I wouldnt be able to explain the tricks better than Superninja, so, here it is in his own words:

For future Excitebike timeattackers, here's a description of some of the exploitable tricks:
-Use the B button to maintain your velocity while on the ground, but release it in the air to let your engine cool off
-Holding right while in the air increases your velocity slighty. However, you cannot land while tilted all the way forwards, so just before you land, press left.
-After landing like this, you will bounce on your front wheel. Hold right to increase your velocity. This time, you don't have to press left to avoid crashing, even though you're tilted all the way forwards.
-In a total violation of real-life physics, jumping off some ramps increases your forward velocity significantly. This is where your main speed boosts come from.
-While going off a ramp, you can change lanes to affect the distance you jump slightly. Up decreases the distance slightly, while going down increases the distance slighty. This is because your bike does not move while in the air, but its landing position (i.e. the lane) changes.

I would add these explanations:
- the only ramps that add horizontal speed are the type H ramps (small 90° triangle based prism). this run uses 5 of these ramps (there are 6 on the track).
- B button has better acceleration than A and doesnt slow you down if you have more speed than maximum normal speed.
- Slows down a bit the bike to be able to get 5 or else it would jump over one of them on the first lap
- This only plays the training version of track 1, on mode B. The game has no end, and the other tracks dont have this many H ramps, which makes this the best default track for a competition!

DeHackEd: I'll put this up in AVI soon.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #529: nesrocks's NES Excitebike "first track" in 00:53.97
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I'm not a fan of doing only one level, but it's faster and more brutal than the current one, so it deserves to be published.
Former player
I haven't watched it but I totally agree with Truncated. Please do the whole game because even if the tracks after track one doesn't have as many of those ramps it would still be cool.
/Walker Boh
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
sure i'll do another version :) but i think it wouldnt be a "first time users suggested video" due to lenght and repetitivity, so it will probably be just a suplement
Walker Boh wrote:
I haven't watched it but I totally agree with Truncated. Please do the whole game because even if the tracks after track one doesn't have as many of those ramps it would still be cool.
True, but we already have a published movie of the first track of Excitebike (with a star, even), so since one this beats that one's time, it should definitely be published nonetheless.
Former player
schneelocke wrote:
True, but we already have a published movie of the first track of Excitebike (with a star, even), so since one this beats that one's time, it should definitely be published nonetheless.
Of course, but I would rather see the whole game than just the first stage, even though I'm sure Foda did a great job since he beat the old time.
/Walker Boh
Hi, great stuff. Voted 'yes', though please, FODA, create an all-tracks run! And I don't know what the others think, but your idea on IRC to use a custom-made track to show off some stunts is really interesting to me. Good work. Philip
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
hey, thanx. there is an issue about custom track, but i dont think its a problem since its for demonstration: making the track takes a lot of time, and fceu records from reset, so i should make the track and then record from reset, so the making of the track wouldnt be recorded (it wouldnt be recording from power on...). It also would be a 1 lap only, 6 H ramps max, played on B mode perhaps, with lots of hazards to make impressive pixel perfect manauvers.
Emulator Coder
This is the most brutal thing ever.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
actually i recorded it in less than 1 hour :P while i waited you guys to reply to my 2p battletoads run on saturday morning lol
Former player
FODA wrote:
hey, thanx. there is an issue about custom track, but i dont think its a problem since its for demonstration: making the track takes a lot of time, and fceu records from reset, so i should make the track and then record from reset, so the making of the track wouldnt be recorded (it wouldnt be recording from power on...). It also would be a 1 lap only, 6 H ramps max, played on B mode perhaps, with lots of hazards to make impressive pixel perfect manauvers.
Isn't there a way to "save" the track? Wouldn't that allow you create a track, save it, then record from reset and race on that track? I know I'm speaking about something I did 20 years ago, but it seems like a vivid memory in my head. Anyway, I voted YES because this game is cool. Please give us more. And who is DeHackEd?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
the game allows you to play the designed track even if you dont save, as long as you reset it. but remember, no savegame is allowed on the runs for this site, and it must be recorded from power on. but i said that it would break those rules because its a demonstration
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [289] NES Excitebike "first track" by nesrocks in 00:53.97
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
This video seems to have lost its star. Since this isn't the first time it has happened, I'm guessing that stars are not automatically transfered when obsoleting a movie with a star. Shouldn't they be?
Editor, Player (67)
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.