fighters that are Speed/Entertainment on TASVideos.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff wrote:
grassini wrote:
do a playaround.
BOO~! Anyways, Meh vote. If I had knowledge on which character is the fastest to use my vote would be No. Since I don't I voted meh due to entertainment and having it follow a few other fighters that are Speed/Entertainment on TASVideos.
I'm all but certain that Alex isn't the fastest, even if he was played well. Which this is not. But have one beating this time by quite a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zK5ozug7g
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Oh, thanks for that Tangent. So a faster run would use Sean. Time: 12:23.33 (for those who won't read the YouTube description) Also just noticed something wrong with this run using the Sean TAS for reasoning. You didn't end your input early there is no point for all that extra input. Also According to the encode it ends when your input ends. I'm not changing my vote but I wish there was more thought in the choice of characters. The Movement is poor, waiting about 3 seconds in-game time to attack Dudley instead of manipulating. Pausing your moves instead of going all out. Quite a number of errors in this TAS especially for a fighter. For an example on what I mean by checking for strongest + fastest character have a look at Tekken. A TAS came out with Law stupid knowledge on strongest character is King but a character who is broken in Tekken is Yoshimitsu with a quick move called Spinning Harakiri which can give an instant KO or 20% health remaining (Manipulation is always KO). I would like to know if there is a character in this Street Fighter who is faster if not than Sean is your choice. Edit: Wrong Word.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I don't think any character is the SF3 line is broken, but I agree with grassini; playing with Twelve and using the X.C.O.P.Y. super gauge, to transform into your opponent for a short time, has the best entertainment potential
Previous Name: boct1584
Spikestuff wrote:
Oh, thanks for that Tangent. So a faster run would use Sean. Time: 12:23.33 (for those who won't read the YouTube description) Also just noticed something wrong with this run using the Sean TAS for reasoning. You didn't end your input early there is no point for all that extra input. Also According to the encode it ends when your input ends. I'm not changing my vote but I wish there was more thought in the choice of characters. The Movement is poor, waiting about 3 seconds in-game time to attack Dudley instead of manipulating. Pausing your moves instead of going all out. Quite a number of errors in this TAS especially for a fighter. For an example on what I mean by checking for strongest + fastest character have a look at Tekken. A TAS came out with Law stupid knowledge on strongest character is King but a character who is broken in Tekken is Yoshimitsu with a quick move called Spinning Harakiri which can give an instant KO or 20% health remaining (Manipulation is always KO). I would like to know if there is a character in this Street Fighter who is broken if not than Sean is your choice.
I heavily doubt Sean is the fastest. Even on that run, there's quite a bit of playing around. There are quite a few TASes on Youtube using various characters. That was just the fastest on on a cursory search. I suspect Hugo or Akuma would be the fastest, but I'd honestly expect a TAS to use Twelve because hhe has a super that lets him morph into the other character for the whole entertainment thing since fastest in a fighter is kind of dumb.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Hmmm, not aim fastest, not aim entertaiment, not show long combos,etc... I don't know what thing he aim, tag "no damage" ? I'll vote No :(
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Tangent wrote:
I suspect Hugo or Akuma would be the fastest,
I think Makoto is pretty broken in this game. I remember her killing opponents within 3 combos or so.
I think it's great that you made a TAS, and I think you have a lot of potential here. Look at some of the other fighting game TASes. Show us some interesting combos, glitches, or make the CPU do incredibly boneheaded moves while you are showboating around. Maybe a few inside jokes like the full Diago parry setup, but against the CPU. The sky is the limit.
ALAKTORN wrote:
Tangent wrote:
I suspect Hugo or Akuma would be the fastest,
I think Makoto is pretty broken in this game. I remember her killing opponents within 3 combos or so.
Possibly. I think most of her regular combos without burning meter (which would be at a premium) are fairly weak though, and her juggles can be a bit slow. I'm honestly not sure. Those were just my gut guesses. Dudley's probably a top contender too.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... want more!