Submission Text Full Submission Page
At first thank for everyone who work for found this strat (Brock throug Wall , faint trainer fly , warp ) This run try to beat the game without save corrupt (SRAM Glitch)

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Emulator used: BizHawk 1.11.1
  • This run try to beat the game without save corrupt ( SRAM Glitch)

Comments

I'm not really good for explain the brock throug wall so i will link the movie by MrWint who helped me so much #4416: MrWint's GB Pokémon: Red Version in 22:02.94
My route is inspired of this topic Forum/Topics/2352

Thanks to you

Route

• This run can be better , i will try beat my time

Pallet town

• Charmander's Dv are manipulated , i need them for the Brock through Walls , look the link for explain
  • It's faster losing but it s so hard to get 4 missed growl so i choice the critical hit

Viridian City

• I take the potion , but finaly i think it s faster to buy this in pewper shop :(

Viridian Forest

• Beat the bug catcher

Pewter city

• Time to shopping , i need 6 item in my inventory for underflow and warp after
  • The selected start menu item is set to "save" in preparation of the Brock Skip glitch
  • After Brock skip glitch go talk to the guy at right of him , Brock trough wall started , walk to Saffron

Saffron

• The Pokecenter is used to set the warp location for the faint trainer fly.

Route 6

• I start a fight with wild pokemon in same time the fight with bug catcher and loose my battle , trainer fly setup

Saffron

• I go dojo for loose the first fight , which will setup my missingno
  • After back to Pokecenter , i need put potion to 6th slot for have 255 when i will catch missingno

Missingno fight

• I need use two potion for get 255 and catch him with red bar on charmander , cause the cry is so long if im not red bar.

Warp

• I go inside the house and start the warp .

• Here what i do
  • Potion 255 6th slot swap with the 4th slot , and i toss the new 6th slot
  • I toss the 1 , 2 ,3 slot item , 255 potions and for finish 243 potions
  • I swap stack of 255 potion on the first slot 3 time and underflow the inventory
  • Swap TM with Masterball , Toss 80 TM and warp to hall of fame

Noxxa: Judging.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Spikestuff wrote:
Uh, Okay... Temping. Sorry, let me first Spike your input before I get to the temping. Temping will come as soon as possible when the Spike is complete. Also Calling to Claim for publication if this gets accepted.
You've been Spiked, mate: User movie #24590853411778889 Don't worry about this, the judge will switch the files around you don't have to cancel it. Anyways, creating that temp. Link to video Also something written in MrWint's TAS: Version Choice Both the Red and Blue version work for the chosen route, and there are only very minor time differences between them. I chose the Red version merely for convenience, since the needed Weedle encounters are more frequent in Red, plus minor time savings in having a faster intro sequence and having a shorter default player name.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Hey , thank for the fix , I dont understand what you want say with the Version choice but i choice the blue version cause it was an abra run when i started my TAS and this is going to an abra-less run but ive keep the start version blue , as say the faster intro sequence desynch my TAS if i swap
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
From the judging comments on MrWint's currently published run:
Mothrayas wrote:
While there may be an improvement incoming that uses a glitched warp, it will have to be seen when that is submitted whether that would obsolete this run, or whether this run would remain as "no warp glitch", like primo's current run is now.
So the question will arise now: do we keep the previous publication as a "no warp glitch", or should it be obsoleted by this run (or an improved version of this run)?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
If the question is for me i dont know .
d-feather
He/Him
So it seems you've based this run off of Shenanagans and Keizaron's blindfolded race during SGDQ '15. I'll watch this later today, and then I'll vote. EDIT: Now that I've watched it, I've noticed several mistakes right off the bat. - IIRC, it's weirdly a few frames faster to go to the options after the game starts. That is, after you name yourself and your rival. - Also IIRC, before you start moving in some areas, try bumping into a wall one frame before you start moving. It's somehow faster by a teeny bit. - When naming the Charmander, I noticed that you were in a bit of a rush while naming it A. I saw you delete it and then re-enter it before finishing up with its name. Is this for RNG manipulation? - Why didn't you manipulate more criticals against the last Trainer's Weedle in Viridian Forest? - You should've immediately opened your menu and moved the cursor to Save before doing Brock Through Walls; it's faster to do that there instead of when you're a step away from triggering the event where the guy drags you to the city's Gym. - You performed a reset a little too late for TAS standards. From what I remember, MrWint immediately reset after the "Now saving..." box disappeared. - You don't really have to weaken a Pokémon before trying to catch it, so why did you weaken MISSINGNO. before catching it? - Isn't it possible to press B when shown a yes/no prompt to immediately say no? Aside from those mistakes, this is a pretty good improvement when it comes to time. Weak yes vote.
:shrug: I'm more active on Twitter nowadays: @HunterCoates5
Editor
Well, Pokemon Red/Blue categories are a real clusterfuck to be honest. Someone was bound to make this TAS eventually. Even at the time MrWint made his previous TAS, he knew of this route... so honestly I have no idea why he did it his way. To complicate matters, this movie was a relatively rare example of a double-obsoletion: it obsoleted primorial#soup's super-old run with the Safari Zone version of the Walk Through Walls glitch, (the previous "no warps" run) and MrWint's TAS that used the Transform glitch (the "warped" run), as it was faster than both. This movie would obsolete MrWint's Transform glitch TAS (as a faster "warped" version) but not primorial#soup's run (different categories because this is "warped"), and it's questionable whether or not it would obsolete MrWint's "Brock Through Walls and then beat the elite four" TAS depending on whether or not you want different categories or whether at this point they are too similar to warrant it. As I understand it, this now means we have a situation where obsoletion is no longer transitive (ie A can obsolete B and B can obsolete C, but that does not mean A obsoletes C). I feel like this is not a good thing.
Editor
Oh also, I'm not sure whether it's faster to buy the Potion than pick up the tree Potion in Viridian, but it's definitely faster to pick up the Potion in front of the Bug Catcher than to pick the tree Potion. Another small route change: could you underflow Pokeballs instead of Potions? That, combined with manipulating critical hits from Missingno could get you into redbar faster and hence end the fight sooner.
Ok i understand i didnt beat the elite four , Thank for the advice for potion i will try change this if that will not desynch the end Edit : I tried but that doesnt work , pokeball will be not 255 after the catch http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2352&start=1025
Skilled player (1706)
and then someone will suggest to TAS the remakes for a more "faithful" TAS, and later a gamebreaking bug will be found on said remakes. ;)
Hey d-feather , thank for all your comment . I know ive done several mistakes and im sorry for this , it s not a perfect run. -IIRC , i ve noticed that after done my begin so i didnt do again -Also IIRC , i dont understand , if i use a movement one frame before i can normaly moving that will be faster? -When naming charmander , it s for RNG manipulation , i need the Dv's for the brock through wall. -In the Viridian Forest , the ennemy have 27 hp , criticals hits give me 5 damage never get the 6 , normaly hit give me 4 damage so i need 6 critical hit , but when you make a critical hit , that will be say and it s slow so for 3 last hit i do normaly hit .5X3+4X3 i need 6 hits too . -I dont understand , where it s better open menu and move cursor? -Yes it s a possible mistake it s my first TAS i need work more -You right here too , i just need red bar on charmander so i need to fail my attack -If that work you learn me a thing , i will try this . Thank for all , i will work for a faster run . Sub 13 incoming
Active player (434)
faster than our run and is somehow optimized,voted yes
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
d-feather
He/Him
leopo89 wrote:
-I dont understand , where it s better open menu and move cursor?
What MrWint did in his TASes of Red/Blue was, upon entering Pewter City (that is, when the music changes from the Routes 1 and 2 music to the general city theme), opened the menu, moved the cursor to Save, and exited it. Before the guy blocking the way to Mt. Moon took him to the Gym, he saved and reset to bypass having to fight Brock.
:shrug: I'm more active on Twitter nowadays: @HunterCoates5
Well i have restart a new run with all your advices but at begin we have a problem. MrWint and you say this : IIRC, it's weirdly a few frames faster to go to the options after the game starts. That is, after you name yourself and your rival. So i have try this in my new run , In the new run after IIRC i open my menu swap the option and do my first moove : 3628 frames In the run ive submit i do the options setup before IIRC , I do my first moove : 2582 frames So i do this bad or what , cause when i go to the options after the games start i lose 1100 frames lol EDIT: Well , i have a new bk2 files , i'm faster of 300 frames with all this advices It's a SUB 13 http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/24613860617921988 Here the rework: I didnt took tree potion and i bought this at last item at pewper market, it's faster and i didnt need put the potion at 6 th slot before MissingNo I made a faster reset . MissingNo fight need to be rework , but it s really so hard to fail my attack , for the moment ive just take the max critical hits i need take for do this faster i can. I have a several mistake , at begin i failed the rename of my rival , i've called him Z without the space , so i must warp with a slow way , need swap TM and this item is really below in my inventory I cant rename the rival , that desynch my Charmander DV's So if anyone know if i can warp with Z as rival's name with a faster way.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
leopo89 wrote:
MrWint and you say this : IIRC, it's weirdly a few frames faster to go to the options after the game starts. That is, after you name yourself and your rival. So i have try this in my new run , In the new run after IIRC i open my menu swap the option and do my first moove : 3628 frames In the run ive submit i do the options setup before IIRC , I do my first moove : 2582 frames So i do this bad or what , cause when i go to the options after the games start i lose 1100 frames lol
When you start game without going to options, text is mid speed so you need to hold B to make the text scroll fast. When you do that, then it is faster. See http://tasvideos.org/2680M.html if you need to know what the inputs are.
Oh ok , i used the MrWint's movie for help me but i was thinking this input was for manipulate charmander's dv cause i ve had Charmander's dv with a mashing input while IIRC. I must do a new TAS cause i cant change anything before the rival's battle or "bye bye" Charmander's DV
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
Oh, dear, what happened here... I don't think it was a good idea to go straight for a submitted run, leopo. It appears that there were some minor, but well-known optimisations (as d-feather mentioned) that you left out. Also, this...
Submission wrote:
This run can be better , i will try beat my time
I know this advice is kind of late, but I really think that you should have redone the whole thing before submitting. It doesn't seem right for an optimised movie to be obsoleted by another run which uses a faster route, but loses time due to simple sub-optimalities. If anything, leopo89, I suggest that you cancel this submission, redo it all from scratch using the knowledge that you've gained, and re-submit when you're done.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
Ok i understand what u want say , i have submited but maybe it was better WIP cause i do lot of mistake for a TAS . So i will cancel and restart this , sorry for the wasted time judging.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
Skilled player (1019)
thatguy wrote:
Someone was bound to make this TAS eventually. Even at the time MrWint made his previous TAS, he knew of this route... so honestly I have no idea why he did it his way.
I feel the need to rise from my slumber to explain myself: The idea behind my submission was actually to clean up the categories, instead of making them even more complicated. I realized that the distinction between the "warp-less" and the "warped" runs was purely artificial with the discovery of Brock-through-Walls, and that the argument that it "shows more of the game" is not true anymore. The main point of the submission was to demonstrate the Brock-through-Walls glitch in action (it was just "discovered" for non-J versions at this point and not used in any routes yet) and to obsolete the "warp-less" category, which didn't make any sense anymore. Imho there's no point in having it anymore, since it's now just a slower version of the any% route without any benefits in terms of the kind of gameplay that is shown. It's sad that all categories for this game got kind of samey, but that's the way it currently plays out. (I'm currently working on a submission to try and fix that) It was inevitable from the beginning that it would be beaten and I'm surprised it took so long for someone to pick this up (a secret third goal was to get more people interested in trying to TAS these games by leaving any% up for grabs with a known faster route). I haven't watched the run yet, but from what I read here there are a couple of routing mistakes. I hope this won't discourage you from fixing these, working on it some more and trying again :)
Editor
So basically what you are saying is that you deliberately submitted a run for what you thought was an unpublishable category, and it turned out to be published anyway? I agree that there is no need for a separate warpless category at this point, for the reasons you outlined.
Skilled player (1019)
Kind of. Since it was faster than the any% publication, there were two possible outcomes: either it would be rejected for being suboptimal as an any% run, or it gets accepted and merges the categories. In both cases the "warp-less" category is obsoleted, at least so I thought.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
MrWint wrote:
(a secret third goal was to get more people interested in trying to TAS these games by leaving any% up for grabs with a known faster route).
Why would anyone bother TASing Pokémon games when you’ve completely mastered them with a bot? I don’t even look forward to any Pokémon TAS unless it’s from you at this point.
Skilled player (1706)
ALAKTORN wrote:
MrWint wrote:
(a secret third goal was to get more people interested in trying to TAS these games by leaving any% up for grabs with a known faster route).
Why would anyone bother TASing Pokémon games when you’ve completely mastered them with a bot? I don’t even look forward to any Pokémon TAS unless it’s from you at this point.
Well, I recall like 3 others who also botted this or some other pokemon game before, so there's that.
Thank for all , im working on a new submisson, hope that will be good