(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Manipulates luck
Vampire goes fast for numbers. Viewers may gain education in mathematics. Halloween-appropriate.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4893: Jigwally's NES Sesame Street Countdown in 08:33.64
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
God damn, this was the stupidest TAS created in this month. Meh Vote.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Jigwally
He/Him
Active player (418)
Spikestuff wrote:
God damn, this was the stupidest TAS created in this month.
I could make a stupider one next
Active player (258)
I remember from the AVGN episode that you were only allowed to either run or hop to move (not both). How much slower is running by comparison - would simply running forward save you some time over the slight stops in between jumps? Besides that, I mean, how does the stage structure account for you not being able to jump at all? I imagine every number you'd want to grab would have to be in a straight line, otherwise how would you reach them? There's so many questions. Meh vote.
Somewhat damaged.
This is laughable, for multiple reasons. I'm 98% certain I could beat this time unassisted. A.) In hop mode, you just jump straight to the next possible number/object. You need to press a button to jump straight up to grab it. The only possible luck manipulation going on is if the object has drifted slightly off from the grabbing spot as it goes back and forth. There's no holding a button for distance or anything like that. It's just keep tapping right when you land. B.) There are warps that let you skip stages. You, uh, might want to use them. Doesn't stand out from unassisted play and extremely suboptimal.
Player (26)
It clearly counts up, not down. Voting no.
Jigwally
He/Him
Active player (418)
Tangent wrote:
The only possible luck manipulation going on is if the object has drifted slightly off from the grabbing spot as it goes back and forth.
No, I manipulated the items available in the last two levels.
Tangent wrote:
There are warps that let you skip stages. You, uh, might want to use them.
No, there aren't.
Jigwally wrote:
Tangent wrote:
There are warps that let you skip stages. You, uh, might want to use them.
No, there aren't.
Wanna bet?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Tangent wrote:
Wanna bet?
You say this, yet you haven't shown physical evidence. Also, this would also shoot out all speedruns, so, everyone get your popcorn to find out if speedrunners screwed this TAS over. Unless I half ass watching the speedrun, then again "warpless" is a category.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff wrote:
Tangent wrote:
Wanna bet?
You say this, yet you haven't shown physical evidence. Also, this would also shoot out all speedruns, so, everyone get your popcorn to find out if speedrunners screwed this TAS over. Unless I half ass watching the speedrun, then again "warpless" is a category.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5wiWacae8&#t=20s See that window he jumps on? No you don't. It's a warp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5wiWacae8&#t=2m See that little mound with a door? Nope! It's another warp. That's where I got tired of checking. Find the rest yourselves (assuming there are others). This game is ridiculously basic, triply so on hop mode where all you can do is hop from one pre-set spot to the next. It could be played entirely by a very basic bot. If you have decent reflexes and a controller with a turbo A and turbo Right button, you could probably get within a couple seconds of a fully optimized TAS. Edit: Yeesh. Triple post fixed.
Jigwally
He/Him
Active player (418)
Well you are completely right. I had no idea and couldn't find any reference whatsoever to warps through online searches. I found all the warps and can confirm that Run is faster with them since the final two warps are inaccessible in Hop. In light of this I will cancel the submission.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... want more!
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Here's a rough draft using warps: User movie #26477340288790924. Don't know if I missed one.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch