Submission Text Full Submission Page
We used FCEU Ultra.
Programming error.
Use death as a shortcut.
Use restart sequence.
Aim for the fastest time.
Zelda II, the blacksheep of the Zelda series aim more for an RPG style than a Zelda Style. Not a bad game but not a outstanding to.
The movie was, in majority, play by me (Blitzag), Genisto make the glitch with the healer. The movie was hard and give headach. We use mainly two glitches. The first one, mine, the Left+Right trick. This technique allow to pass throught locked door, slide amesingly fast, do long jump and skip almost all of the palace exept the second one and the last one.
And the second glitch, the Genisto one, here how it work; <<How the glitch works in Zelda II ?>>
I don't know how the glitch work exactly, but I have a good idea of it.
To start the glitch, you must go in a town, then talk to a healer several times before she enter in her house.
If you are lucky, she will enter in the wall. If it's true, enter in the opened door, then you will be in the second part of Rauru Town, but with false entrance.
Here is a list of what you can do:
  • If you take the left exit of the part, you will be at the connected location on the map world.
  • If you take the right exit of the part, you will be at the current location on the map world.
  • If you enter at least 2 times in a house, the game will start to glitch like Super Mario Brothers 1 invisible (the background start to appear at the middle of the screen instead of the side).
  • If you enter at least 5 times in a house, the game will start to glitch more (anytime you enter in a location, you will appear on the left side of the part)
  • If you enter at least 9 time in a house, you will fall lol (if you go right in any part, you will fall the right exit doesn't exists).
Each location on the map have a connection like caves: Rauru Town is connected to King's Tomb, Mido Port Town is connected to Bagu's House...
To reverse the effect, you must do a reset.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Former player
I have no idea what to think after this, it was extremely confusing...
Player (36)
Hooray! More glitched Zelda runs!
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Former player
I voted no. I find it hard to be entertained when the player just glitches through the game very quickly and being visually confusing. Although this isn't as bad as the LTTP run. I prefer glitches like those found in the Rockman 1 video, they were entertaining to look at anyways. Just my 2 cents.
Working on: Command and Conquer PSX Nod Campaign
Former player
Although it is indeed fast, I have to vote no. There are simply too many errors. For instance: I don't think there's enough of a difference between the US and Japan versions to warrant Dark Link taking so much longer in this version than the current normal run. Even if I'm wrong about that, I can guarantee that you can do a much better job of controlling the Left+Right glitch. There are simply too many times you held L+R down too long or didn't keep the max speed. To give you an idea of how much better the glitch can be used, take the cave you usually need jump to get through. It took roughly 1026 frames to get through it. I played around quite a bit with the Left+Right glitch and looking at that test run I was working on a couple months ago I got through that same cave in 572 frames. That's a 7.5 second difference. I have no clue if I ever linked to the test run other than when I did the first palace in under a minute. Here's a link to the latest "version": http://www.kraftfam.org/~erk/nesvideos/Zelda2.zip Granted, properly using the Left+Right glitch might be a pain in the ass because you HAVE to do it one frame at a time, at the very least you could have gotten rid of most of the big errors... :\
Tha is the 'beta version of course it will be improve, that was just for show the potential of it....
Emulator Coder
oh man that was confusing as hell, but a bit funny to see how severe glitches can be :)
Former player
wow... i have no idea what the hell im watching here but... WOW! very nice find. i published, should be treated the same as Rygar (one w/ warps, one without). anyhow, ill vote yes because i want to see this published. damn nice find. good job, both of you.
Former player
I voted no for the same reason as OgreSlayeR. It's an interesting novelty but that's about it. It's 98% glitching to the end of the game and 2% playing. Giga's run on the other hand...
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Skilled player (1404)
Holy mackeral! <O_o> I have never seen a game get this screwed up without a Game Genie! In fact, if this run were published, I would recommend it get a star for showing just how badly you can mess with a game! But, however, I must vote no. You yourself admitted in a different topic that with some work you can probably get it under eight minutes, so I can't vote an affirmative until an improvement is made. Good luck though. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Hahahah, that was a hilarious run. Something like that should definitely be on this site, just to show how to completely break a game by simply pushing left and right at the same time. Still, for this particular run I'm voting no. You said it yourself - it's not optimized.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
dudes, i think he didnt submit it for voting, it was just to show us, hes already making a new run, no need to vote now :)
Skilled player (1404)
If this was a preview, why was it submitted? The point of the workbench isn't to show off what you have going; it's so others can decide if a finsihed movie is worth publishing. If you want to give a preview, do so on other boards.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I voted no for obvious reasons: this can be improved a lot. Please do so. Do not submit previews or unfinished versions to the "queue". Upload them and link them from the NES forum.
Player (70)
I was amazed about this run. But there are too many goofs which needs correction before it get's my YES-vote. I vote NO on this run.
Fihlvein
He/Him
Wow, that's what I call glitching. Now, all left to do is optimize every second of the six-eight minutes and we have a masterpiece. As you can clearly see, Gigafrost is doing better job with the glitch, I think. Can't wait!
Editor, Active player (296)
I find this movie interesting in the same way as the recently submitted SNES Zelda movie. But yes, if this movie can be improved, please do so. Until then, this submission is refused. (No, this method of playing will not supersede Boco's movie.)
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
*psst*... Arc's.
Editor, Active player (296)
Truncated wrote:
*psst*... Arc's.
Oops. Right. :)
Former player
Gigafrost is using the glitch better and you're finding better ways to use it - and that made the least sense out of anything I've ever said. Seriously, though, to optimize this glitch, like everyone said, you'll need better jumping tactics, but there's some stuff you do that Gigafrost doesn't (like beat the game in under 10 minutes). I have a feeling the competition is on. A hybrid video is going to be the sweetest thing ever. Obviously a no vote, but this is going to be nice. And, as mentioned, I would recommend this be a separate video like Rygar.
Former player
but wasnt Giga's attempting to beat ALL the palaces? if so... would there be a SUB-sub catagory (used glitch, beats entire game and used glitch, aims for fastest time)? prolly not. i wonder what the best option would be then... completion by beating all dungeons or just really freakin fast. ill delete this post if my assumption on Giga's video was wrong
Former player
It's right. But the current published video covers all those bases, so I don't see why it's necessary to have one that's glitchy too. I think one glitch video under 10 minutes would suffice. Again, just my opinion.
Former player
Besides, Giga can't finish his video unless he gets FAIRY.
I am loving this a lot. Nice work.