Super Aladdin is a pirated port of the Genesis version of Aladdin to the NES. It's fairly decent, but very short due to the fact that only half the stages were ported over. It's also rather glitchy.
In my quest to perfect my old movies, this.

Glitches and Tricks

Clipping through walls

Due to the nature of Aladdin's falling animation, it can be used in small spaces to clip downwards. This is used to skip some platforming in the Desert.

Wallclimbing

Jumping constantly at certain walls lets Aladdin climb the wall. This is used in the Captain fight to easily murder him with apples.

Sword Tricks

-When jumping at the ropes in the Agrabah Rooftops, slashing while jumping sometimes lets you grab them earlier.
-Using the sword lets you skip any poles, ziplines, and ropes while the animation is playing.
-Using the sword before taking damage lets you skip damage while the animation is playing. (e.g. constant autofire makes you practically invincible to obstacles.)

Stage by stage comments

Agrabah Market

Saved about 5 frames from lag optimization.

Desert

Skipped climbing the trees thanks to the powers of hovering. Saved about 9 seconds.

Agrabah Rooftops

A new route lets you skip most of the ropes, so that's nice. About 35 seconds saved.

Rugrid (That's actually what it's called in-game)

No changes

Tompa: Will judge.
Tompa: Neat run, neat improvement. Accepting for publication.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4809: arandomgameTASer's NES Super Aladdin in 05:23.37
so if you peeked in the game data are the other levels there or is this really the story of a guy who wanders around arabia for three stages, then suddenly finds a magic carpet and uses it to flee a huge red wave?
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Nice improvement. Incidentally, I wish most of the tricks in this game's levels were applicable to the Genesis version. Do you really need to take the long rope ride in Agrabah RottyRooftops? In the Genesis version, you can skip it. Yes vote.
Editor, Expert player (2015)
scrimpeh wrote:
Do you really need to take the long rope ride in Agrabah RottyRooftops?
Yeah, can't get up there otherwise in this version.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
When it said it was missing half the levels I I figured the ones it would include were Agrabah, the Desert, the Cave of Wonders and then the Palace then the last boss to sort of still have a very sparse but accurate story. But I guess expecting something to make sense from a pirated port is a silly idea. As for the actual submission, very good time saves, always nice to have big improvements like different paths and glitches.
Enjoys speedruns but hasn't actually tried making any yet.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Nice improvement. This game really isn't very bad, and it makes for an entertaining TAS. Voting Yes!
Editor, Experienced player (894)
It's a fairly fast-paced if a crazy-looking run. Aladdin's movement is so awkward with all the small hops and whatnot! Eh, I was entertained enough, so I'll give it a weak yes vote.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2934] NES Super Aladdin by arandomgameTASer in 05:23.37