Submission Text Full Submission Page
Game objectives Full Game Completion.
Manipulates Luck.
Aims for PSX accurate loading time.
Emulator used: Bizhawk 1.11.3 ROM Used: Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus (USA) (Disc 1).bin
         Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus (USA) (Disc 2).bin
BIOS Used: SCPH7003.bin (Converted the movie file to match the correct BIOS.)
Welcome to my new Abe's Exoddus TAS completed in 59:40. This movie is slightly slower than the current published TAS dueto using an accurate emulator, Bizhawk with it's Otoshock core. There has been some slight changes to some ofthe levels in the first disc of this game. More information is in the level comments. THe in-game time mtaches Dooty's time, 00:41, but then after the bad ending screen disappears, the game timer then shows 00:40.

level by Level Improvements

Necrum Mines

On the first level of the game, I improve this level by using the ledge glitch shortcut taken from the 100% run. Itho seems a lot faster to use the closest ledge.

Mudomo Vaults

On the third door that I enter, I save a few frames by waiting less for the two paramties to turn arround. In Dooty's run, it took him 53 frames of no input before he could run towards the ledge. I also used the route in the next door from the 100% run which also saved a few frames.

Mudanchee Vaults Ender

In Dooty's run, he couldn't run pass one of the scrabs due to it's AI. He had to hoist against a ledge. In my run, Abe manages to jump towards the scrab and run towards it without it killing Abe.

Feeco Depot

I manage to save a few frames in the Depot thanks to not waiting for the Greeters to move.

Zulags

In the last door in Hub 2, I saved a few freames with the sligs whilst trying to shot the Sligs from the foreground.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5149: Samtastic's PSX Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 59:01.75
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Well, that was nice 15 minutes.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Huh?
Samtastic
He/Him
Player (60)
Spikestuff told me that this movie wasn't using the correct BIOS so I am redoing the movie to match the new BIOS.
Enjoys speedrunning, playing and TASing Oddworld games! Has TASed: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee in 12.06.13 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Adventures II in 20.03.78 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 100% in 2:08:28.4 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:05:01.65 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 37:18 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 37:15 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 100% in 2:!5.44.12 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee any% in 13:01.3 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee any% in 12:59.95 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:04:16.27 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:04:01.07 Currently working on: Waiting for Windows TAS Tools to work so I can TAS PC version of Exoddus.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Samtastic wrote:
Spikestuff told me that this movie wasn't using the correct BIOS so I am redoing the movie to match the new BIOS.
No, let's correct this, you originally used the wrong bios (SCPH1001). Once you made it here, after my warning, you decided to change it to the preferred bios (SCPH-7003 or SCPH-5501). Doing this would causes a desync, since the SCPH1001 bios is much slower than the preferred one. I'm clearing air here, due to the fact that your submission text says the preferred bios, only due to you modifying the header files.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Samtastic
He/Him
Player (60)
Spikestuff wrote:
Samtastic wrote:
No, let's correct this, you originally used the wrong bios (SCPH1001). Once you made it here, after my warning, you decided to change it to the preferred bios (SCPH-7003 or SCPH-5501). Doing this would causes a desync, since the SCPH1001 bios is much slower than the preferred one. I'm clearing air here, due to the fact that your submission text says the preferred bios, only due to you modifying the header files.
I can confirm that my original file I uploaded on my storage does syncs with the updated BIOS. I should submit that one of it syncs with SCPH7003.bin.
Enjoys speedrunning, playing and TASing Oddworld games! Has TASed: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee in 12.06.13 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Adventures II in 20.03.78 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 100% in 2:08:28.4 (with Dooty) Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:05:01.65 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 37:18 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus in 37:15 Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 100% in 2:!5.44.12 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee any% in 13:01.3 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee any% in 12:59.95 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:04:16.27 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee 100% in 1:04:01.07 Currently working on: Waiting for Windows TAS Tools to work so I can TAS PC version of Exoddus.