(Link to video)
After complaining that there are too many submissions, here's a new Tekken 2 submission, a game that should go die in a hole, and stay in that hole to never be Frankensteined back. - Spikestuff

The Stuff:

• Bios: SCPH7003 (NTSC-U bios)
  • Hardest Difficulty
  • Goes for in-game time
  • Goes for speed instead of entertainment aka going for Vault
  • Heavy Luck manipulation

Spikestuff's comments:

N?K didn't want to create any comments, so enjoy me I guess.
It's Tekken 2, where everyone will now complain why it cannot be Tekken 3 TAS, where the simple answer is because it's a garbage and evil game to TAS due to all the manipulation you have to physically deal with instead of mucking around in a pause menu.
Yoshi is used once more, being the fastest character to get a one hit KO which is only useful for the first round (go team), we start with Law, actually exiting the character selection a frame late, just so we can get a better setup for the RNG.
Improvements is switching to a single round which I still despise to hell on doing and not relying heavily on that backhand before switching to Suicide.

ars4326: Judging!
ars4326: Hi again, N?K & Spikestuff. All in all, an even quicker (and more emulator accurate) seppuku showcase w/ Yoshimitsu! Watching side-by-side with the current publication, it was also noteworthy to see PSXHawk's improved graphical emulation over PSXjin (no more flicker!). Nice work on this one!
Accepting as an improvement to the published run!
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4881: NhatNM & Spikestuff's PSX Tekken 2 in 01:42.00
Active player (434)
tekken 1 run will come eventually?i'm interested in seeing what can happen there.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Editor, Skilled player (1410)
Nice. Is this some kind of crazy glitch, or does this character really allows KO in one hit?
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
BrunoVisnadi wrote:
Nice. Is this some kind of crazy glitch, or does this character really allows KO in one hit?
I don't like much Tekken but I played some years ago in my PS2. All I remember it isn't a glitch it a special move from Yoshimitsu whose "suicide" you and the enemy but it's really hilarious move because the move take more damage from the enemy instead of Yoshimitsu causing a stant kill on enemy. I don't know how it works anymore when I tested the moves on PS2 Yoshimitsu receives the same damage or i'm wrong I didn't play this game more and don't know how works in PSX versions (correct-me if i'm wrong). BTW, I don't like speed FG TAS but Tekken really impress, yes vote.
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
No matter how many times I watch these runs I can't stop laughing. Yes for another 103 seconds of seppuku.
Senior Moderator
Can't decide whether I like the actual run or the cinematic ending better. This is hilarious through and through.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor
Was it entertaining, not really. Should it be published, yes.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Experienced player (852)
So predictable, but so deserving of a publication. yes vote
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I can't understand why ppl here found this movie entertaining. Only have a action and repeat repeat repeat... I vote No :)
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Does this game not have the exploits that Tekken 3 had, like using the pause menu to cut down on in-game time? Granted, a little variety in the setup movements was nice to see, but yeah, this is a good old suicide fest. Not real entertaining, but enjoyable enough for about 2 minutes.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
I feel sorry for Yoshimitsu now. His stomach must hurt after all these self-perforations. Eh, this is probably as entertaining as a fighting game speed TAS can get, so I'll give it a 'yes' vote. A slightly mild one, but still.
canavar147
He/Him
lol Dr. Kleiner made me laugh at the end :D Yes vote
lol ok yes
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
The TAS in itself is pretty good, but it's pretty much the same thing over and over again. Therefore, I'm voting no on entertainment. It's good for the Vault. Note to other encoders/publishers: I'll be publishing this one once it gets accepted.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Lex
This made me LOL. It's short and sweet (less than half the encode is the TAS), and the ending with the sword is the sort of no-fucks-given hilarity I love in many 90s games.
Dark Noob wrote:
BrunoVisnadi wrote:
I don't like much Tekken but I played some years ago in my PS2. All I remember it isn't a glitch it a special move from Yoshimitsu whose "suicide" you and the enemy but it's really hilarious move because the move take more damage from the enemy instead of Yoshimitsu causing a stant kill on enemy. I don't know how it works anymore when I tested the moves on PS2 Yoshimitsu receives the same damage or i'm wrong I didn't play this game more and don't know how works in PSX versions (correct-me if i'm wrong). BTW, I don't like speed FG TAS but Tekken really impress, yes vote.
In a neutral state, the attack does equal damage to Yoshimitsu and his opponent. They're not being hit in a neutral state though. Yoshi is taking normal damage, the opponent is taking counterhit damage.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Oh that's my fault I really forgot this. Counter hit always takes more damage from enemies, thanks Tangent. I'm playing SVC chaos lately and I remind about counter hits.
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2988] PSX Tekken 2 by NhatNM & Spikestuff in 01:42.00