(Link to video)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ending credits theme is a copyrighted song. So in any encodes of this run, you will need to either mute the song or replace it with something else.
Time: 2:33:37.01
Rerecord count: 74,940 (although I think desmume removed a few, tbh)
amount of "YAH"s: too many to count
A long time coming! I started this run about 2 years ago with a fellow named 1000liter, but after the first WIP we kind of fell out of contact. Since this I've just been working on this off and on.
This run beats the game about 50 minutes quicker then the RTA run.

Run comments

Most comments about the run can be found in the captions of the encode I provided.

Known Improvements
-3 Bully Dogs I couldn't manipulate to be frozen, which made me lose about 5 seconds each time.
-Manipulating the Staltwart Blade in OC to use his charging attack could save a good 15 seconds. Couldn't find a way to do it.

Thank you to Spikestuff for being cool and making the encode for Re:Coded. 4k!
Thanks to Samsara for being a chill person to chat with.
Also thanks to Pok3monrocks, Drazerk, and Saiyanz for showing interest in this project.
Finally, thank you to both the KH speedrunning community and the TASvideos community for being great places to hang out.
ars4326: Judging!
ars4326: Hi, arandomgameTASer. Congrats on finally finishing this (and thanks for including commentary with the encode)! It's apparent that much work went into optimizing movements, equips, and fight strategies, throughout (watching Roxas's limit break abuse was especially a treat to watch). Outstanding job, and looking forward to your next TAS.
Accepting for publication to Moons!
Spikestuff: Publishing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4795: arandomgameTASer's DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days in 2:33:37.01
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Subtitles? Considering it arandomgameTASer most likely. Infact got them just now. Long Bloody TAS? Yup. Chapter Marking? Maybe. Screen Switching? Yup. Already Dumped it? Yup. Already Watched it? Yup. Simple and Clean Removed? Yup. Entertaining? Yup. More Prepared than this? Heck Yea. I am publishing this when it gets accepted. If you don't believe there are any subs in an arandomgameTASer TAS:
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (630)
Does this movie syncs with the anti-ailasing mod?
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Active player (252)
I've got a single thing to say : did your carnivorous fish eat enough ? :p More seriously : why did you use Scan ? Is it just for entertainment ? If yes, let me kiss you on your nose ;). It's definitely a huge YES because, well, it's so fast !
New PCSX2-rr
Editor, Expert player (2012)
Doc Skellington wrote:
why did you use Scan ? Is it just for entertainment ?
Pretty much. It takes like 6 in-game frames to equip, so it's not like it's a huge time loss.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
Haven't watched the last hour or so of it yet, but what the heck, I'll just vote Yes anyway.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
Editor, Experienced player (817)
You're finished!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2937] DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days by arandomgameTASer in 2:33:37.01
"Compatability" Video download on Archive link doesn't seem to exist.
"The guy was fatally injured and wants to be covered by God's tears (rain) before he dies. God is too busy to bother because it wastes frames." Frames 16:26