Emulator used: fceu-0.98.12-blip.win

This 1 player warpless timeattack is very precise and abuses all sorts of luck, bugs and glitches in the game, also doing very daring maneuvers. Enjoy!

Description:

- 1 player, warpless
- As fast as possible
- Takes hits to manipulate luck on Dark Queen fight (but no damage)
- Highest score (999.999)

Features:

- Manipulates luck on various places to get enemies where it works better.
- High jump glitch used on the bike and on the surf board (aesthetics)
- Getting through walls trick used to gain some time, even though the checkpoints still need to be marked or else the game crashes (thats why i wait for the checkpoint after passing through the walls).
- Robo Manus fight luck manipulated to get as most downwards punches as possible.
- left + right glitch used on level 9 to skip helicopter and avoid rubber ducks
- Killing the racing rat on level 10 automatically ends the level (glitch).
- 25 lives left at the end of the game (none lost)

Phil: I'm pretty sure the file size will be big but now with archive.org, we can probably host the movie file there. I'm gonna encode it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #507: nesrocks's NES Battletoads "1p warpless" in 26:31.67
Former player
Can't think of a good reason to vote no. It's a minute faster, played much better, glitches...I vote yes.
Seems like you missed one puinch on a shark in the pipe levels. Excellent play otherwise. Definitive "yes."
"We observe the behaviour of simple folk, and derive pleasure from their defects." -Aristotle - Book of Humour
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
hmm punch on a shark? no i didnt? :S i didnt try to punch no sharks lol edit: there are only 2 punches on that level. one on the eletric eel (which is a successfull hit) and a punch at the very end of the level, in mid air to change directions while falling. the sharks i simply ignored.
I voted yes. Favourite part: waiting for the gears of doom beyond the walls, where they can't reach you.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
Show-off... Sorry, can't vote anything but yes. I was laughing a little through some parts of it. Bravo.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Very good, I love how you showed off, particularly on the bikes and snakes. The boss battles were very well done. Despite the obvious advantages of timeattacking, it's still easy to see that this is a tough game. One thing about the second level, it seems to pause for little bit everytime you hit a bird. You wouldn't be able to show off as much, but would it be faster if you went for minimal hits on the shaft? In the fire zone, you kill some enemies with ordinary punches while others get ramming headbuts and giant fists, taking longer. Any reason for differences? Also, is it any slower to put in the 5-life code in the beginning? It's not a button sequence, you just hold A B down when you hit start.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
TheAxeMan wrote:
Very good, I love how you showed off, particularly on the bikes and snakes. The boss battles were very well done. Despite the obvious advantages of timeattacking, it's still easy to see that this is a tough game.
Thanx, its a tough game indeed, but it can be learned through heavy training, unlike some games which i think are just impossible.
TheAxeMan wrote:
One thing about the second level, it seems to pause for little bit everytime you hit a bird. You wouldn't be able to show off as much, but would it be faster if you went for minimal hits on the shaft?
yea i think it would be faster, but its ok to sacrifice some frames, level 2 would look boring without the playing around with crows.
TheAxeMan wrote:
In the fire zone, you kill some enemies with ordinary punches while others get ramming headbuts and giant fists, taking longer. Any reason for differences?
thats because they need to not be in the same horizontal direction for that to work. when the enemies are on the same horizontal direction i have to use strong punches.
TheAxeMan wrote:
Also, is it any slower to put in the 5-life code in the beginning? It's not a button sequence, you just hold A B down when you hit start.
hmm its not slower, but why would i do that? (i think it can be changed by hex editing, wouldnt change anything in the gameplay ramdomness, but is it wanted?
Former player
Enjoyable, I had the hardest time getting past the bikes back in the day.
Former player
Fan freakin' tastic.
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [284] NES Battletoads "warpless, 1 player" by nesrocks in 26:31.67
Post subject: how to run the files
hewy how do i run fceu-0.98.12-blip.win files in a fceu ultra emulator? plz tell all the information
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Skilled player (1404)
No AVI?
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)