Editor, Active player (296)
Edit: false alert ;)
why?.
I am a Mega Man fan that hates Megaman X8.
Problems with the registrar of stc.cx. I don't know the details. nesvideos.stc.cx is (obviously) a subdomain of stc.cx, which is not in my administration. [Edit by Bisqwit: Although the content is obsolete, I updated the post text to make sense. It was changed by a script when the forum address changed.]
Active player (278)
Wow, and now nesvideos.stc.cx takes you to another rude page. [Edit by Bisqwit:I updated the post text to make sense. It was changed by a script when the forum address changed.]
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
The links from the submissions to "discuss this submission" still points to the old server. Possibly other links too if there are any.
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:25:50 +0200 (EET) From: Bisqwit To: <x>, <y> Subject: Re: What's up with bisqwit.stc.cx On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, <x> wrote: > What happened with your site? > has it something to do with a registration thingy? On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, <y> wrote: > What the heck is going on with the forums? First the stx domain was > down, then there was a new one on .info briefly, linked from the front > page. Now that one is down too, and the frontpage has reverted to its > old version, but without either the new link change or the reversion > showing up on the recent changes. Even says last changed on 2004-11-19 > 13:13:10, which is obviously not correct. Had you been at the IRC channel, you'd know because things have been explained there and there's always someone who can answer. What's going on is that the ISP of stc.cx, nic.cx had terminated stc.cx without any prior warning (due to expiration or something). Yesterday, it was restored momentarily but then it cut again. It is out of my control, so I can only recommend waiting patiently. The nesvideos.info domain was a momentary solution, but because bobwhoops didn't seem to like my decision (it's his domain) and also because it will expire in September and he doesn't have the will to extend it after that, I decided to not give it a "new permanent address" status. nesvideos.stc.cx and kanjidict.stc.cx are subdomains of stc.cx, but I have no administration over stc.cx. > What's the plan? If stc.cx still doesn't work at the weekend, I'll look into alternate solutions such as providing the address from under http://bisqwit.iki.fi/ which I do have control over. Currently, the workaround is to put this line into your "hosts" file: 194.29.195.223 bisqwit.iki.fi nesvideos.stc.cx And then restart the browser. In *nix systems, the file resides as /etc/hosts, and in Windows systems, it's found in c:\windows, c:\winnt, c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc or any of the hundred other locations you could only guess and try.
Things (URLs) changed yet again... The posts on this page might therefore look strange - they were automatically converted. Thanks for a few people on #nesvideos for convincing me this is the right choice :P
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Bisqwit wrote:
In *nix systems, the file resides as /etc/hosts, and in Windows systems, it's found in c:\windows, c:\winnt, c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc or any of the hundred other locations you could only guess and try.
*nix: /etc/hosts Win9x: %windir%\hosts.sam WinNT: %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Former player
Bisqwit wrote:
The nesvideos.info domain was a momentary solution, but because bobwhoops didn't seem to like my decision (it's his domain) and also because it will expire in September and he doesn't have the will to extend it after that, I decided to not give it a "new permanent address" status.
Oh, no, I don't really mind what you do with it. I was just surprised because I didn't know that you could make it point to the forums instead.
For the people who have added the line to their "hosts" file, it's important to know that the IP address will be changing within a few days. The new IP address will apparently be 194.29.198.4. Removing the line is probably a good idea. Edit: The IP has now changed.