Submission Text Full Submission Page
Guys guys guys.. This is how it should be played... or something like that :)
- Avoiding the bonusstages. - Takes damage. - As fast as possible.
Okey.. some info about the game.
This is the crappy version of Shinobi that SEGA converted from the Arcade and the SMS version.to NES.
Act1: Stage 1: Went very well. No delays here and there.
Stage 2: Some Madonna posters. nice.. but not that nice ;) Had to take care of that hanging ninja in a smooth way and I couldnt came up with something else that didnt cause so much delays, so I jumped and shoot him.
BOSS: Okey. Here is what you other took some distance. Dont, he isnt that hard :)
Act2: Stage1: No delays here.
Stage2: I took some damage here to save some time at the green ninja and plus that it took me above the boxes.
Stage3: Had to stop for a sec to shoot the diver-ninja or else it would hit me which take a lot more time and plus that I shouldnt get to the platform above.
BOSS: Nothing to supplement. Went pretty fast.
Act3: Stage 1: Same as the stage before.
Stage 2: Ditto.
Stage 3: You noticed problaby that I did a big jump at the beginning. Well. I have the pistol here so I had to jump or else I would be hit and that would cause some delays.
BOSS: Oh whis one I had nightmares of as a kid. In the SMS version you cant shoot them so fast and altroght they come closer they pushes you into the laser. And they looked kinda creppy to :P
Act4: Stage 1: Nothing special except that I killed the 3 ninjas that followed me.
Stage 2: Had to wait a little for the swordboomerang to dissapear.
Stage 3: Same as above. Had to wait a little here to.
BOSS: Gone in the wind in some seconds.
Act5: last act Stage 1: Nice and smooth
Stage 2: Here to.
Stage 3: Had to wait a millisecond for the stickguy a little until I jumped up.
BOSS: Final Took one hit and it is nothing you could do about it. :)
Okey.. Hope I explained the most. =)
Enjoy this crappy game ;) hehe..

Bisqwit: Rejecting in favor of Neofix's faster movie, even though it's not certain that even it will be published.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #515: Frenom's NES Shinobi in 07:57.53
Former player
Awgh... I didnt push enter that many times. :/ The whole description looks like crap like this.
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Former player
I voted yes because this looked good, despite the game looks a bit bad ;P Nothing to blame the author for though. Good job!
/Walker Boh
Former player
I could only muster a Meh. No disrespect to you, Frenom, but this game makes me nauseous. Please, don't blame Sega, blame Tengen. And that's Marilyn Monroe in stage 1-2, not Madonna.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
bad ported game done well. far as i can tell the SMS version was a lot better looking and if we had SMS record (reliably that is) i'd do a run myself. voting yes since i doubt it can get much faster than this.
Former player
Dark Mana wrote:
bad ported game done well. far as i can tell the SMS version was a lot better looking and if we had SMS record (reliably that is) i'd do a run myself. voting yes since i doubt it can get much faster than this.
I totaly agree with you. We could ask Blip nicely if he wants to implent Rerecord into a emulator. ;) Oh I have so many memories from the SMS and I really want to Timeattack mostly of them.
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
This is better, but no one has yet matched the level one time I posted earlier. In fact, you're off by over a second on the first two stages, though you did much better on the boss. But yes, this game is pretty bad, so whatever.
Active player (410)
Continue like this guys. Someday someone will do it perfectly but now, that's not the case even if I didn't watch it. There's Shinobi games on Genesis. Why sucking SMS??
Former player
Phil: I had forgotten this myself, but the original Shinobi is not available on the Genesis...only Revenge of Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, and Shinobi 3. The original is on arcade and SMS, and both versions are impossible to rerecord as of now. -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Player (67)
I'm sorry, but this run was NOT entertaining to watch. At all. The levels are uninteresting, there's nothing entertaining about this. I found myself fast-forwarding through the last levels, it was so boring. This game is just not suited for a timeattack. Please don't waste more time making a movie for this game (at least not the NES version).
Well I kinda figured that it'd take less then 12 hours for someone to come along a beat my time ^^ I do have one complaint though... look at where I ended my movie and look at where you ended yours.... you ended yours a few frames TOO early, as did the other TA. I mean sure it looks cool to see that Case Closed effect, but I always thought it was the second you lose control, and if you can technically bypass that with button presses... Otherwise, I am humbled by this ^^ It was interesting to note that on 4-1, I had a different array of enemies in my pathway by having a bunch of tag-a-longs then you who killed off a ton. Looks like the game TRIES to amp up the difficulty, but in this case, failed miserably. ^^ Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Former player
Blublu wrote:
I'm sorry, but this run was NOT entertaining to watch. At all. The levels are uninteresting, there's nothing entertaining about this. I found myself fast-forwarding through the last levels, it was so boring. This game is just not suited for a timeattack. Please don't waste more time making a movie for this game (at least not the NES version).
Excatly my opinion. I like the game to SMS and Arcade. This version sucks real time. I dont blame SEGA for this because it is a great game which Tengen ruined. :( You could say that this is only a guidepath how it should be played :)
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
this movie should be publish, you did it awesome Frenom. Yes th game's graphic is crap as well as gameplay is changed is NES version. Now i am looking for SEGA ORIGINAL version for making another timeattack. About ur play: you played well but skipped dolls. i did'nt care of it and you should'nt too. but about the bonus stages. it's the part of game so it should'nt be skip. at the last stage you you waste around 3 seconds (jumping late) anyway. good work. i think maximum of 5 seconds can be obsolute. game is a little booring so i won't try.
Radz.
Former player
The dolls/hostages/white things can be skipped in this crap version, so they should be. Same for the bonus stages. Speed is imperative for games that are as unwatchable as this one is.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i think the site doesnt HAVE to publish a run for a game just because its the fastest completion, if the game is boring to watch, its a bad time-attack choice. i didnt watch it, but if the only quality here is that this beats a bad uninteresting game as fast as possible, i dont think its worth the trouble...
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!