Warning: don't try to TAS this game, it's was stressful getting a lot of desyncs around the run and this game was a desync machine. So it's my tip go to Hyper Street Fighter II if you want TASing this one. Well you was already warned.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo, released in Japan as Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge (スーパーストリートファイターII X -Grand Master Challenge), is a competitive fighting game released for the arcades by Capcom in 1994. It is the fifth installment in the Street Fighter II sub-series of Street Fighter games, following Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers. Like its predecessor, it ran on the CP System II hardware.

Game Objetives

• Emulator: FBA-RR v.002
  • Game: Super Street Fighter 2 X Grand Master Challenge (940223 Japan)
  • 1p and 2p matches
  • Difficult Level: 8 (Expert)
  • Uses normal and secret characters as Akuma/Gouki (not them all)
  • Combos 100%, infinites, throw combos, funny combos.
  • Glitches, funny situations, tricks.

Comments

>Edit: I don't know why but FBA just disappeared with author name's, if you can see our nicks you will saw xcurvx name's he didn't TAS'ed with we but me and SDR already started the fbm so we just keeping his name on fbm.
It took about 4 months working against desyncs, just look at the top from this submission and the records too (82k). Maybe someone ask "If this game has a lot of desyncs which will broken your minds why this game choice?". Well my idea was start a run from Hyper Street Fighter II a similar game with little differences as the fighters choices, Hyper Street Fighter II is an Anniversary Collection game which allow you to choose the fighters from the old series. But the point is: most of glitches and some tricks just work on this game Super Street Fighter 2 X so the game call us to fight against him. This game and emulators have a lot of desyncs troubles by many things: character choice, CPU fighters and maybe your computer configurations, so basically you probably can't TAS this game without 1 desync per round. The glitches, combination tricks and combos was easy since me and SDR was already working on this game sometime and the combos from Hyper Street Fighter II to SSF2X don't change, maybe the most difficult part was at the start discovering new things while comboing whith Guile showing your sonic boom combos which I will talk more below.

Glitches and tricks

As I told this game have some "hidden stuffs" in some combos, maybe we didn't discovered all about this game still, now let's start talking about some tricks and glitches.
  • 3/4 Sonic Booms in a row
Well this trick was really easy when you discover how he works also discovered by sonichurricane members, you will see a lot of Sonic booms combos with Guile and sometimes you will saw some 3/4 sonic booms, to do this you need to do accuracy charge time, in other words you need to unload the charge (sonic boom) most fast possible to start charging another sonic boom, get the message? You just need to unload the charge to shoot another, unloading more fast will allow to get more charge so it's possible to do 4 sonic booms also needs a perfect frame control.
  • Zangief Head Stun
It's a cool dizzy trick to do while you are TAS'ing and probably essential in a real match, if you do up+mp or hp while the enemy was trying to hit you in air you can use this method to protect from the attack, if you do it as first attack the character will be confused instantly.
  • Zangief Magic FAB
I can define this glitch with two words: Wrong Throw. Basically this glitch consists in a wrong hitbox which Zangief perform your backwards without need grab the enemy, maybe Zangief are one of the most OP characters from this game, the effect was just amazing and it works with all characters, you can hit Zangief during the effect but we choose to see the full effect until knocked down.
  • Zangief TAPs
A exclusive combo according to SDR, can be done in all Street Fighter Series (Alpha/Zero included), if you throw your enemy with Zangief you can perform some Tap combos you just need to hit the buttons medium, low and heavy punches constantly while throw to Zangief start getting more damage, sadly you can't do more than 80% but still a great stuff.
  • Ken Reversal Kicks
Another cool trick which allow Ken pass through the opponent hitting in the right frame making a zig-zag combo. To do it just need to stay down and wait for Ken crazy kick: foward, down medium kick+ mk again.
  • Ken/Sagat Special Reversal
If you look at 2nd round against Chun-li you will saw in some part of the run Ken doing some reversal kicks until Chun-li fall, this glitch is called Special Reversal can be done by Ken, Sagat and Dhalsim, has no secret to do, just do a reversal attack by Ken Shouryuu Reppa (forward, down, foward+down 3 punches), Ken will perform an bizarre air hurricane kick. Now doing Tiger Genocide (same sequence of Shouryuu Reppa) Sagat will spam your tigger shots and a strange effect occour when Ken take a hit, Sagat will continue spamming and the projectiles will pass through the Ken a strange effect.
  • Akuma fights
Well I don't need to describe anything about this part, your initial idea was set up to bring 1 round against CPU but this game didn't allow this, the only exclusive thing about Akuma/Gouki is that he can't do more than 9 hits on any character, if you try that the character will dizzy instantly, 10 hits are allowed only for Sagat, why? we don't know occouyet.

Thanks to:

• SDR for joined to me in this quest defeating desync by desync and going ahead until end.
  • Sonichurricane for the combo transcript which helped a lot in Guile combos and Zerokobou for the combovideos.
  • Combovid.com and error1 for the site support and transcripting the glitch section whose make possible born a new playaround from this game.
  • You for watch this run.
I hope you like this run from we :D

Nach: Finally, so nice to see a proper Super Street Fighter 2 series playaround TAS which did not disappoint, Sheng Long would be so proud! I find the use of reset in the middle to undo fights somewhat questionable, but as a playaround, I'll allow it. Audience feedback was mostly positive. I also find this game to be similar enough to the original Super Street Fighter 2, despite the new secret player and other minor improvements to the game play. I am very happy to accept this to obsolete [421] SNES Super Street Fighter II "Zangief" by Saturn in 11:21.47 and [422] SNES Super Street Fighter II "Ken" by Saturn in 11:32.43.
feos: Pub.
feos: For games that have been released under English names, we prefer them over Japanese ones, and just indicate the region. Changed the game name.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Skilled player (1410)
Finally you guys finish this! Too bad Arcade still have so many desync problems. This was fun to watch. Yes vote!
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I watched this last night when you posted in the Arcade Games forum. Wonderfully entertaining, easy YesVote.
Previous Name: boct1584
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I enjoyed it. If the desyncs are really bugging you guys. You could always TAS the Saturn version. It's an arcade perfect port.
Active player (434)
i hope this obsoletes the new challengers ken zangief snes runs from the past,easy yes vote.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Player (53)
yes yes yes
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Sorry but I vote meh. It was entertaining for quite a bit, and the glitches are nice. It got old though quick, when Akuma/Gouki took over most of the run.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
By the way, even though you played on the Japanese version, we always prefer using the American/European name of the game if it was released in North America/Europe. In this case, this would be Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Mitjitsu wrote:
I enjoyed it. If the desyncs are really bugging you guys. You could always TAS the Saturn version. It's an arcade perfect port.
Have 2 reasons for didn't choose Saturn version. First was the emulator, we don't like to take a frame-advanced emulator why? We know how to control frame-advanced but some single combos we can perform more easy with 20% speed instead of frame-advancing. Second was the game choice, in saturn version you can't do some combos as Guile sonic booms, or Zangief/Ken/Sagat stuffs as glitches and some combos, so we opted to take this one.
Cooljay wrote:
Sorry but I vote meh. It was entertaining for quite a bit, and the glitches are nice. It got old though quick, when Akuma/Gouki took over most of the run.
Probably me and SDR feel the same as you, when we start the run our mind was "leave Akuma/Gouki to CPU fights setting the arcade options to 1 round instead of 2" but when we finished the Balrog (Claw) match against Blanka we discover that it isn't possible, same in Super Turbo II or in this version, probably if the game allowed 1 round against CPU the time could be 15/16 mins.
fsvgm777 wrote:
By the way, even though you played on the Japanese version, we always prefer using the American/European name of the game if it was released in North America/Europe. In this case, this would be Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
I know about that choice, but first you need to know we never planned to submit here, SDR opted to leave me freedom for submission choice so I want to submit, another thing about that choice was because the Turbo Speed and Frameskip comparisons between American/Europe to Japanese version are higher (Japan Turbo 4: 150%) you can take more information on this link: http://combovid.com/?p=5002
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
I agree with the sentiment of "Akuma in the second half is a little plain," but other than the fact that the air fireball is ridiculous, any other one character wouldn't have been that much more interesting. I also think that more airtight blockstrings to close out a round would've been cool to see, like Fei Long's Chicken Wing stuff or Bison's (Dictator's) Scissor Kick pressure. Was hoping to see Dhalsim's limb get dizzied by Zangief headbutt. :p I also agree that Hyper SFII would be a better selection for a playaround, considering you'd have access to all the stupidly mismatched versions of the characters. Champion Edition and World Warrior everywhere! That said, Vega landing a 12-hit combo, Sagat's fireballs mysteriously missing, and Zangief's Super hurting from a ways away like it's Rainbow Edition were worth it for me. Even now, I consume a lot of Super Turbo footage, and it was refreshing to see some stuff that was new to me. Yes vote here.[/spoiler]
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3532)
grassini wrote:
i hope this obsoletes the new challengers ken zangief snes runs from the past,easy yes vote.
seconding 8D Also I really liked the Akuma vs Akuma fight, that was clever.
Active player (434)
also hoping to see the hyper TAS
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
grassini wrote:
For a few years or so by now, I had been hoping to see a true arcade SF2 playaround that would show off much more than the two SNES runs do. I had a take on a glitchy Arcade The World Warrior playaround once, with the intention to obsolete those two runs, but it never really got off the ground. I've yet to watch this run, but I do expect it to be good, and would certainly consider obsoleting the SNES playarounds with this run if it is sufficiently good enough. Anyone else have opinions on this?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
TheReflexWonder wrote:
I also agree that Hyper SFII would be a better selection for a playaround, considering you'd have access to all the stupidly mismatched versions of the characters. Champion Edition and World Warrior everywhere!
grassini wrote:
also hoping to see the hyper TAS
Guys, don't take me wrong but no hopes a "future" run on HSFII, if both you read my comments at this submission will see why we didn't choose HSFII, to be honest HSFII still are better than SSF2X to TASing comparing with desync and game choice, but HSFII don't have any interesting glitch and most of them just works on SSF2T/X that's why we choose this game for the TAS. Mothrayas maybe my position about those mentioned runs are wrong since I'm one of the run author's, but I'd suggest this game if the judge accept to obsolete them, the game choose by Saturn was Super Street Fighter II The New Challengers and this one your successor in Arcade version> Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge. Street Fighter II has some differences between Turbo version as frame skips, turbo speeds, hit counter and more characters. So if my suggestion are valid it's already given.
This was absolutely entertaining for the most part... there were a few dull moments, but not many that ruined it. Thank you for your hard work on this!
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Glitcher
He/Him
I'm curious. If Guile's wayward Sonic Boom had KO'ed Zangief after his glitch super, would it have resulted in a draw?
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Glitcher wrote:
I'm curious. If Guile's wayward Sonic Boom had KO'ed Zangief after his glitch super, would it have resulted in a draw?
No, because the game already gives the victory to Zangief when he knocked down, same if Zangief stay in your 99% lifebar the Sonic boom will "freeze" when Zangief takes hit. Another way is if Zangief receive Guile's projectile at the same time when Atomic Buster end Zangief will win same if he is defeated by Guile sonic boom because FAB was already did and the winner counter will be counted to Zangief. I hope this answer your question.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Idk about this. Only watched a little and got bored. It almost looks like a speedrun, you just go in, do a slightly different combo each time to stun the opponent, then a few more hits to kill. The meaty Sonic Boom on wake up also seems overused and not very special…
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
ALAKTORN wrote:
Idk about this. Only watched a little and got bored. It almost looks like a speedrun, you just go in, do a slightly different combo each time to stun the opponent, then a few more hits to kill. The meaty Sonic Boom on wake up also seems overused and not very special…
I respect your opinion but it sounds like you just watched the Guile against CPU parts and sorry this run has 19 minutes, sorry but this isn't way looked like a speedrun, you cannot demand something unreal from a game like that, (if for some reason you ever played it). What you have described about the combos. Makes me think of you badly watched the run all the way. If you got bored, I can understand you because you have your point of view about what you watch. I know everybody have your reasons of what he want to choose, but if I judge a movie from 3/4 minutes from a 15+ movie I didn't give my opinion about what I watched. Now I really advise you watch this run till the end and right after your opinion, otherwise your comment won't take into account. I hope you can understand the message that I tried to pass to you and sorry for being rude if it sounded that way.
Five minutes are spent on Guile, bereft of any major glitches or particularly super human combos, followed by resetting the game and playing a single round to show one glitch (or in Vega's case, the same combo twice) before resetting a few more times to do the same, ending with Akuma, an obviously broken character locked behind a cheat code, curbstomping everyone, again, not really showing off any major glitches or particularly superhuman play. It doesn't seem particularly well thought out and there are an assload of glitches in the various SF2 versions that could be shown off. http://combovid.com/?p=1450
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
I just gave my opinion, it’s not like I voted “no” in the poll; there’s a rule that says you have to watch the full movie before voting (or at least that’s what I think). Maybe I’ll try to watch more of it later when I get the time.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Tangent wrote:
Five minutes are spent on Guile, bereft of any major glitches or particularly super human combos, followed by resetting the game and playing a single round to show one glitch (or in Vega's case, the same combo twice) before resetting a few more times to do the same, ending with Akuma, an obviously broken character locked behind a cheat code, curbstomping everyone, again, not really showing off any major glitches or particularly superhuman play. It doesn't seem particularly well thought out and there are an assload of glitches in the various SF2 versions that could be shown off. http://combovid.com/?p=1450
I do aware that previous versions you can find glitches but many of them are possible when it's picked that one character for doing it. Let's take Guile from World Warrior for example. You can play through showing off all his glitches. However you get a time that you need to add variety in order to try making a good run, so you need add matches and you will look at your fighter and there won't be anybody for this function.. So you will try to get by only with this one, I mean you won't have more options. So you try to find a new version that might filling those fields. But you know that the same glitches won't work like you wanted. On the other hands you can bring glitches, combos and variety stuffs.. So yes, the run was well thought out.
ALAKTORN wrote:
I just gave my opinion, it’s not like I voted “no” in the poll; there’s a rule that says you have to watch the full movie before voting (or at least that’s what I think). Maybe I’ll try to watch more of it later when I get the time.
ALAKTORN we aren't wanting your yes, no or meh, we are just trying to make you feel entertained watching our run nothing more.
Glitcher
He/Him
Dark Noob wrote:
I hope this answer your question.
Not really, because of your mangled English. Are you saying that Zangief will still win the round even if he is KO'ed?
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Glitcher wrote:
Not really, because of your mangled English. Are you saying that Zangief will still win the round even if he is KO'ed?
You're right sorry about my English. I'm saying that there are no ways to Zangief takes KO while Atomic Buster are in action, if this happen Zangief still win the round.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Did I see you enter the buttons for Shun Goku Satsu during the Akuma fight?
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.